AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 13, 2019 at 2:26 AM Post #1,216 of 5,890
I don't think speakers would be a probelm you juat can't ship devices with battery like daps. For the US at least. My t800 reached the US pretty quickly but the horror of going fedex smart post from ny to sf bay took 2 weeks total.

If I am not wrong the problem with speakers and etc is due to the magnet. 2 weeks for local post suck! Am glad I got mine 3 days after shipping, weekends and holiday included!

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2019 at 3:30 AM Post #1,217 of 5,890
Mine arrives on Tuesday, excited to hear what properly tuned 8 Knowles BAs are capable of. :grinning:

I actually have a R1 Zenith (which I really like with some EQ) and have had an iSINE20, IE800, JVC FD01 and Massdrop Plus, we'll see how it stands against them.

Hey, I am really interested in your opinions about your Massdrop Plus and the t800! I would be really rather keen on an relatively in depth comparison, but I will take what I can get :wink:

Thanks,

Aug 13, 2019 at 4:13 AM Post #1,218 of 5,890
Hey, I am really interested in your opinions about your Massdrop Plus and the t800! I would be really rather keen on an relatively in depth comparison, but I will take what I can get :wink:

Thanks,

I sold my Massdrop Plus a few months ago, but I well remember their sound signature.

The T800s definitely have the edge in all technical aspects, such as extention to both ends, overall detail, imaging/separation, soundstage and transient response.

However, they both sound very different, being the MD+ a much more relaxed and intimate experience with a notorious mid-bass emphasis, forward mids and lower upper-treble presence (but retaining a nice sparkle), while the T800s are more in line with a bright-neutral signature, extending way better from sub-bass to upper-treble areas, giving the impression of more air moving between instruments (mids and mid-bass are a bit backwards in the mix as well, which helps to provide this feeling too).

Also, keep in mind that T800s would be spicy in treble compared with the MD+ depending of the tips used.

In the end, is on you depending of individual sonic preferences and generes listened, but the T800s are more technically proficient overall and almost equally well built and comfortable as the MD+, if not better.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2019 at 5:31 AM Post #1,219 of 5,890
I sold my Massdrop Plus a few months ago, but I well remember their sound signature.

The T800s definitely have the edge in all technical aspects, such as extention to both ends, overall detail, imaging/separation, soundstage and transient response.

However, they both sound very different, being the MD+ a much more relaxed and intimate experience with a notorious mid-bass emphasis, forward mids and lower upper-treble presence (but retaining a nice sparkle), while the T800s are more in line with a bright-neutral signature, extending way better from sub-bass to upper-treble areas, giving the impression of more air moving between instruments (mids and mid-bass are a bit backwards in the mix as well as, which helps to provide this feeling too).

Also, keep in mind that T800s would be spicy in treble compared with the MD+ depending of the tips used.

In the end, is on you depending of individual sonic preferences and generes listened, but the T800s are more technically proficient overall and almost equally well built and comfortable as the MD+, if not better.

Thanks for that! I'm basically looking for the next step up from the MDP, whilst keeping in the same price bracket, and it seems like the t800 will be the magic number. I am on the hunt for my price/performance ratio peak :wink: Now, I know phones are not the best source, but how is the t800 out of your phone? I have an s7 which has a (relatively) low OI, but it is no where near 0 ohms XD I also have a fiio Q1ii which is a little closer, but that might need upgrading if I get t800...

Aug 13, 2019 at 5:35 AM Post #1,220 of 5,890
How do these fare against SE846 or ASG-1Plus/Havi B3?

My hate for the SE846 stems from their unwillingness to carry the bass notes all the way until release/fade. They simply only want to kick hard and loud, followed by instant shut-up, without allowing that sweet, naturally slow bass fade-away. Too tightly-wound and highly-strung without release.

I have no doubts regarding BA's transient performance. They should do well for speedy double pedals, but are the T800s slow enough to do justice for say, "Bass I Love You" and Flo Rida's "Low"? TBH I don't like subbass that gets extremely loud the lower it goes, and overly compensated by having decay/release extremely short, or worse, no release at all (SE846). It affects the imaging and makes the sound very claustrophobic and fatiguing.

Imagine clapping once in a large reverberant room, only to listen back to them in an IEM that does not produce those echoes, only the clap.

Also, regarding hiss... I hope these aren't hiss monsters as well.

Aug 13, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #1,221 of 5,890
How do these fare against SE846 or ASG-1Plus/Havi B3?

My hate for the SE846 stems from their unwillingness to carry the bass notes all the way until release/fade. They simply only want to kick hard and loud, followed by instant shut-up, without allowing that sweet, naturally slow bass fade-away. Too tightly-wound and highly-strung without release.

I have no doubts regarding BA's transient performance. They should do well for speedy double pedals, but are the T800s slow enough to do justice for say, "Bass I Love You" and Flo Rida's "Low"? TBH I don't like subbass that gets extremely loud the lower it goes, and overly compensated by having decay/release extremely short, or worse, no release at all (SE846). It affects the imaging and makes the sound very claustrophobic and fatiguing.

Imagine clapping once in a large reverberant room, only to listen back to them in an IEM that does not produce those echoes, only the clap.

Also, regarding hiss... I hope these aren't hiss monsters as well.

Just listened to those 2 tracks. And they just made me like the T800 more. On Low, I can definitely hear the fade from the bass while the claps are fast with no fade. But I do not have a se846 to compare to. If I happen to drop by the local stereo shop I'll definitely help to do a comparison.

It's been so long since I hear low and the T800 are bringing me back to the clubs when I was still schooling. The decays are still fast with bass boost turned off on my nx4, but u can definitely still hear and feel the fade, with bass boost turned on. Bass quantity is increased quite a little and bleeds a little into the mid, but the fade / decay is really nice. Really reminds me of the club

Aug 13, 2019 at 6:09 AM Post #1,222 of 5,890
Thanks for that! I'm basically looking for the next step up from the MDP, whilst keeping in the same price bracket, and it seems like the t800 will be the magic number. I am on the hunt for my price/performance ratio peak :wink: Now, I know phones are not the best source, but how is the t800 out of your phone? I have an s7 which has a (relatively) low OI, but it is no where near 0 ohms XD I also have a fiio Q1ii which is a little closer, but that might need upgrading if I get t800...

I think you cannot be wrong with these if you want a very nice value proposition and keep following the multi-BA path.

Regarding to portable sources, I just have my iPhone XS Max with the Lightning adapter, but it distorts like a crazy (not because OI issues, but distortion at high voltages). On the other hand, my mom's Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 doesn’t exhibit this behavior, neither the iPad Air 2, so maybe your S7 and Q1ii would be enough...

With my Topping DX3 Pro, they absolutely shine.

Aug 13, 2019 at 6:11 AM Post #1,223 of 5,890
I think you cannot be wrong with these if you want a very nice value proposition and keep following the multi-BA path.

Regarding to portable sources, I just have my iPhone XS Max with the Lightning adapter, but it distorts like a crazy (not because OI issues, but distortion at high voltages). On the other hand, my mom's Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 doesn’t exhibit this behavior, neither the iPad Air 2, so maybe your S7 and Q1ii would be enough...

With my Topping DX3 Pro, they absolutely shine.

Do u happen to hear slight hum/hiss with the dx3 pro without music playing?

I m hearing it with both my c16 and t800 with the first version of the dx3 pro (1808)

Aug 13, 2019 at 6:17 AM Post #1,224 of 5,890
Do u happen to hear slight hum/hiss with the dx3 pro without music playing?

I m hearing it with both my c16 and t800 with the first version of the dx3 pro (1808)

Barely noticeable, but yes (in fact, my R1 Zeniths tends to show that in a little more audible way).

Strangely enough, the iPhone Lightning adapter has completely black background, but at the expend of very high distortion levels at moderate-high volumes.

Aug 13, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #1,225 of 5,890
Hi guys, newbie here and i do want to apologize in advance if i'm about to make a fool out of myself by asking a stupid question.
I tried googling for answers but i didn't really understood some of the replies that i saw online.
I received my T800s for about 2 weeks and have been happy with them while i'm figuring things out in the head fi scene.

Last night i was listening to Hans Zimmer 2049 and that noticed that there was a weird clicking noise on my left earpiece whenever the music played that heavy thump.
It was most audible in the first 1sec of the track and could be heard in later parts of the track as well whenever that thump was played.
I am using an Astell & Kern SR15 and was listening at volumes around 60-75.

Yesterday, what i observed was that at lower volumes below 65, there was no clicking sound at all.
The strange thing was that the minimum volume at which i can hear this clicking sound seem to be increasing because today, i could only start hearing the clicking sound when i played at volume 75 and above.

I would like to ask if there is something wrong with my T800 or am i playing stuff too loudly or if there's some technicalities that i have missed?

Aug 13, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #1,226 of 5,890
Hi guys, newbie here and i do want to apologize in advance if i'm about to make a fool out of myself by asking a stupid question.
I tried googling for answers but i didn't really understood some of the replies that i saw online.
I received my T800s for about 2 weeks and have been happy with them while i'm figuring things out in the head fi scene.

Last night i was listening to Hans Zimmer 2049 and that noticed that there was a weird clicking noise on my left earpiece whenever the music played that heavy thump.
It was most audible in the first 1sec of the track and could be heard in later parts of the track as well whenever that thump was played.

Yesterday, what i observed was that at lower volumes below 65, there was no clicking sound at all.
The strange thing was that the minimum volume at which i can hear this clicking sound seem to be increasing because today, i could only start hearing the clicking sound when i played at volume 75 and above.

I would like to ask if there is something wrong with my T800 or am i playing stuff too loudly or if there's some technicalities that i have missed?

Try playing it on another device. See if you have the same issue. If the same track having the same issue at the same play time, could be a recording issue.

Aug 13, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #1,227 of 5,890

Broken BA driver. RMA time.

Aug 13, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #1,228 of 5,890
are you listening on LG's normal mode? try to listening on high impedance mode, or AUX mode at least. Trick your G6/G7 with 3.5mm connector (connector go first to your phone, and your iem cable second -wont work if youre plugging connector together with your iem connected) or unplug your iems from its cable, plug the cable first without iems attached, than attach your iems that should trick LG device to go to AUX mode. or if you got impedance plug / or above 50ohm headphone, you can trick the LG device to high impedance mode. I don't have T800 but for my multi BAs iem they are works good. I just switched my phone to V40 and was disappointed at first because the audio quality wasn't up to my expectations so i learnt new things from here and other site.
Yeah normal mode, also tried aux mode. But I really do not think it is worth for someone with LG phones to buy the T800 because it isnt much better than other iems for 3 times less (for example TFZ no.3 or even KZ Zs10Pro are worthy) with Lg phones of course. I would recommend stepping up to the Hidizs Ap80 at least.

Aug 13, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #1,229 of 5,890
A secret (not really ) I found is that all BA IEMs sound crap on the LG's. Not sure why, closed off soundstage, pinched mids and peaky treble.

Aug 13, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #1,230 of 5,890
Try playing it on another device. See if you have the same issue. If the same track having the same issue at the same play time, could be a recording issue.
Just tried playing the same track from my iphone and i’m hearing the same clicking at the same parts of the track. Also another thing to note is that i hear an intermittent static on the left side when browsing through random Facebook videos at 50-60% volume as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back