AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 6, 2023 at 6:57 PM Post #5,836 of 5,890
definitely, i tried it with es9038q2m. so it's a warm source, i have treble sensitivity. It's really hard for me, I'm looking for a solution. I don't have much desire to listen, what source do you have? It's one of the best soundstages I've ever heard, so I don't want to take it out of my collection.

Foam eartips will give a big cut to treble and give better isolation. Also an option for anything prone to bad driver flex. The TENNMAK ones are good and last longer than most.:L3000:

Jul 6, 2023 at 7:06 PM Post #5,837 of 5,890
Foam eartips will give a big cut to treble and give better isolation. Also an option for anything prone to bad driver flex. The TENNMAK ones are good and last longer than most.:L3000:
audiosense, whizzer i tried a few foam tips. i guess it blended well with the whizzer. thanks! even though some details kill some details, the foam tip works.

Jul 6, 2023 at 7:17 PM Post #5,838 of 5,890
definitely, i tried it with es9038q2m. so it's a warm source, i have treble sensitivity. It's really hard for me, I'm looking for a solution. I don't have much desire to listen, what source do you have? It's one of the best soundstages I've ever heard, so I don't want to take it out of my collection.
I have a few DAPs that I use in a rotation, but most times I use either the iBasso DX300 (with Amp11.2, 12 and 13 nutube card) or the iBasso DX160. Besides the Amp13 Nutube amp card, the Shanling M0 is the warmest source I have.

Jul 6, 2023 at 7:20 PM Post #5,839 of 5,890
I have a few DAPs that I use in a rotation, but most times I use either the iBasso DX300 (with Amp11.2, 12 and 13 nutube card) or the iBasso DX160. Besides the Amp13 Nutube amp card, the Shanling M0 is the warmest source I have.
when I tried my dt 300 with a bad source it sounded like a $20 model, when I switched to a good source the treble was very detailed. i guess it's a problem with audiosense products, it's a little different from other brands.

Jul 7, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #5,840 of 5,890
I have the DT300 and T800. Bought and sold DT600. It’s been well document these all respond very favorably to an impedance adapter. I have tried adapters from Faaeal, Venture Electronics, JCally (terrible) and now Dunu adapters. I just wanted to share that the Dunu 30 ohm adapter adds a slight bit more warmth to the sound than the others which for me puts it right in the sweet spot while using the Final E tips

Jul 7, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #5,841 of 5,890
I have the DT300 and T800. Bought and sold DT600. It’s been well document these all respond very favorably to an impedance adapter. I have tried adapters from Faaeal, Venture Electronics, JCally (terrible) and now Dunu adapters. I just wanted to share that the Dunu 30 ohm adapter adds a slight bit more warmth to the sound than the others which for me puts it right in the sweet spot while using the Final E tips
do you have a comparison between the dt 300 and the t 800? I tried t 800 with several sources but they came out worse than dt 300. t 800 is much better in subjects such as sound stage, but there is no more than dt 300 for me. I didn't try with a new source, if I had paid $435 I would seriously question myself.

And which portable source are you using?

Jul 7, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #5,842 of 5,890
do you have a comparison between the dt 300 and the t 800? I tried t 800 with several sources but they came out worse than dt 300. t 800 is much better in subjects such as sound stage, but there is no more than dt 300 for me. I didn't try with a new source, if I had paid $435 I would seriously question myself.

And which portable source are you using?
I’m using the BTR7 stacked with the Topping NX7 and with the Dunu impedance adapter with Final E tips and NiceHCK Super Blue cable I think it sounds fantastic. The sparkle is still there for sure but no longer gets sibilant. It’s definitely still brighter than the DT300 but when I want something super relaxed I go to Juzear 41t or DT300

Jul 7, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #5,843 of 5,890
Yours T800 still alive ? How compares with 2023 iems? On shanling h7 still amazing

Attachments

• CFC22F27-EF3A-44BA-B219-6ADDFFE934EB.jpeg
    CFC22F27-EF3A-44BA-B219-6ADDFFE934EB.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Jul 8, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #5,845 of 5,890
This was the reason I asked the OP if they were talking about Knowles filters, or an impedance filter/adapter. If it was an impedance adapter, I think that the Ohms are WAY too high for these, and they would probably not sound good at all through it.... :)
Yours T800 still alive ? How compares with 2023 iems? On shanling h7 still amazing
These are still in my weekly rotation; I like them that much. I even still recommend them, even though they have been discontinued. :) As for comparing them to 2023 tech, I think that AS was ahead of their time where these were concerned (IMHO). I think they compare favorably to some of the new stuff coming out, though admittedly I have not tried a whole lot of all BA sets to compare. I think that all BA sets died down for a time, and now I think they are trending again, with the likes of DUNU and Aur Audio (among others) that are coming out with some wonderful sets.

Jul 8, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #5,846 of 5,890
This was the reason I asked the OP if they were talking about Knowles filters, or an impedance filter/adapter. If it was an impedance adapter, I think that the Ohms are WAY too high for these, and they would probably not sound good at all through it.... :)
I've tried my T800 with a 30 ohm impedance adapter and yeah it sounds like crap. It becomes really sibilant with no midbass.
These are still in my weekly rotation; I like them that much. I even still recommend them, even though they have been discontinued. :) As for comparing them to 2023 tech, I think that AS was ahead of their time where these were concerned (IMHO). I think they compare favorably to some of the new stuff coming out, though admittedly I have not tried a whole lot of all BA sets to compare. I think that all BA sets died down for a time, and now I think they are trending again, with the likes of DUNU and Aur Audio (among others) that are coming out with some wonderful sets.
Mine are my daily drivers. I also have the Aful Performer 8 and Soundrhyme SR7 in my possession at the moment, and while they are a bit better than the T800, it's very very close. They mainly beat it in timbre (BA timbre is real with the T800), but it mostly keeps up in technical aspects. The P8 specifically is maybe a bit better with microdetail than the T800.

Jul 8, 2023 at 5:22 PM Post #5,847 of 5,890
I've tried my T800 with a 30 ohm impedance adapter and yeah it sounds like crap. It becomes really sibilant with no midbass.

Mine are my daily drivers. I also have the Aful Performer 8 and Soundrhyme SR7 in my possession at the moment, and while they are a bit better than the T800, it's very very close. They mainly beat it in timbre (BA timbre is real with the T800), but it mostly keeps up in technical aspects. The P8 specifically is maybe a bit better with microdetail than the T800.
The T800 is the only all BA set I own, but I have some hybrids, and I don't know if I would say better or not. I like having many different signatures to match my mood, hearing levels, etc... and I can say that they still get my attention when listening to them. The only set that I have that are just leagues better in all regards (although also having one DD) is the iBasso IT-07, which is 6 BA + 1 DD. There is no "BA timbre" with these at all. I also have the DUNU DK2001 and while they might be a bit more "fun" sounding (probably also because of the 1 DD) the T800 are still better for my ears in most cases.

Most of my other sets are either DD, dual DD, planar, planar + piezo, etc...

Jul 8, 2023 at 5:22 PM Post #5,848 of 5,890

Wow you think it sounds like crap WITH the impedance adapters? That is why it’s amazing this hobby and different ears. I find them dull and boring with out impedance adapter. I do agree they can get a bit spicy up top but without the adapter I don’t get good treble. Hey, to each their own. Try some Final E tips as they tame some of the sibilance but leave some sparkle

Jul 8, 2023 at 6:04 PM Post #5,849 of 5,890
Wow you think it sounds like crap WITH the impedance adapters? That is why it’s amazing this hobby and different ears. I find them dull and boring with out impedance adapter. I do agree they can get a bit spicy up top but without the adapter I don’t get good treble. Hey, to each their own. Try some Final E tips as they tame some of the sibilance but leave some sparkle
Personally, I find that using a pure silver cable sounds best for me. The only problem area for me with this setup is the upper mids (2k-4k region). I like the sparkly, airy treble that they have though.

Jul 9, 2023 at 5:57 AM Post #5,850 of 5,890
Personally, I find that using a pure silver cable sounds best for me. The only problem area for me with this setup is the upper mids (2k-4k region). I like the sparkly, airy treble that they have though.
The T800 has a peak around 3700 Hz. That's probably what you're hearing. I personally use EQ to get rid of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back