Tempotec V1A
Walnut V2S
LG G6
Xduoo XD-05
Ziku X9
Zishan T1
Xduoo X1

Jan 20, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #3,317 of 5,890
He was talking about AQ3 not T800. but seriously AQ3 got less sub bass than T4? :astonished:

It's close just think its got a touch lower extension, I would say the AQ3's got more bass in general and a 'fuller' sound throughout the frequencies though its just the sounds more mid centric, it may be that the titanium driver needs more burn in whereas I found the T4 DD required Zero (depending on your stance)? Also may be a rare instance where specs are actually accurate: AQ3 20-22000hz whereas T4 10-20000. Personally I'd say more like 20-22005hz on the AQ3 :wink:. Think engaging monitor, more monitor than the T800 imo, absolutely rec them and I like my bass:L3000:

Jan 20, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #3,320 of 5,890
just got my T800. wow, is all i can say.

That's what I said when I first got mine. I had to do a double take and make sure there wasn’t really a dynamic driver hiding somewhere in the shell lol

Jan 21, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #3,322 of 5,890
i had also ordered the copper cable from audiosense for around $17 and they sent me that along with their more expensive "single crystal copper" cable which is listed at about $40.

not sure what the supposed difference is. so far i have no issues with the stock silver cable and my fiio x3 mkiii. also no reall issues with my S10+ other than the bass gets a bit weaker and has less extension. with the fiio on some songs it felt like the bass was shaking my bones, the S10 plus does not have the same slam and rumble, but totally useable.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2020 at 9:03 AM Post #3,323 of 5,890
Can anyone compare the t800 to the it03? Or aq3 to the it03? I love the ibasso's, but I could use more note weight and bigger stage...just checking out my options. Bass quantity is just about perfect on the it03'same as well, but could use more detail/rumble/slam sometimes.

Jan 21, 2020 at 10:48 PM Post #3,325 of 5,890
20200121_204347.jpg
got them in and all I can say at the moment is the it's a mini T800 with less control with zero burn in.

Jan 22, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #3,326 of 5,890
Hey, I just need an opinion.

I am planning to get T800 or Blessing2. Given the good repo of Kanas Pro and KXXS and the fact that Moondrop has a good tuning and also Blessing 2 has supposedly a much better config, I am more inclined towards Blessing2. Also, T800 and Blessing have almost the same price. I need your inputs, especially those who have tried KP/KXXS and T800 both.

Thanks

Jan 23, 2020 at 2:44 AM Post #3,327 of 5,890
Had the T800 for a few weeks, but I ended up returning it. It randomly had a really annoying treble that seemed source-independent. The rep told me I could install filters to fix it, but I'm not too keen to experiment with filters, much less since they came with none. I'd rather stick with the built-in signature for the time being. They had incredible sound, especially for someone who likes bass. Sub and mids were forward, textured, and had a tad bit of thump. It was able to extract details in the lower range I had missed from one of my favorite songs. Mid bass fit well, but I got the feeling of mids being a bit too recessed. Instruments came clear enough, but something was... lacking. Vocals were hit and miss, if memory serves. The treble was not overpowering in the slightest, quite detailed, and tame, and yet it "came loose" not long into the burn-in.

They fit well, but they protruded far too much for my taste. The case was awesome, but I would have preferred something smaller. It was too big for one pair, but at the same time too small for two pairs, and much less including accessories. I'd recommend it, if someone doesn't mind buying the extra filters and testing them out.

Jan 23, 2020 at 2:52 AM Post #3,328 of 5,890
Had the T800 for a few weeks, but I ended up returning it. It randomly had a really annoying treble that seemed source-independent. The rep told me I could install filters to fix it, but I'm not too keen to experiment with filters, much less since they came with none. I'd rather stick with the built-in signature for the time being. They had incredible sound, especially for someone who likes bass. Sub and mids were forward, textured, and had a tad bit of thump. It was able to extract details in the lower range I had missed from one of my favorite songs. Mid bass fit well, but I got the feeling of mids being a bit too recessed. Instruments came clear enough, but something was... lacking. Vocals were hit and miss, if memory serves. The treble was not overpowering in the slightest, quite detailed, and tame, and yet it "came loose" not long into the burn-in.

They fit well, but they protruded far too much for my taste. The case was awesome, but I would have preferred something smaller. It was too big for one pair, but at the same time too small for two pairs, and much less including accessories. I'd recommend it, if someone doesn't mind buying the extra filters and testing them out.

Other than knowles filters, most headfiers find that JVC spiral dots/foam tips tame the treble. If u are a cable believer, copper cables also for me tame the treble compared to the stock SPC ones.
T800 is also very source dependent, so it doesn't really pair well with higher impedance output stuff.

Jan 23, 2020 at 2:55 AM Post #3,329 of 5,890
Other than knowles filters, most headfiers find that JVC spiral dots/foam tips tame the treble. If u are a cable believer, copper cables also for me tame the treble compared to the stock SPC ones.
T800 is also very source dependent, so it doesn't really pair well with higher impedance output stuff.

Hmm, I did play with the tips, but no dice for me. I might regret returning them if not for how bulky they were.

Jan 23, 2020 at 3:05 AM Post #3,330 of 5,890

What filters takes out the treble?
Greens?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back