AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 4, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #991 of 5,890
just a beginner here....
bought this month the CCA-C10, Kz ZS10 pro, TFZ No.3 and the AUDIOSENSE T800(not arrived yet).
sound like a beginning of a new hobby :)
for now i hear all the music from my spotify and flac tracks from my ONEPLUS 6T with sonata hd.
should i buy a fiio m6 or something else to enjoy the IEM better?
regards,
Uri
I know you're question is over a month old by now.
Any how don't get the m6 get an lg phone I've got the lg v30 it was under $300 it has a built in quad dac and the UI is amazing.
The v40, v35 and the g8-7 all have it.

Aug 4, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #998 of 5,890
I'll try to keep calm here, but let me warn you guys, the HYPE is very intense with me right now!! :)

I received both types (Plastic & Metal) Knowles filters earlier today.

I was very intrigued by @FastAndClean's report that he tried the "Plastic Etymotic Knowles filters"
and that he mentioned the Sound-Stage improving quite a bit with them...

He used the "Green Filters", but I didn't really want to filter out anything from the high treble regions (only the mid treble) so I opted for the Etymotic -WHITE- Knowles filter kit available here from Amazon (USA): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009OWPE5Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I can't speak for the metal filters yet because the plastic ones have made my T800 sound so amazing that I no longer care about trying anything else.

All my EQ concerns seem to be corrected now.
The 2k-4k regions are just right for me.
I'm sure my Comply Audio Pro tips and 16 Core Balanced Copper cable helped with this as well..
I now only use tiny amounts of EQ per genre or on the occasional thin/bright recordings.

But the really cool effect the filters had is I now get as much height (but more width) in the sound stage that I get on the Toneking T4.
I'm getting sounds above my head and even on my upper forehead regions.
I no longer feel like my back is facing the stage..
It feels like the music floating all around the top and sides of my head now....
Absolutely amazing!

I think that it may be because the plastic filters have the filter screen in the middle of the tiny tube (rather then on the end like the metal ones) so maybe it causes some weird reflective chamber between the factory added filters and the plastic Etymotic Knowles filters?
Who knows....
All I know, is the white plastic filters caused the stage to expand.
{I'll eventually try the metal ones and report back here}

Someone should contact Audiosense and let them know that they should offer the T800 with either Brown, Green, White, or Gray pre-installed options.
Because they are extremely small so you'll need a sturdy hand and 3x magnifying glasses to put them in.
Brown would be the most treble cut for anyone who is really sensitive to these, where as Gray would be a really mild mid treble cut.
The best part though is the sound stage improvements!

For me this little (easily removable) modification was a HUGE improvement!

I really shouldn't be speaking while I'm feeling so smitten over these little T800 ear goddesses!
But I really do know pretty instantly what I want in regards to sound.
I've been a very serious multi instrumentalist musician for decades, so I've had lots of training at this.
Music related jobs have been pretty much my only work most of my life
I understand frequencies, spacial placement, compression/dynamics, micro detail, etc.
I work/play with sound almost daily...

So, when I get enamored by a tone, I usually stick with it for good, or until something better comes along.

So with all that said:
I feel very confident saying I absolutely LOVE my T800 now!!!!

"Endgame IEMs??"
I hope so....
But probably not, because I really love this hobby, so this is probably just the upper middle of a very expensive future for me. lol!

Okay folks, now it's for a "Hype Train Disclaimer":
(PLEASE read this carefully)
Just reading through this entire thread it's -very clear- that we all have slight to extreme differences in our ears.
NO ONE IS WRONG Here.
Okay??

For me:
I prefer a very studio reference signature with some sub bass boost.
My rig consists on a Sabaj Da3 (for critical listening) and an LG V20 and my old Ibasso DX80 for portable.
NICEHCK 16 core BALANCED Cable.
Comply AudioPro with Wax Guard tips.
My most used daily beater is the TinAudio T2 (EQ'd for added bass)
And I also love my ToneKing T4 (also EQ'd for added bass) and Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro.
I also own the LZ A4s and I think they are okay, but I place them (signature wise) below everything above (even below the FR signature of my Tin T2s)
I'm really not that thrilled with most of my dozen or so other ChiFi earphones (mostly KZ).

I love, progressive rock,Classic rock, Progressive Metal, Prog Djent, and most skilled guitar related music, Classical, EDM, Jazz/Fusion, but I am also very interested in listening to music just for the sake of deeply examining micro details, soundstage, mixing techniques, spacial placement, etc etc.
Typical wannabe Audiophile type stuff..

The Audiosense T800 is a $300+ expense (with additional cables, filters, tips etc.)

So with that said: your results could vary GREATLY from mine..
So please do not get over hyped by my words above unless you feel you might really relate to the same basic things as me.

I spoke to Cindy Wu from Audiosense Aliexpress store and updated her about your suggestion about providing preinstalled dampers/filters on their T800.
1) She says they have considered this based on advise from other consumers too, and they will be coming up with a T800 Pro IEM over the next few months, which comes with preinstalled knowles filters at the nozzle. With regards to which filters, I personally have not used the filter/damper mod, so maybe you guys who have the damper mod on can suggest to them which colour filter is suitable? Apparently the T800 Pro is still in early works so nothing firm yet.
2) Their hybrid IEM 2BA + 1DD is in the works and aiming to be released in 2 months time.

Aug 4, 2019 at 11:49 PM Post #999 of 5,890
I think i need to damp it too my ears hurt from listening

Aug 5, 2019 at 12:14 AM Post #1,000 of 5,890
I spoke to Cindy Wu from Audiosense Aliexpress store and updated her about your suggestion about providing preinstalled dampers/filters on their T800.
1) She says they have considered this based on advise from other consumers too, and they will be coming up with a T800 Pro IEM over the next few months, which comes with preinstalled knowles filters at the nozzle. With regards to which filters, I personally have not used the filter/damper mod, so maybe you guys who have the damper mod on can suggest to them which colour filter is suitable? Apparently the T800 Pro is still in early works so nothing firm yet.
2) Their hybrid IEM 2BA + 1DD is in the works and aiming to be released in 2 months time.

T800 Pro will include wallet dampers to reduce bank account sibilance.

Aug 5, 2019 at 12:47 AM Post #1,001 of 5,890
T800 Pro will include wallet dampers to reduce bank account sibilance.

Hi I noticed you have DM6 and T800 in your IEM inventory, how do they compare?

Aug 5, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #1,002 of 5,890
Just got my T800 and I opened the package and a GIANT ****ING INSECT came out...

Aug 5, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #1,003 of 5,890
Just got my T800 and I opened the package and a GIANT ****ING INSECT came out...
Thats the holy prayin mantis of chi fi, you are blessed

Aug 5, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #1,004 of 5,890
Aug 5, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #1,005 of 5,890
Hi I noticed you have DM6 and T800 in your IEM inventory, how do they compare?

That's a really good question. I'm one of those who is put off by BGVP's recent QC issues, but got a good DM6 back in the ancient days of their popularity way back in, oh, February. If I'm being honest, I don't hear a ton of difference between the very nice T800 and DM6. Both provide more details than most people can discern, maybe the T800 has a bit more bass. But for on-stage, they're somewhat bulky (but not the fit problem of the original ZS10 behemoths) and my go-to for that is the DM6, which are inconspicuous and have good isolation (as do the T800s). None of this is a slam on the T800, which I'm growing to love more and more with brain burn-in. However, if I only had $225 to spend, you can't do much better than the DM6, which for me is on-stage endgame. For just music enjoyment, I want the T800s to be my daily drivers at work, and I was teetering on the fence about returning the T800s last week -- not because they're bad but because I'm thinking I could put the three bills towards the Fiio FH7 which I'm very curious about -- but then had a very good experience when I hooked the T800s up to my m11, so the jury is still out but leaning towards them to stay. Ask me in a month and they may be my favorite ever for music enjoyment, but I'm not there right now. I hope this is even a tiny bit helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back