AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Dec 6, 2019 at 7:37 AM Post #2,896 of 5,890
I wouldn't say necessarily they NEED juice, as they can get plenty loud with fairly low power, it's just that the SQ scales well with power. Yet i've seen it stated numerous times in this thread, by several people, that all that matters for the T800 is a source with low output impedance. But if that were the case, the T800 would sound perfect on the V30, as it has an output impedance of effectively 0. Yet with the 9038S, which is orders of magnitude more powerful than the V30 output, everything tightens up and sounds more crisp and clear. Power DOES noticeably improve the SQ of the T800. Hear the difference for yourself.
FYI... Output Impedance of the LG-V30 is reported as 1.0 or 1.5 on various google searches.... Better than some phones and DAP's, but in that range could start seeing some effect on sound quality with the 9 Ohm T800's.

Dec 6, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #2,897 of 5,890
Could i kindly ask you to share with us the setup you are using with the T800?

T800 Configuration:
- Knowles White damper instead of stock grey filter
- Auvio tips

Source configuration:
#1.) iPhone SE, Radsone ES100 in 2X Balanced mode, @hakuzen cable 168 (2.5mm balanced)
or
#2.) xduoo X3, FiiO E12A Mont Blanc, NiceHCK C16-1 3.5mm single ended

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #2,898 of 5,890
Has anyone actually measured the T800 impedance swing across or vs frequency to settle where and how various output impedance of sources can actually affect the overall tonality or sound pressure, that be bass, mid range, treble frequencies? Please share!
Also, has anyone measured the T800 regarding if it is better driven by sources/amplifiers that delivers current or voltage, which is better? I believe there are many variabilities that affects the T800 and how it in the end sound or translate all these factors on how we prefer to experience the joy from any given IEM.

Screenshot_20191112-074515__01.jpg

Dec 6, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #2,899 of 5,890
T800 Configuration:
- Knowles White damper instead of stock grey filter
- Auvio tips

Source configuration:
#1.) iPhone SE, Radsone ES100 in 2X Balanced mode, @hakuzen cable 168 (2.5mm balanced)
or
#2.) xduoo X3, FiiO E12A Mont Blanc, NiceHCK C16-1 3.5mm single ended

Thank you for all the info, very much appreciated!

Dec 6, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #2,900 of 5,890
I was ready to try stuff like dampers etc. if I hated T800 but found using the supplied copper cable an AZLA Sedna Ear Fit tips or JVC Spiral dots I’m finding no reason to mod them. Stock dampers are fine and I’ve never heard any peakiness or sibilance as I feared....none, zero...lol.

Sometimes I overthink stuff so before hand with the T800’s I was prepared to seek mods but after hearing them when I finally had the cash to get them I was truly taken by the sound as it is. That poor guy a few pages back got himself a ball and chain to plug into before he even heard them sounded like.
Loving mine still but the Tape is challenging them......#1 T800, #2 Tape, #3 Tin T3!

Dec 6, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #2,901 of 5,890
I asked an audiosense rep on AE a few days ago about the AQ3 hybrid, they said they are finetuning the nozzle sizing/length. And it should be releasing over next few weeks once they fix the nozzle issue.
But as previously stated, they are inclined to release it to the China domestic market first, with only limited sets reserved for Western customers. Though you can contact them to be a first adopter in the West, they said they can work out a first adopter discount for westerners.

I'm quite happy with the T800, will probably give this a miss, unless they release some flagship next year that is better than the T800.
Elaine told me that we will have a 6 BA and 1DD hybrid, with no release date yet, but probably by the end of 2020.

Dec 6, 2019 at 11:18 PM Post #2,902 of 5,890
So been trying all the different modes on the 9038s. I can confirm the IEM mode is the least detailed out of the 4. It sounds a bit muffled and slightly congested in the soundstage compared to normal mode. It has even been discussed by many user on the 9038s discord pages. Performance mode is normal mode on steroids, more clarity, more detail, a bit more low end, a bit more treble extension while being smoother, more soundstage, more and improved of everything but it's not a huge difference, but is noticeable. SE Tube mode is great for brighter gear, pairs nicely with the T800 when you want to have a relaxed and long listening session.

At the end of the day, it's about what you truly enjoy most. Just trying to make listening to music a bit more enjoyable haha, try out all the modes and see which suit you ears and the T800 best for you. For me, Mode 2 is my go to :)

My main concern is the new cable 171 8 wire that I am waiting for. It has been stuck on Shezhen airline for nearly a week now and nothing has changed -.- . I just want my cable haha

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2019 at 7:13 AM Post #2,903 of 5,890
I own Shanling M0 which pairs very well with T800. 9038s on the way, so if M0 is equally good, I'll ping

I just bought the Shanling M0 after reading how you said that it pairs very will with the T800 and i have to say that this combo is very very bad.( in my opinion ) Both the low frequencies and high frequencies sound very bad with the Shanling M0, It was so bad that i returned the Shanling almost immediately.

I spoke with a representative of AudioSense and they recommend the following for the T800:
- Sony DAC
- iBassio DX series player
- Fiio M11/M11 pro

Dec 7, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #2,904 of 5,890
I just bought the Shanling M0 after reading how you said that it pairs very will with the T800 and i have to say that this combo is very very bad.( in my opinion ) Both the low frequencies and high frequencies sound very bad with the Shanling M0, It was so bad that i returned the Shanling almost immediately.

I spoke with a representative of AudioSense and they recommend the following for the T800:
- Sony DAC
- iBassio DX series player
- Fiio M11/M11 pro

I wouldn't pair the T800 with the M11 or M11pro. It is a great dap, but the output impedance is to high for the T800

Dec 7, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #2,905 of 5,890
I wouldn't pair the T800 with the M11 or M11pro. It is a great dap, but the output impedance is to high for the T800

Did you test it yourself? The T800 with the M11 or M11pro?
Despite the output impedance being too high, several people have reported that it is in fact a good setup.

I guess the only way to find out is to actually see for yourself. I'll be grabbing the Fiio M11 myself

Dec 7, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #2,906 of 5,890
So been trying all the different modes on the 9038s. I can confirm the IEM mode is the least detailed out of the 4. It sounds a bit muffled and slightly congested in the soundstage compared to normal mode. It has even been discussed by many user on the 9038s discord pages. Performance mode is normal mode on steroids, more clarity, more detail, a bit more low end, a bit more treble extension while being smoother, more soundstage, more and improved of everything but it's not a huge difference, but is noticeable. SE Tube mode is great for brighter gear, pairs nicely with the T800 when you want to have a relaxed and long listening session.

At the end of the day, it's about what you truly enjoy most. Just trying to make listening to music a bit more enjoyable haha, try out all the modes and see which suit you ears and the T800 best for you. For me, Mode 2 is my go to :)

My main concern is the new cable 171 8 wire that I am waiting for. It has been stuck on Shezhen airline for nearly a week now and nothing has changed -.- . I just want my cable haha
I don't seem to have the same experience as you. Yes I do agree there is a slightly more soundstage & "oomph" using normal/performance mode, but I don't like the increased power draw it causes, and to me, running in IEM mode w/ USB direct turned on, I get excellent SQ and performance from IEM mode. You are using poweramp, which does not have an option to bypass the phone's inbuilt sound processing. I used to use UAPP, but found it a tad unstable, then went to poweramp for a while, but eventually settled on neutron. It's been very stable, and also has direct USB mode. It may feel that IEM mode is less detailed, but seriously, it's just normal mode with the output dialed down. For mobile use, it's the way to go for me. Bonus is I don't have to worry as much about accidentally blowing out my eardrums.

Dec 7, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #2,907 of 5,890
Did you test it yourself? The T800 with the M11 or M11pro?
Despite the output impedance being too high, several people have reported that it is in fact a good setup.

I guess the only way to find out is to actually see for yourself. I'll be grabbing the Fiio M11 myself
I have tried the M11. I found the low end to be a tad to much, in some cases boomy and muddy. Similar to my Samsung S9. Mids and treble were great, but the T800 can sound much better. But best way is to try for yourself

Dec 7, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #2,908 of 5,890
I don't seem to have the same experience as you. Yes I do agree there is a slightly more soundstage & "oomph" using normal/performance mode, but I don't like the increased power draw it causes, and to me, running in IEM mode w/ USB direct turned on, I get excellent SQ and performance from IEM mode. You are using poweramp, which does not have an option to bypass the phone's inbuilt sound processing. I used to use UAPP, but found it a tad unstable, then went to poweramp for a while, but eventually settled on neutron. It's been very stable, and also has direct USB mode. It may feel that IEM mode is less detailed, but seriously, it's just normal mode with the output dialed down. For mobile use, it's the way to go for me. Bonus is I don't have to worry as much about accidentally blowing out my eardrums.

For me, after more testing. It's not draining the phone as much as I thought, maybe an extra 2% I have been doing a lot if wireless browsing while listening but in my case, it's about the same battery life as iem mode. Poweramp also saves the settings so I havent had any issues with volume :)

I used to use neutron but I wasnt the biggest fan of the UI. Maybe I'll give it a try again though

Dec 7, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #2,909 of 5,890
For me, after more testing. It's not draining the phone as much as I thought, maybe an extra 2% I have been doing a lot if wireless browsing while listening but in my case, it's about the same battery life as iem mode. Poweramp also saves the settings so I havent had any issues with volume :)

I used to use neutron but I wasnt the biggest fan of the UI. Maybe I'll give it a try again though
agreed. Neutrons UI sucks compared to poweramp :\. But I sacrifice for the direct USB mode, and the stable bug-free software experience (UAPP is a buggy mess for me for some reason). The phone's audio processing is going to color the sound, and it's apparent when you hear the difference between direct USB vs non-direct. AFAIK DAPs that use android software are designed to use direct USB mode by default, as to avoid the software coloring the sound by the additional sound processing it adds.
It's a cheap & quick test worth trying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back