AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 3, 2019 at 6:24 AM Post #166 of 5,890
Stumbled upon this russian review of the T800, so just google translating and sharing it here. Looks to be very promising so far, mine will be arriving tomorrow.

source: http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=231022

Next on sound. Probably it would be worth writing about it a lot more than about appearance and features, but these fantastic fictions about the uterine depths, wind instruments and plucked instruments, etc., leave for the guys from Youtube)))

Low frequencies are very textured, they have a mass, they are more likely to look like a speaker with an above average speed, but without exaggeration, they don't smell like bassheads at all. Bass does not give a single hint of crawling on top of the other frequencies. The attacks are great, but the attenuation is no longer in the style of the armature. No, they are still fast, but for the sake of sabbas, because of which low-frequency drivers are ventilated, they are not as fast as I used to hear them in some dry technical fixture.
The mids are very detailed. They have a very small dip in the lower middle, which gives their sound more naturalness, this range goes into the ear very linearly and gently, as from the shelf acoustics, without overloading and tediousness, as happens with headphones with linear frequency response. On the contrary, the upper middle is slightly underlined (you can not be afraid of graphics), drums and vocals are presented closer than the rest of the scene, which I like very much in these headphones. Mids full, emotional and natural.
High frequencies, like the rest of the spectrum, are also distinguished by their naturalness, attacks and attenuations of normal length (well, not the andromeda of course, but about it later ...), the separation is excellent, t800 play very far beyond 10khz, therefore those who are afraid of sharp sparkling but at the same time pure high frequencies, without a single hint of sibilance, the model can be bypassed by.

The scene at the headphones is above average in width and medium in depth, but you do not forget that the scene in the IEM belongs to psychoacoustics, and each one is built individually, and even a different ear canal form in different people can greatly affect its performance with its reflections as the sound in general.
In general, the headphones play, in detail, emotionally, I would even say somewhere fanova. These are not studio, technical monitors for three kopecks (for example, fiio fa1, a bomb is simple), these are detailed, driving and emotional headphones, with a large-scale and wide sound, which is usually found more often in dynamic performance.

Comparisons
I went for the sake of it in HH, thanks to them for the opportunity to compare the t800 on the "normal" by the standards of people who gave me advice from the source (dx150), with a pair of pre-top / top headphones, from popular companies)))) I listened carefully, long, not 5 minutes, 10-20 times on the same records, reshaping them in turn, with each pair separately.

Campfire Audio Andromeda S vs. Audiosense t800
Honestly, Andromeda didn’t understand at all, the sound is already, the scene is not clear where and how it was built in comparison with the natural T800 scene, the upper middle is dry, the lower one is opposite with overload, I could select only good control on the bass and very long high frequencies, but at the same time not at all natural. Of course now many can say that the dx150 andromeda is not a source, and a regular cable is crap, nooo ..., but a regular cable is crap from headphones at the price of $ 1500, sorry what? for the money you need to take care of the cable? funny ... although I think that the cable would not save them much, a very unnatural and incomprehensible feed from the andromeda, in short, to an amateur)
andromeda.jpg

iBasso iT04 vs. Audiosense t800
it04 builds a scene already than t800, but at the same time it is deeper, the middle is in my opinion not as legible as that of the T800, but if it didn’t seem to me, the bass, despite the fact that it is a speaker, is even a little more outlined and controllable, perhaps, in comparison with t800. High frequencies - parity. At 04 hf, it’s just a micron more legible, but they have some kind of incomprehensible whistle that doesn’t give them naturalness, which is present in the T800. It04 is not bad ears, the choice between them is of course taste, but when we remember that t800 are almost 2 times cheaper, and in my opinion the most important aspects of t800 are better than ibasso, the choice is obvious ...
aibasso.jpg

Sony IER-M7 vs. Audiosense t800
Well, here of course, not everything is so easy and successful for the T800. In Sony, the feed is similar, in terms of sound, in the middle, in terms of mass, in comfort, but in Sony, it is even more comfortable, the scene is similar in width and depth, but my brain hears these headphones outside my head, just a hand away ( moondrop crescent), while I hear the T800 somewhere near the forehead). If in the middle they have about parity, the only thing is that in the t800 the upper one is just a little brighter, and the vocals still sings louder, then high frequencies here put all the headphones on the blades that I heard before. Sony's high frequencies, very natural, natural and legible, I cannot say that they have such a difference with t800, that they are worth what to pay for sony 2.5 times more than for t800, but I could not keep silent about it. ..
sony.jpg

There were also shure 535 and Fiio fa7, but they didn’t even take a picture, it's just a cesspool. The 535 sounds like a toilet, it’s not even a monitor, it’s a screen, and Fa07 is a bass head with a complete lack of high frequencies.

Conclusion.
I think the conclusion for myself, I definitely did that the guys from China could afford to roll out a wonderful sound that could compete with the tops of famous companies that cost $ 1500, while the sound of $ 200 in them, and I would give them only extended frequencies in andromeda ...
Are their $ 300 T800 worth? Yes, they are!
Are the T800s worth more? Yes, judging by the comparisons, they are definitely worth more. Of course, they are not 5 times as expensive as Andromeda, but those questions are already for Campfire Audio, why in headphones for $ 1500, sound for a maximum of $ 200 ...
I think for the T800 the company could safely take and $ 400-500, and now in this range, apparently, there is something to get around and go out on a par, based on taste preferences.
Do not forget that this is all my personal opinion, and it may completely differ from yours.
Kst anyone will be interested to get acquainted, I can talk with a representative of the company AudioSense and beat us a discount for the forum, so to speak for friends from Russia and CIS countries
Thank you all for your attention)

Jul 3, 2019 at 7:58 AM Post #168 of 5,890
Jul 3, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #170 of 5,890
Sony IER-M7 vs. Audiosense t800
Well, here of course, not everything is so easy and successful for the T800. In Sony, the feed is similar, in terms of sound, in the middle, in terms of mass, in comfort, but in Sony, it is even more comfortable, the scene is similar in width and depth, but my brain hears these headphones outside my head, just a hand away ( moondrop crescent), while I hear the T800 somewhere near the forehead). If in the middle they have about parity, the only thing is that in the t800 the upper one is just a little brighter, and the vocals still sings louder, then high frequencies here put all the headphones on the blades that I heard before. Sony's high frequencies, very natural, natural and legible, I cannot say that they have such a difference with t800, that they are worth what to pay for sony 2.5 times more than for t800, but I could not keep silent about it. ..
sony.jpg

I was in confusion to take this T800, or Sony M7. after received my M7 i feel like reaching end game. I can't believe that already good KPE and TFZ no 3 like that, still beat by this sony IER M7 by much. almost in every aspect. The Sony M7 bass is really better than Andromeda bass, sounds naturally like DD bass not like BA bass, goes very deep end, with great texture, perfect decay, mid bass just nice ( i got sony EX1000 in comparison), clear mids and very musical and very very details. With very good soundstage and extraordinary imaging that i never experienced before. If word perfect sounded too biased (but really i want to say perfect - for the price of course because there are M9 and other high end stuff that i believe better and matured), i will say almost perfect, they need a bit juice. On smartphone you have to go until 90% or max.
But i still curious about this T800.. how good is this. This review really helps me, I can rest assure now.

But maybe if you dont have budget to spend with M7, you can put this T800 for consideration. I still believe they are good. I don't intend to buy them right now but i still want to hear them myself. hopefully I got chance someday.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2019 at 8:25 AM Post #171 of 5,890
@DynamicEars everyone is happy with this iem and still many of us still need to get them ... I can only compare when I have it but I dont have any iems at that price range.. the audiosense t800 gonna be my first.. due the reviews and people who bought this iem and said they are on par with some 1k iems got me interested in them ... ofc I take it with grain of salt but everyone gives good feedback till now.. so yeah your choice if you will get them or not.. btw I normally dont buy iems at this price range.. I think they have high value.. Sony IER-M7 is out of my price range.. ofc they sound good for that price lol

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #172 of 5,890
@DynamicEars everyone is happy with this iem and still many of us still need to get them ... I can only compare when I have it but I dont have any iems at that price range.. the audiosense t800 gonna be my first.. due the reviews and people who bought this iem and said they are on par with some 1k iems got me interested in them ... ofc I take it with grain of salt but everyone gives good feedback till now.. so yeah your choice if you will get them or not.. btw I normally dont buy iems at this price range.. I think they have high value.. Sony IER-M7 is out of my price range.. ofc they sound good for that price lol

No problem at all, I also very hesitate to buy M7 at that price, that's why i really considering a lot to this T800 but i have to pay tax for this, and only way to get them is from aliexpress. Meanwhile the sony M7 i got discounted price, many great reviews, and i can buy locally, that was the consideration also. In fact i also stretching up my budget, I was blinded, but I'm happy with the purchase.
I still think and believe this T800 is very good and hold great value. I like great value iems like TFZ no 3 for example. Hopefully you're very happy with yours. You will upgrade someday, you cant stop. believe me. But for this time around, enjoy your T800. Love to hear your impressions later. Cheers

Jul 3, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #173 of 5,890
Good to see another positive review even if its roughly translated it gets the points across. Dhl says mine will be here next tuesday, can't wait

Jul 3, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #174 of 5,890
Also one thing to take into consideration ,is if some of you don't like the way T800 sounds,
It is somewhat tunable by changing the Knowles damper that sits inside the tube.
I have a couple of different dampers on order,and i think i will get em next week.
So if there is any interest,i can post frequency graphs of the effect the dampers do to the tuning

Jul 3, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #175 of 5,890
Also one thing to take into consideration ,is if some of you don't like the way T800 sounds,
It is somewhat tunable by changing the Knowles damper that sits inside the tube.
I have a couple of different dampers on order,and i think i will get em next week.
So if there is any interest,i can post frequency graphs of the effect the dampers do to the tuning
please do, i have some dampers from my Etymotic ER4S, unused

Jul 3, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #178 of 5,890
the damper inside of T800 is white or grey, is weaker than the other colors, i have green and red i think, but how to change them, can i use the tool that is coming with the ER4S?
Etymotic Research ER4SR - damper.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back