AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Dec 9, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #2,959 of 5,890
I may have posted my sources awhile back but here are all my current excellent sounding pairings with T800s!
Fiio M6
Cowon Plenue R
Sony NW-A45
Ibasso DX90 and DX200

I lucked out as all my current and still working (DX90) sound great with the T800’s
The last year has been frigging epic for myself and IEMs, I don’t ever remember having so many absolutely good sounding IEMs. The top 3 I use most are in my signature, but there are more incoming and its a few weeks until 2020. We don’t have personal Jetpacks yet like I was sure would be commonplace by now when I was a kid of 15 but being a kid of 61 is awesome for audio!

Dec 9, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #2,960 of 5,890
I may have posted my sources awhile back but here are all my current excellent sounding pairings with T800s!
Fiio M6
Cowon Plenue R
Sony NW-A45
Ibasso DX90 and DX200

I lucked out as all my current and still working (DX90) sound great with the T800’s
The last year has been frigging epic for myself and IEMs, I don’t ever remember having so many absolutely good sounding IEMs. The top 3 I use most are in my signature, but there are more incoming and its a few weeks until 2020. We don’t have personal Jetpacks yet like I was sure would be commonplace by now when I was a kid of 15 but being a kid of 61 is awesome for audio!

I used the Fiio M6 for a week with the T800, in my oppinion, a very very bad pairing, i let my friends listen to it as well, they also thought it was a very bad pairing.
I'm currently using the Sony NW-A45 (since yesterday) and again, in my oppinion, a very very bad pairing, also a good amount of hissing can be heard.

I wonder why you say that the Fiio M6 and Sony NW-A45 are excellent sounding pairings with T800s, while i think those two are very very bad with the T800. (I would peronally not recommend them to anyone to use with the T800)
Did you run anything else with the Fiio M6 and Sony NW-A45? Like the E1DA 9038s?

I even spoke with a representative of AudioSense and they confirmed that the Fiio M6 is a very bad pairing for their T800. AudioSense only recommends the Fiio M11/M11 Pro from the Fiio lineup. As the other DAPs from Fiio are bad pairings for their T800.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #2,961 of 5,890
Nope run them both straight, streaming Spotify on M6 now with 800s, the Sony and DX200 are newest for me. When I first got 800s I used them constantly with M6, DX90 and Plenue R and never heard a hiss or bad moment.

I wonder why you say that the Fiio M6 and Sony NW-A45 are excellent sounding pairings with T800s, while i think those two are very very bad with the T800.
Probably the same reason I wonder why you say they are bad!

When I see “I wonder why .....” it sounds like your really thinking “this guy doesn’t have a clue”, I know its not don’t get me wrong but everybody’s got different tastes. I wouldn’t write its fine unless mine sounded fine, maybe its a unknown difference we can’t see yet or at all.
AZLA SednaEarfitLight tips and Nicechk 16 core copper cables on mine also ....it is a unique situation.

Dec 9, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #2,963 of 5,890
Finally I have my new cable. Endgame!!!!

Cable 171 2.5mm. 8 wire (EAC 7n UP-OCC Copper Litz 8 wire cable)
Instantly the quality of the connectors feels so much better, the braiding is soft but yet firmly built. The copper is gorgeous, you can see every strand clearly. And the wood on the connector and y split feel very premium :D

Now the sound is what matters most. Compared to the ISN S16 which is 3.5 mm. I notice a much more black background which really gives the sense of space. Instrument separation is improved and is much easier to hear. Soundstage has become more wider and height has also improved, but the depth is what wows me, it's crazy how much room feel there is. No it's not headphone or open back level and never will be. But for an iem, it is impressive and I am glad soundstage isnt to wide or high as it would affect the imaging and I am glad to say imaging is amazing and has been improved as well. The low end has gained more impact and rumbles are so satisfyingly addictive but yet it also has become more tighter and cleaner but strangely even though it feels like more low end, it's sounds slightly more in the background, the hit, kick, impact now truly reminds me of a dynamic driver, where it can feel like more low end but it's less.

Impressive :D

Mids feel like if they have come more forward due to the low end being back a bit but the low end kicks harder than before, it's strange. Mids are smooth, they have weight which was something the T800 needed a bit, and clarity has been improved as well. Detail is what amazes me. I always thought copper cables were warm, bassy cables and they are. But this cable is warm, does have a bassy character to it, but sounds soooo crystal clear and clean, much cleaner and clearer than the ISN S16 while being velvety smooth. No loss of details at all, instead a gain of details. It's gorgeous. The treble is smooth as what you'd expect with a copper cable, but yet again it feels more refined than the ISN S16. This cable I can highly rec to anyone if they want a higher end copper cable. Hakuzen was right about this cable and big shout out to him :D. It's a gorgeous pairing with the T800 and 9038s.

Cable 171 vs Jcally 8 core SPC 2.5 balanced.

Honestly the Jcally 8 core is the cable I rank last of the 3. It's a nice budget option but there is better for slightly more. I notice with the Jcally cable the low end is tight and punchy but no where near the level of the ISN S16 especially compared to cable 171. It sounds slightly muddy when harder hits happen, it loses control. Mids are clear but you can hear a big step up when compared to the ISN S16 and cable 171, what really makes the Jcally cable meh is weight on the mids. They sound a bit thin compared to the S16 and very thin compared to cable 171. Detail is closer to the S16 but the S16 brings lower mids a bit more power and clarity. Treble on the Jcally is actually pretty meh. Hakuzen did say it's a good cable but not the best match for resolving and clear iems. I 1000% agree. It took away that extra extension the T800 had and you lose a fair bit of detail and clarity in the treble. Instrument separation is pretty good and soundstage as well but does not compare to the S16 and no where near cable 171.

I finally have my end game set up and will not be looking for any other iems for a serious good while. I am set :D :D :D

20191210_122244.jpg
20191210_121603.jpg
20191210_121556.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2019 at 8:34 PM Post #2,964 of 5,890
I am curios to know why you feel it's a bad pairing. Do you find treble to be to elevated? Is the low end too muddy or bloated? Everyone have different preferences. So what specifically is bad about the Fiio M6 and T800? For me, I said the Fiio M11 I find the low end a bit muddy to my ears but everything else is great. Some others have had the same opinion, some others love the pairing. But you are saying it's very very bad without clarifying what is very very bad about it..

You have a good point, point taken!

I consider the Fiio M6 a very very bad pairing, as it makes both the low and high frequencies sound bad, The Fiio M6 also makes the soundstage sound very narrow.
Audiosense does not recommend the Fiio M6 together with the T800, because they are a bad match
The Hifishop does not recommend the Fiio M6 together with the T800, because they are a bad match ( Local shop, having had listening sessions, and different people's opinions)
I myself would never recommend the Fiio M6 to use with the T800. Out of all the sources i've tried myself, the Fiio M6 was the worst match with the T800.

However i came to realize that everyone is different, and that everyone hears things differently.
What to me is, a very very bad pairing for the T800. (Also confirmed by Audiosense themselves) is to another person a excellent sounding pairings with T800.

Everyone is different

Dec 9, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #2,966 of 5,890
Looking forward to your impressions!

My initial impressions with azla sedna tips and 3.5mm 6n 8 core copper wire. Grey filters pulled out close to the nozzle and I am using spotify premium.

As a preface, I never had an issue with sibilance or treble being too hot. I rather enjoyed the treble and clarity. But I did find sometimes the mids were a bit thin.

This again is personal preference, but after listening to lcdx, I wanted a lush smooth yet detailed iem and this player delivers. I was listening for a few hours and I found the bass is quick, clean and has a good texture to it. I didnt find it to be bloated or slow. Vocals have a fuller sound and so does piano and guitars. The trade off is the highs are bit less but to me it sounds more natural now. Lots of detail and soundstage is wide with better imaging.

I'm surprised at how much it changed up the T800 and I am really enjoying it.

I'll compare it to my ar-m20 when I'm home.

Dec 9, 2019 at 10:44 PM Post #2,969 of 5,890
It's

EAC (Electro Acoustic)
7n UP-OCC Copper Litz 8 wire cable
Are your connectors loose ? My 175 connectors where so loose that my t800 fall from the cable just by lifting it up. And they where too loose on my other mmcx iems too. I ordered now good mmcx plugs whitout this 4 split mmcx the ea cable have. And have to re solder it

Dec 9, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #2,970 of 5,890
Are your connectors loose ? My 175 connectors where so loose that my t800 fall from the cable just by lifting it up. And they where too loose on my other mmcx iems too. I ordered now good mmcx plugs whitout this 4 split mmcx the ea cable have. And have to re solder it

Damn thats bad. Really bad. Did you try contacting them? I am sure they would have replaced the cable. My MMCX connectors are perfect. They connect easily, and come of easily, but not loose at all. No wobble, perfect fit.
I'm pretty sure you got a faulty cable :/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back