AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 13, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #1,246 of 5,890
oke guys I received the audiosense t800 today ... so quick impressions .. this iems are sounding full like really full ... microdetails are like crazy ... soundstage is superb ( its like listening next to expensive speakers ) but my main problem with this iems are the brightness I mean they go with every genry so no issues with piercing highs they go with every track aswell.. but this doesnt mean the track does sound right aswell.. if u put good mastered tracks they will show there potential at 100 percent.. which means u gonna listen to a full track with all the details in the music which is insane for me if I compare to my other iems.. they go with weak sources aswell the copper cable which came with it improved the soundstage and seperation for me ... but the brightness is really sometimes too much which i dislike... so I need to tune it with eq.. which I dont like either...

lows are good
mids are good too only with good mastered tracks or shall I say good music .. so compressed music is no go for this iem
highs are too bright for my tast with some tracks but not always is this the case.. its like its very picky with some tracks which I notice...
soundstage is very big and to add to this the microdetails.. you can hear everything in the track. its like listening a full track which is very nice... think of big expensive speakers in front of you... like really big...

seperation is really big

i still need time with this iems so yeah this was my impressions

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #1,247 of 5,890
In hindsight it would have been smart to wait to trim my nails until *after* I'd finished wrestling the trimmed core bits from the T180's stock tips on and off while experimenting with more core+othertip combos... Ow. :sweat_smile: Currently experimenting with trying to trim the core off one of the large T180 tips (*I* ain't gonna' use them ever, the smallest tips are borderline vacuum-seal-uncomfortable as is) so I can see what the anonymous SpinFits that came with the Rosewill EX-500 are like since they stick too far out with a full-length core, which is what prompted my regret for nail trimming timing...

And on a related note, @Slater - unless they did some weird variant for the Rosewill EX-500, I think the SpinFits that came with it are recolored CP500, not CP145 or something like I'd been guessing based on nozzle diameters. Holding them up to the light there's an extra ridge inside the base that basically none of the other models seem to have and the cone does extend a bit past the base of the core which I hadn't really paid attention to before. Does make a certain amount of sense given the Rosewill's model name, in hindsight, but not like there isn't precedent for random numbers in model names or anything... lol

And conclusion re: the anonymous maybe-CP500 SpinFits is I like the fit a *lot* better but I'm losing a touch of bass. Wondering how much of that is due to the T180's nozzle extending past where I had to trim the core of the T180's tip to to get the SpinFits to end a little less ridiculously far out (could only get them half to two-thirds of the way down before they'd stop sliding on) and thus allowing the sound to potentially "backwash" a bit and how much of it might be to simply having a wider opening at that point. Depending on how/where the CP800 SpinFits decide to fit on the T180's nozzle they may or may not have the former problem (backwash) and almost certainly will have the latter one (though that's potentially more "difference" than "problem" and presumably their acoustic engineers have some idea what they're doing and at the very least should be a non-negative...).

Still leaves me somewhat undecided between ordering to-size SpinFits or the Westone sampler pack though, but I think I shall trim a second large T180 tip's core down to a similar length and run with that plus the Rosewill SpinFits for now because I'm willing to lose a touch of bass for better comfort.

(Edit - Ahhaha man the heat's getting to me. Trimmed a second core down, swapped it onto the second IEM, added the second SpinFit, went to go tidy things up... and went wait where did the second full-length core go and why do I have an odd number of T180 tips? I'd completely spaced and trimmed the core I'd pulled off from the first IEM instead of breaking down the second large T180 tip down. Time to go run a few pointless errands so I can be in the car's AC for a bit methinks.)

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #1,248 of 5,890
btw I noticed that my iems dont have white mesh on it do you guys know if it effects the treble and the brightness?

if anyone knows some eq settings to adjust the brightness I would glady hear...

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #1,250 of 5,890
so anyone can point how I can reverse it to make my own mesh on the iem or maybe some easier method which I can buy and place on it? because mine didnt came with a mesh with it which is weird

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #1,252 of 5,890
@Slater does the mesh really make a difference in terms of brightness? do I need it if I want the reduce the brightness?

He did state "Stainless mesh is transparent sound-wise" and I agree. Metal meshes have no audible effect unless it's a really closed screen which they are not. The one's on the Ostry are not a tight mesh either and have no real audible effect, at least for me they don't.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #1,253 of 5,890
btw I noticed that my iems dont have white mesh on it do you guys know if it effects the treble and the brightness?

if anyone knows some eq settings to adjust the brightness I would glady hear...

They all have a white Knowles damper. It's part of the BA tubing construction, so they didn't just forget yours. It's very deep inside the nozzle; you just may not be able to see it (unless you know what you're looking for).

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #1,254 of 5,890
oke guys I received the audiosense t800 today ... so quick impressions .. this iems are sounding full like really full ... microdetails are like crazy ... soundstage is superb ( its like listening next to expensive speakers ) but my main problem with this iems are the brightness I mean they go with every genry so no issues with piercing highs they go with every track aswell.. but this doesnt mean the track does sound right aswell.. if u put good mastered tracks they will show there potential at 100 percent.. which means u gonna listen to a full track with all the details in the music which is insane for me if I compare to my other iems.. they go with weak sources aswell the copper cable which came with it improved the soundstage and seperation for me ... but the brightness is really sometimes too much which i dislike... so I need to tune it with eq.. which I dont like either...

lows are good
mids are good too only with good mastered tracks or shall I say good music .. so compressed music is no go for this iem
highs are too bright for my tast with some tracks but not always is this the case.. its like its very picky with some tracks which I notice...
soundstage is very big and to add to this the microdetails.. you can hear everything in the track. its like listening a full track which is very nice... think of big expensive speakers in front of you... like really big...

seperation is really big

i still need time with this iems so yeah this was my impressions
Yes I agree with everything you mentioned.

I've order dampers, white, red, Brown and green.

I'm Hopefull one of them will work for me.

Aug 13, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #1,255 of 5,890
@Slaterdo I need it if I want the reduce the brightness?

I suggest you search through the thread. All of your questions are already answered.
Yes I agree with everything you mentioned.

I've order dampers, white, red, Brown and green.

I'm Hopefull one of them will work for me.

The Etymotic dampers work very well too. That's what I'm using at the moment. In fact, I liked them on the T800 so much, I'm also using them on the T180.

White (Qty 4 f/Amazon with tool): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009OWPE5Q
White (Qty 6 f/Etymotic without tool): https://www.etymotic.com/er38-50mc.html

Green (Qty 4 f/Amazon with tool): https://www.amazon.com/Etymotic-Research-ER38-46-Filters-Changing/dp/B009OWPDP2
Green (Qty 6 f/Etymotic without tool): https://www.etymotic.com/er38-50.html

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2019 at 8:00 PM Post #1,256 of 5,890
Ok I've been using the T800's for almost two weeks now and here are my feelings about them.

First off my primary source is the lg v30 Plus, I also have the Fiio q5 and the Es100 along with a mid 2012 MacBook Pro non retina.

And other iem's in my collection are bgvp dm6, fiio fa7, peacock audio p1's, fiio fh1, for your reference.

Ok so up untill about a week ago my personal favorite iem was my Peacock p1's because the Dynamic driver base and level of detail was great.

I had hoped the T800's would be a giant leap forward but it wasn't!
And then I finally worked out with some help from the good people in the thread, that my source needed some modifications and WOW.
I LOVE MY T800'S!!

Ok so first off my p1's Dynamic bass is amazing and I thought to my self, no BA could ever come close to that warm and fuzzy feeling I get when I'm listening to the P1.

The T800'S Bass is better and more controlled and crisp.
Now as for the detail well you know??!!!!? Wow

I have however noticed the highs can get fatiguing when I play them on my LG V 30 in HIM mode.
I currently have the white dampers/filters installed and copper cable. That helped abit but still not where I need to be, I have the brown, GREEN and red dampers in route to me knowing that one of them should solve my issue.
That fatigue is only an issue on the v30+.
It is not a problem on the q5 and the es100 and only a slightly on my Mac.

I have noticed on the q5 that the bass is border line ( almost to much)

I will let you all know how the dampers work for me when I get them.

PS I hope the honeymoon phase never ends!
Are you using copper cables ?

Aug 13, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #1,257 of 5,890
Regardless of whether you use any additional dampers or not, you may want to consider protecting the stock white damper with stainless nozzle mesh.

Why? Well, the stock nozzle is totally open, and the stock white damper can’t be replaced or accessed. Once it’s damaged or clogged, it’s game over for your $300 T800.

Stainless mesh is transparent sound-wise, and at a cost of a few pennies each it is very cheap insurance.

Another advantage is that if you use additional dampers, it prevents them from ever falling out (into your ear, losing them on the ground, etc).

The correct size is 3.7mm, but 4mm will work in a pinch if that’s all you have.

Another big thanks to you, Slater. Ordered multiple sizes. As has been said, “cheap as chips!” Although I strongly doubt upon insertion the screen in my nozzle will look even half as workmanlike as your picture!

Aug 13, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #1,258 of 5,890
Although I strongly doubt upon insertion the screen in my nozzle will look even half as workmanlike as your picture!

Nah, it's pretty hard to screw up.

The T800 nozzle has a flat ridge that allows the stainless mesh to seat perfectly.

You must use tweezers to put the stainless mesh in place though (or perhaps a sharp toothpick). What I recommend doing is setting it in place with the tweezers, but don't try adhering it down with the tweezers, as the stainless mesh is very fragile. To adhere (stick) the stainless mesh in place, I pop apart a ball point pen and use the flat (back) part of the ink cartridge to gently press the edges of the stainless mesh down so the adhesive sticks to the T800 nozzle. You could also use a small soda straw (like you get with coffee). You can also use the head of a nail. Anything that is flat. The key is NOT to press on the center of the stainless mesh, but rather around the edges. If you press in the center of the stainless mesh, the mesh will collapse and will be ruined.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #1,259 of 5,890
Are you using copper cables ?
Yes I am here is the picture
Screenshot_2019-08-13-17-38-20.png

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #1,260 of 5,890
I suggest you search through the thread. All of your questions are already answered.

The Etymotic dampers work very well too. That's what I'm using at the moment. In fact, I liked them on the T800 so much, I'm also using them on the T180.

White (Qty 4 f/Amazon with tool): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009OWPE5Q
White (Qty 6 f/Etymotic without tool): https://www.etymotic.com/er38-50mc.html

Green (Qty 4 f/Amazon with tool): https://www.amazon.com/Etymotic-Research-ER38-46-Filters-Changing/dp/B009OWPDP2
Green (Qty 6 f/Etymotic without tool): https://www.etymotic.com/er38-50.html
Those are the ones I've ordered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back