AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 13, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #1,232 of 5,890
Yeah normal mode, also tried aux mode. But I really do not think it is worth for someone with LG phones to buy the T800 because it isnt much better than other iems for 3 times less (for example TFZ no.3 or even KZ Zs10Pro are worthy) with Lg phones of course. I would recommend stepping up to the Hidizs Ap80 at least.

A secret (not really ) I found is that all BA IEMs sound crap on the LG's. Not sure why, closed off soundstage, pinched mids and peaky treble.

and I have a secret too that i just found, if you using LG's EQ they will sound s*cks with any iem/headphone because like they have limitation and not extends well to process with their EQ. but if you put into "normal" on EQ section aka Flat but not custom flat, just select "normal" they will sounds tighter, higher dynamic and impact, and more clear. seems like they bypass everything straight to the DAC. its weird i know but I tested it.. so many times. and listen with High impedance mode. I was trying to proof that i was wrong, but they are really sounds different. Just try it, cost you zero bucks. my 2 cents buddies. sorry for a little OOT.
Im still camping for audiosense hybrid here.

Aug 13, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #1,233 of 5,890
Regardless of whether you use any additional dampers or not, you may want to consider protecting the stock white damper with stainless nozzle mesh.

Why? Well, the stock nozzle is totally open, and the stock white damper can’t be replaced or accessed. Once it’s damaged or clogged, it’s game over for your $300 T800.

Stainless mesh is transparent sound-wise, and at a cost of a few pennies each it is very cheap insurance.

Another advantage is that if you use additional dampers, it prevents them from ever falling out (into your ear, losing them on the ground, etc).

The correct size is 3.7mm.

6B283BB7-65D7-449E-8C00-3FBB23583AA8.jpeg
54202F06-2F8B-47E9-9958-FB06970776EA.jpeg

Attachments

• 181DA686-85E5-4EC5-B8DB-D58759C477FB.jpeg
    181DA686-85E5-4EC5-B8DB-D58759C477FB.jpeg
    487 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 13, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #1,234 of 5,890
Regardless of whether you use any additional dampers or not, you may want to consider protecting the stock white damper with stainless nozzle mesh.

Why? Well, the stock nozzle is totally open, and the stock white damper can’t be replaced or accessed. Once it’s damaged or clogged, it’s game over for your $300 T800.

Stainless mesh is transparent sound-wise, and at roughly $0.10 each it is very cheap insurance.

Another advantage is that if you use additional dampers, it prevents them from ever falling out (into your ear, losing them on the ground, etc).

The correct size is 3.7mm, but 4mm will fit as well.

Where to get them

Aug 13, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #1,235 of 5,890

Stainless mesh is transparent sound-wise, and at roughly $0.10 each it is very cheap insurance.

The correct size is 3.7mm, but 4mm will fit as well.

Any links to where to get them?

Aug 13, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #1,236 of 5,890
Where to get them

Any links to where to get them?

If you search Aliexpress for “earphone dust network”, you will see many sellers.

76602464-8A58-482C-AFAB-7C6AC6A4CF77.png

I use them all of the time.

They have a reusable adhesive ring around the outside. To install them, simply peel and stick like a sticker (using tweezers). To remove them from an earphone, I gently pry them up by lifting the edge using a sewing needle.

They can be installed and removed many times (assuming you don’t destroy them when removing). After removing them, they can be stored on their original plastic (or even a small piece of wax paper used for baking).

Since different earphones use different sizes of the nozzle mesh, I recommend asking the seller to give you a few of each size. For example, if they are sold in a lot of 40 or 50pcs (20-25 pairs), then get 4-5 pairs of each available size. Then you’ll have enough to replace the screens on any earphone you own.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #1,237 of 5,890
If you search Aliexpress for “earphone dust network”, you will see many sellers.

They have a reusable adhesive ring around the outside. To install them, simply peel and stick like a sticker (using tweezers). To remove them from an earphone, I gently pry them up by lifting the edge using a sewing needle.

They can be installed and removed many times (assuming you don’t destroy them when removing). After removing them, they can be stored on their original plastic (or even a small piece of wax paper used for baking).

Since different earphones use different sizes of the nozzle mesh, I recommend asking the seller to give you a few of each size. For example, if they are sold in a lot of 40 or 50pcs (20-25 pairs), then get 4-5 pairs of each available size. Then you’ll have enough to replace the screens on any earphone you own.

Just ordered 40 of them. Requesting for 10 of each size. Major thanks!

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #1,238 of 5,890

Did somthing change on the sound ?

Aug 13, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #1,239 of 5,890
Did somthing change on the sound ?

No. I mentioned in my post the mesh is transparent as far as sound. No difference.

95% of earphones use them.

I will say that if you don’t use the mesh and your stock damper gets clogged, you will have a significant degradation in sound. And then you’ll be screwed, because it is irreversible.

Aug 13, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #1,241 of 5,890
A secret (not really ) I found is that all BA IEMs sound crap on the LG's. Not sure why, closed off soundstage, pinched mids and peaky treble.
That sounds like you haven't deactivated the EQ setting the LG phones come with as standard for some ungodly reason. Turn that off and you should be back to normal.

Aug 13, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #1,242 of 5,890
Ok I've been using the T800's for almost two weeks now and here are my feelings about them.

First off my primary source is the lg v30 Plus, I also have the Fiio q5 and the Es100 along with a mid 2012 MacBook Pro non retina.

And other iem's in my collection are bgvp dm6, fiio fa7, peacock audio p1's, fiio fh1, for your reference.

Ok so up untill about a week ago my personal favorite iem was my Peacock p1's because the Dynamic driver base and level of detail was great.

I had hoped the T800's would be a giant leap forward but it wasn't!
And then I finally worked out with some help from the good people in the thread, that my source needed some modifications and WOW.
I LOVE MY T800'S!!

Ok so first off my p1's Dynamic bass is amazing and I thought to my self, no BA could ever come close to that warm and fuzzy feeling I get when I'm listening to the P1.

The T800'S Bass is better and more controlled and crisp.
Now as for the detail well you know??!!!!? Wow

I have however noticed the highs can get fatiguing when I play them on my LG V 30 in HIM mode.
I currently have the white dampers/filters installed and copper cable. That helped abit but still not where I need to be, I have the brown, GREEN and red dampers in route to me knowing that one of them should solve my issue.
That fatigue is only an issue on the v30+.
It is not a problem on the q5 and the es100 and only a slightly on my Mac.

I have noticed on the q5 that the bass is border line ( almost to much)

I will let you all know how the dampers work for me when I get them.

PS I hope the honeymoon phase never ends!

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #1,243 of 5,890
Wish the screens were fabric like HifiMan uses on their RE series instead of metal. Just easier to handle and would not let any foreign material get through as they are not an open mesh, but this is a good alternative.

Each owner is free to use whatever nozzle screen they wish.

However, in my experience, fabric screens affect the sound signature. Many earphone manufacturers use fabric screens specifically for tuning purposes. I have FR graphs to prove this as well.

This is why I used stainless mesh on my T800. I wanted no affect on the sound tuning.

Aug 13, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #1,244 of 5,890
There are other options for people who don't wish to mess with directly adding, removing filters. Additional benefit is free tips, treble adjustment for those who maybe treble sensitive, and easy to remove/add on. No need to play with the internal bore or remove anything internal on the T800.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ostry+filters&ref=nb_sb_noss

You can tune however you like via 3 different ways. Blues have almost no effect but have a metal mesh, while the red reduce treble a bit and the black cut a lot of the treble out being fabric. Note, these have a narrow bore filter inside the tips and are removable.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #1,245 of 5,890
There are other options for people who don't wish to mess with directly adding, removing filters. Additional benefit is free tips, treble adjustment for those who maybe treble sensitive, and easy to remove/add on.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ostry+filters&ref=nb_sb_noss

You can tune however you like via 3 different ways. Blues have almost no effect but have a metal mesh, while the red reduce treble a bit and the black cut a lot of the treble out being fabric. Note, these have a narrow bore filter inside the tips and are removable.
Deleted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back