AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jan 23, 2020 at 6:38 AM Post #3,332 of 5,890
What filters takes out the treble?
Greens?

For me personally, it was the the brown filter, although for the majority of the people it's the white filter.
Hope this helps.

KF#1.PNG
KF#2.PNG
KF#3.PNG

Jan 23, 2020 at 6:48 AM Post #3,334 of 5,890
Hi, where can I source these?

They can be bought on aliexpress or amazon, just search "knowles filter" or "knowles damper". But maybe buy it from Aliexpress only after end jan/early feb as most of the sellers are celebrating chinese new year now and won't be shipping your gear for some time. Do buy a damper removal tool too for easier removal of the filter.

The knowles stock damper inside the T800 shell is white, and so u can add another knowles filter into the nozzle (most of us here bought brown or green or white or grey), and if you do this, it is additive in damping (add the stock white damper's 680 ohms + whatever damper u put into the nozzle).
Others are more adventurous and removed the stock white damper within the T800's shell and put their aftermarket damper inside the IEM (I haven't tried this personally, afraid of accidentally damaging something haha).

Jan 23, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #3,337 of 5,890
do the filters just drop into the nozzle?

This is not an Audiosense T800, but putting in and removing the knowles filter is done similarly.

Jan 23, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #3,338 of 5,890
They can be bought on aliexpress or amazon, just search "knowles filter" or "knowles damper". But maybe buy it from Aliexpress only after end jan/early feb as most of the sellers are celebrating chinese new year now and won't be shipping your gear for some time. Do buy a damper removal tool too for easier removal of the filter.

The knowles stock damper inside the T800 shell is white, and so u can add another knowles filter into the nozzle (most of us here bought brown or green or white or grey), and if you do this, it is additive in damping (add the stock white damper's 680 ohms + whatever damper u put into the nozzle).
Others are more adventurous and removed the stock white damper within the T800's shell and put their aftermarket damper inside the IEM (I haven't tried this personally, afraid of accidentally damaging something haha).

So u dont have to remove the current filter in the T800 before u add a New filter?

Also, could u link to a filter that fits the t800

Jan 23, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #3,339 of 5,890
So u dont have to remove the current filter in the T800 before u add a New filter?

Also, could u link to a filter that fits the t800

I bought mine from here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32580267018.html

As per what we discussed in the previous post, you have an option of leaving the stock white tip in the shell, and just add another knowles filter inside the nozzle (hence resistances of both filters need to be added), or you can be brave and remove the stock white filter inside the T800 shell and just replace another filter inside (only one resistance to consider as such). Option 2 is at your own risk, please consult the others who have done it before as I've personally never tried option 2.

The knowles filter doesn't just tame the treble, it also increases the soundstage a bit IMHO.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #3,340 of 5,890
I bought mine from here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32580267018.html

As per what we discussed in the previous post, you have an option of leaving the stock white tip in the shell, and just add another knowles filter inside the nozzle (hence resistances of both filters need to be added), or you can be brave and remove the stock white filter inside the T800 shell and just replace another filter inside (only one resistance to consider as such). Option 2 is at your own risk, please consult the others who have done it before as I've personally never tried option 2.

The knowles filter doesn't just tame the treble, it also increases the soundstage a bit IMHO.
Does the filters make the bass tighter? Besides taming the treble? If so I might get some.

Jan 23, 2020 at 9:29 AM Post #3,341 of 5,890
Seeing as they are super cheap, might as well get all the filters at once...What does higher impedance do? Reduce treble more?

Jan 23, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #3,342 of 5,890
Jan 23, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #3,343 of 5,890
Does the filters make the bass tighter? Besides taming the treble? If so I might get some.

To my ears they only lower the treble. I don't think it affects the bass or mids, but maybe the others who have measuring rigs can advise on this.

Seeing as they are super cheap, might as well get all the filters at once...What does higher impedance do? Reduce treble more?

Yeah more impedance = more treble taming, but I personally don't think you will need anything more than brown/green for the T800 (in addition to stacking with the white stock filter inside the T800).
I tried various permutations with the filters and at the end of the day still preferred the T800 with just the stock white filter (nothing in nozzle).

Jan 23, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #3,344 of 5,890
To my ears they only lower the treble. I don't think it affects the bass or mids, but maybe the others who have measuring rigs can advise on this.

Yeah more impedance = more treble taming, but I personally don't think you will need anything more than brown/green for the T800 (in addition to stacking with the white stock filter inside the T800).
I tried various permutations with the filters and at the end of the day still preferred the T800 with just the stock white filter (nothing in nozzle).
I see, too me the stock T800 is too much of a U-shape for me and sibilant in the highs making me never use it. So im gonna get the filters to try making them useable for me. Since the stock filter is White, Its a waste of cash to get the white filters right?

Jan 23, 2020 at 11:54 AM Post #3,345 of 5,890
It's close just think its got a touch lower extension, I would say the AQ3's got more bass in general and a 'fuller' sound throughout the frequencies though its just the sounds more mid centric, it may be that the titanium driver needs more burn in whereas I found the T4 DD required Zero (depending on your stance)? Also may be a rare instance where specs are actually accurate: AQ3 20-22000hz whereas T4 10-20000. Personally I'd say more like 20-22005hz on the AQ3 :wink:. Think engaging monitor, more monitor than the T800 imo, absolutely rec them and I like my bass:L3000:

Hi everyone, I have to ask something that is difficult to answer .... but I hope it is possible to get an opinion from you all. I have Kxxs and T4,both of which I like as a sound timbre and are the best I have currently. I find T4 extremely fun to listen, although I understand that the sound of T4 is not realistic. I don't want to spend $ 300 on the T800 also because many say they are difficult to use for long relaxed listening, but I'm looking for something that is better than KXXS and T4. Could AQ3 be my next step forward?

I really hope you can give me your opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back