AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Sep 23, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #2,191 of 5,890
M9 is nice, congrats.

I been eyeballing that M11 Pro they just dropped. That thing is sick. THX AAA

Sep 23, 2019 at 10:27 PM Post #2,192 of 5,890
Are any of the other Audiosense iems an excellent choice? T800s I’m definitely getting soon but are the one, two, and 3 driver configuration models anything to grab while I’m ordering?

Sep 24, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #2,193 of 5,890
Using T800 stock for 2 weeks with comply foam and what a glorious sound. Superb for hi-res flacs of acoustic, classical, jazz... Actually any carefully mastered/produced music sound superb. But would show every problem with poorly mastered/produced/compressed music. Not bright ou harsh at all just lots of details.

The catch is the usual seal and lots of clean power to drive it. It's scale wonderfully from cellphone, to portable DAC/Amp, to desktop setups.

Using with #9038s (600mw/per channel, zout 0.3 ohms, es9038 mobile dac/110 sinad - really crazy stuff at 70 usd) on the go and Sabaj D5 (as dac)/MD THX AAA at home.

The #9038s makes the T800 sing as loud as you want with authority, the Sabaj D5/THX AAA improves in control and microdetails.

It's really audio heaven

A great thanks to all of you who convinced me with your enthusiasm to buy it blindly! Very glad that I did!

Sep 24, 2019 at 10:07 PM Post #2,194 of 5,890
Using T800 stock for 2 weeks with comply foam and what a glorious sound. Superb for hi-res flacs of acoustic, classical, jazz... Actually any carefully mastered/produced music sound superb. But would show every problem with poorly mastered/produced/compressed music. Not bright ou harsh at all just lots of details.

The catch is the usual seal and lots of clean power to drive it. It's scale wonderfully from cellphone, to portable DAC/Amp, to desktop setups.

Using with #9038s (600mw/per channel, zout 0.3 ohms, es9038 mobile dac/110 sinad - really crazy stuff at 70 usd) on the go and Sabaj D5 (as dac)/MD THX AAA at home.

The #9038s makes the T800 sing as loud as you want with authority, the Sabaj D5/THX AAA improves in control and microdetails.

It's really audio heaven

A great thanks to all of you who convinced me with your enthusiasm to buy it blindly! Very glad that I did!
thanks for this review! Confirms my desire to get a dac/amp for mobile use. I decided to go with a stack instead of a DAP. I love my xduoo desktop amp so I opted for their highly praised mobile dac/amp the XP-2
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/xduoo-xp-2-bluetooth-usb-dac-amp.23597/reviews

Someone here actually reviewed it with the T800 and gave positive reviews. Output power is 245mW @ 32 Ohm. Doesn't do balanced, but with that amount of power I don't feel like I need it. Excited to try it!
BTW for anyone ordering stuff from China... if it hasn't left China by the end of this week, you're looking at a 1 week delay, at minimum. It's golden week here and all of China will be off the week of Oct 1st.

Sep 25, 2019 at 6:07 AM Post #2,195 of 5,890
i looked at those when I was trying to decide. I just didn't wanna wait the couple weeks it would have taken to get here from China. I ended up with a used Fiio Q5 and couldn't be happier!

Sep 25, 2019 at 6:37 AM Post #2,196 of 5,890
thanks for this review! Confirms my desire to get a dac/amp for mobile use. I decided to go with a stack instead of a DAP. I love my xduoo desktop amp so I opted for their highly praised mobile dac/amp the XP-2

With iems that have this combination of low impedance and not so high sensibility like T800 a good external mobile amp/dac is a must when on the go. It's another experience for sure.

Make sure the one you choose can handle 9 ohms and has a very low zout. The #9038s can handle 4ohms at -15 db safely but it gets mildly hot and as It draws power from cellphone battery over USBC rail (if not using a power bank) if I forget the volume on high as soon as press play the cellphone reboot...

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #2,198 of 5,890
Had anyone listened to both the t800 and iBasso it04 on depth enough to suggest whether the former would be a decent upgrade (or perhaps interesting sidegrade) compared to the latter?
I think @Owludio can help you with that.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #2,199 of 5,890
Had anyone listened to both the t800 and iBasso it04 on depth enough to suggest whether the former would be a decent upgrade (or perhaps interesting sidegrade) compared to the latter?
Short answer - Maybe. (busy at work now, later can elaborate more) ..
Edit: BTW @Hawaiibadboy (BGGAR) had both, but it04 never got review, only unbox video, and that means usually that he didn't like it.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #2,200 of 5,890
Short answer - Maybe. (busy at work now, later can elaborate more) ..

Thanks! Look forward to your views. Just in case my somewhat convoluted question wasn't clear. I currently own the It04s -- considering getting the t800s, because of the incredible reviews they've been getting here. But wondered if there was a significant enough difference. I am trying to rein in my spending a little....(I bought the t300s, which are not bad, but are oddly not at all comfortable for me, apparently due to the angle of the nozzle).

Sep 25, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #2,201 of 5,890
Thanks! Look forward to your views. Just in case my somewhat convoluted question wasn't clear. I currently own the It04s -- considering getting the t800s, because of the incredible reviews they've been getting here. But wondered if there was a significant enough difference. I am trying to rein in my spending a little....(I bought the t300s, which are not bad, but are oddly not at all comfortable for me, apparently due to the angle of the nozzle).

I have both T800 and IT04. Depends on what your preferences are. I think I'll keep the T800, because it fits and isolates better (I'm using iems mainly on the bus/train).
T800 has much better highs, I was worried it would be too sharp after seeing the graph and initial impressions, but it is far from sibilant. Upper mids are more pronounced, but they can be tuned to your tastes by changing dampers (I use white instead of stock grey and it is enough). For me, T800 has too much bass, I will try silver cable which should help.. But don't get me wrong, sub bass is really impressive for BA set, its a bit slower than usual bass you get from BAs though.

I think I like bass and mids better on IT04, it is closer to neutral and I just feel the DD presents the sound more naturally. I really like the depth of IT04, I think it is first iem I owned that actually can put sound in front of me. Some may find the upper mids a bit recessed, I don't mind. This could be one of the reasons I percieve more depth actually.. My biggest gripe with IT04 is the treble, I can't describe it, but on some songs cymbals just sound artificial.

In the end, I'd pick iem that actually fits me securely even if I would sacrifice a bit of sound quality. I'd suggest you to try the T800 and see. If you don't like it, you can always sell it as its popular atm. Hope that helps. I wrote this in a hurry, so if you have some questions, feel free to ask. I also have graphs of both.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #2,202 of 5,890
I guess I'm not the only one having problem with it04 upper mids-lower treble making cymbals sound dry and thin. Thin copper cable helps(by rolling top end off) but not enough. This tuning of the treble is a pro-monitor kind similar to my ier-M9. I find it to be not forgiving and sounding pretty good actually only on my desktop setup with lossless, but Spotify was too fatiguing and OCD with cymbals bothered me.
I also agree, it04 has more forward mids. They sound intense creating 1st row presentation while maintaining impressive depth of stage with enough air to sound very open on ambient recordings. it04 bass has emphasis on sub bass with mid bass slightly recessed - so less likely to overshadow low mids (some folks call it bass bleed :face_palm:).
Treble on it04 is less smooth. I guess, there is no way around 2x driver count on T800. Sound stage on T800 helped by more even mid bass trough low mids - is more resonant with more room feel removed a little away from the stage. Reminds me Fearless Roland presentation (which happens to be my personal preference.)
T800 also smaller and fits better. That custom-universal shape is more refined. It does isolate better (even though it's vented because of new vented bass BAs).
I like both as presentation benefits different types of music.
But wondered if there was a significant enough difference
Depends on what cable are you using? What would you like more/less/change. it04 very sensitive to cable properties.

Sep 25, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #2,203 of 5,890
Do you like the t300 bass? T800 bass goes as low as it04 but with less impact-full sub bass. Those t800 vented BA are very good but not vented DD kind of good. You might miss that impact. If you are ok with it04 treble or can fix it with cable/source swapping, I wouldn't upgrade.
Try spinfits or triple flange with t300. I have similar problem with se846. I cannot recommend tips I'm using because they are discontinued (Monster super tips) but both mentioned above worked too.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2019 at 2:31 AM Post #2,204 of 5,890
Do you like the t300 bass? T800 bass goes as low as it04 but with less impact-full sub bass. Those t800 vented BA are very good but not vented DD kind of good. You might miss that impact. If you are ok with it04 treble or can fix it with cable/source swapping, I wouldn't upgrade.
Try spinfits or triple flange with t300. I have similar problem with se846. I cannot recommend tips I'm using because they are discontinued (Monster super tips) but both mentioned above worked too.

Thanks for your thoughts, much appreciated.

I did like the t300 bass. however strong subbass is something I'm increasingly realising is pretty important. I'm a bit of (sub) bass head. I don't have a problem with the it04's treble to be honest. So perhaps I should save my pennies and look for a different upgrade....

I guess my interest in the t800s was not necessarily as a straight out improvement, but also as an interesting new sound. the fit/isolation is still appealing. It's a pity it's not easier to demo these things.

Interesting you say that about the se846 -- I also have the same problem. (was probably going to sell them and the 300s sooner or later) I was really surprised because se425s fit me perfectly, but it seems that's because of the more severe upward angle of the 425's nozzles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back