AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Dec 7, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #2,927 of 5,890
It's a great pairing, but for me personally I just found the low end lacking a bit of tightness. But if it sounds great to you, that is what you like :) . For me personally the 9038s is the best pairing I heard so far, but theres only two modes I truly enjoy on it. It isnt perfect either as I have to take off and reconnect for a different mode and use the phone for volume adjustment.

So curious question. I hear that the Fiio M11 is a great dap, but how does it pair with the T800? The output impedance on the 3.5 port is 1 Ohm while on the 2.5 balanced is 2 Ohm which I honestly feel is way toooo much. You want 0.5 Ohm or lower if possible... for the T800, that's why the T800 gets a boomy/muddy low end or sibilant/piercing treble due to the output impedance being high. But I hear slightly mixed impressions with the M11. Some people say it's a great pairing, some people say the low end is a bit boomy but after a while they grow to like the pairing.. But I feel those people have yet to truly hear what the T800 driven properly sounds like :/ because it shouldn't have a boomy low end. The low end is big and powerful, but it's actually seriously controlled and tight and very fast. Highs should never be piercing, elevated a bit yes, well extended yes, but never harsh or hot...

Based on your earlier post, you were asking how the Fiio M11 sounded like and if it paired well with the T800, it seems your opinion on the Fiio M11 is based on what other people reported and not from your own experience with the Fiio M11 + T800 setup.
Just pointing this out.

Anyway, i think pretty much everyone has to try and see what works out for them theirselves.
Based on all the feedback so far, both the Fiio M11 and E1DA 9038S seem to be the two best matches.

Just my opinion

Dec 7, 2019 at 8:13 PM Post #2,928 of 5,890
Based on your earlier post, you were asking how the Fiio M11 sounded like and if it paired well with the T800, it seems your opinion on the Fiio M11 is based on what other people reported and not from your own experience with the Fiio M11 + T800 setup.
Just pointing this out.

Anyway, i think pretty much everyone has to try and see what works out for them theirselves.
Based on all the feedback so far, both the Fiio M11 and E1DA 9038S seem to be the two best matches.

Just my opinion

I was extremely curious on how the Fiio M11 sounded so I went to test it at the audio store I go to as they got it in stock. I should have stated that in my recent post, my mistake sorry. So from listening experience I just found the low end a bit muddy with the pairing, but with other iems it's an amazing dap and the UI is awesome. The mids and treble did shine through though and soundstage and instrument separation were superb, but I like low end to be of quality and just found it a bit lacking for my taste, it's not the daps or T800 fault. Well maybe slightly both as the T800 is so bloody senstive and picky and M11 does have a bit of a high output. As I said though, mids, treble and everything else sounds great, but low end could be just a bit tighter. Would I get the dap though, if I had the money. Yes I would. Would I pair it with the T800 though? For me personally no. Just my 2 cents, and again sorry about the miscommunication.

Deleted the post :) as I answered my own question haha

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2019 at 9:47 PM Post #2,930 of 5,890
Elaine told me that we will have a 6 BA and 1DD hybrid, with no release date yet, but probably by the end of 2020.
The only problem is that I'm so satisfied with the T800 I feel no need to up grade or buy something new as far as Universal IEM's go. These are truly end game

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2019 at 10:23 PM Post #2,931 of 5,890
Thank you very much! That is very informative. The impedance swing from 1K and up looks better than I expected! Below the 1K it's very linear and where sources/amps with relative high output impedance will relatively have a more significant damping effect than in the higher frequencies.

This may most likely be perceived as the T800 sounding brighter or more treble enhanced! The lower frequencies, bass, could actually sound tighter, more defined as well! But again, individual experiences and perception can certainly vary!

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2019 at 11:26 PM Post #2,932 of 5,890
I was extremely curious on how the Fiio M11 sounded so I went to test it at the audio store I go to as they got it in stock. I should have stated that in my recent post, my mistake sorry. So from listening experience I just found the low end a bit muddy with the pairing, but with other iems it's an amazing dap and the UI is awesome. The mids and treble did shine through though and soundstage and instrument separation were superb, but I like low end to be of quality and just found it a bit lacking for my taste, it's not the daps or T800 fault. Well maybe slightly both as the T800 is so bloody senstive and picky and M11 does have a bit of a high output. As I said though, mids, treble and everything else sounds great, but low end could be just a bit tighter. Would I get the dap though, if I had the money. Yes I would. Would I pair it with the T800 though? For me personally no. Just my 2 cents, and again sorry about the miscommunication.

Deleted the post :) as I answered my own question haha

Interesting you find the lows muddy. I find the low end great, even compared to my DD iems (but not as good as the DD iems). I should mention I’m not using the stock tips and am using an upgraded pure copper cable with balanced 4.4 input. So, not apples to apples with your experience.

Dec 8, 2019 at 12:18 AM Post #2,933 of 5,890
Any news on the hybrid from audiosense? I love the t800, BUT, man, if I could get a combo of the sony ex1000, and the t800, I'd be done, no more, gone from looking/buying(in theory). The low end on the ex1k is just glorious, as well as the soundstage. I also prefer the overall timbre of the ex1k to the t800. I go back and fourth all the time, as I love them both equally really, one does something better than the other, but both are phenomenal in ears. If audiosense can pull off a hybrid without having the common coherence issues associated with hybrids, or at least limiting it, and we could get the same cost/performance as the t800, well then, i would be a happy camper.

Dec 8, 2019 at 12:35 AM Post #2,934 of 5,890
Any news on the hybrid from audiosense? I love the t800, BUT, man, if I could get a combo of the sony ex1000, and the t800, I'd be done, no more, gone from looking/buying(in theory). The low end on the ex1k is just glorious, as well as the soundstage. I also prefer the overall timbre of the ex1k to the t800. I go back and fourth all the time, as I love them both equally really, one does something better than the other, but both are phenomenal in ears. If audiosense can pull off a hybrid without having the common coherence issues associated with hybrids, or at least limiting it, and we could get the same cost/performance as the t800, well then, i would be a happy camper.

I just asked a AudioSense representative about the new upcoming hybrid model and they replied with that there is a high chance that it will be released in two weeks.

Also if anyone is interested, their new cable, the "8 Strands 19 Core 6N OCC Single Crystal Copper" is on sale now.
From €36,46 to €18,28

8 Strands 19 Core 6N OCC Single Crystal Copper.png

Dec 8, 2019 at 2:00 AM Post #2,935 of 5,890
Also if anyone is interested, their new cable, the "8 Strands 19 Core 6N OCC Single Crystal Copper" is on sale now. From €36,46 to €18,28

That cable is $53.38 in Canadian dollars and is not on sale right now. Something tells me it's very overpriced. :frowning2:

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2019 at 3:02 AM Post #2,936 of 5,890
That cable is $53.38 in Canadian dollars and is not on sale right now. Something tells me it's very overpriced. :frowning2:

Hello, apparently you don't know how to get the discount for the "8 Strands 19 Core 6N OCC Single Crystal Copper" cable , so i will explain it to you, step by step.

1) Click on this link -> https://www.aliexpress.com/store/sale-items/3115056.html?spm=a2g0o.store_home.pcShopHead_35650512.2
And grab the coupon code, as shown on the attached image.
Coupon.png

2) Click on this link -> https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000418414631.html?spm=2114.12010615.8148356.1.f6832aca3OBUuP
Add the "AUDIOSENSE 8 Strands 19 Core 6N OCC Single Crystal Copper" cable to your cart.

3) Go to your cart and select the "AUDIOSENSE 8 Strands 19 Core 6N OCC Single Crystal Copper" cable, to buy.
The discount from the coupon code will be applied, as shown on the attached image.

Coupon.png Discount.png

The price for the cable, like i said, after the discount, is €18,19. (Again as shown on the attached image)

According the the online currency converter that i'm using €18,19 is equal to 26.67 Canadian dollar.
I'm not the one to decide for you if that is overpriced or not, that is for you yourself to decide.

Dec 8, 2019 at 5:46 AM Post #2,939 of 5,890
I just asked a AudioSense representative about the new upcoming hybrid model and they replied with that there is a high chance that it will be released in two weeks.

Also if anyone is interested, their new cable, the "8 Strands 19 Core 6N OCC Single Crystal Copper" is on sale now.
From €36,46 to €18,28

I have this cable, it seems to be very low impedance and improved tonality and bass imaging on my setup.

Got sent it with a new set of T800s when my originals lost the left bass driver, almost certainly because of something I did.

Awesome customer service from Audiosense - I was very gently admonished about my care regime...”you should think of them as high end jewellery”!

Engineer’s report for the ghoulish amongst you :wink:
3F1AA96B-FE99-462E-9F36-B804E3C0B443.jpeg

Dec 8, 2019 at 6:21 AM Post #2,940 of 5,890
I have this cable, it seems to be very low impedance and improved tonality and bass imaging on my setup.

Got sent it with a new set of T800s when my originals lost the left bass driver, almost certainly because of something I did.

Awesome customer service from Audiosense - I was very gently admonished about my care regime...”you should think of them as high end jewellery”!

Engineer’s report for the ghoulish amongst you :wink:
Thanks for the pictures, I have no clue what it's saying. But interesting still haha. Did the engineer find out what may have gone wrong or happened?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back