AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 19, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #5,251 of 5,890
I also prefer just armature headphones better because of the great treble, so I think Audiosense will think about a new model :)

Apr 19, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #5,252 of 5,890
I also prefer just like armature headphones better because of the great treble, so I think Audiosense will think about a new model :)
They are working on the DT300 and the DT600. The DT300 should be out next month.

Apr 19, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #5,253 of 5,890
Your source is the Fiio M11 right?

Its actually worse on balanced with the M11 + T800 combo. Since the balanced output has 2 OI instead of 1 OI in SE.
(I had the M11 before, so I know this first hand.)
Thanks for the info. But I am very illiterate when it comes to audiophile terms. Do you mind elaborating on those terms such as OI, SE? I understand physics/audio engineering/electronics terms better.

Apr 19, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #5,254 of 5,890
Thanks for the info. But I am very illiterate when it comes to audiophile terms. Do you mind elaborating on those terms such as OI, SE? I understand physics/audio engineering/electronics terms better.
Se = single ended connection. Aka, non balanced.

OI = output impedance, the impedance/resistance of the amp itself.

With ba iems, and especially a sensitive one like the T800, small changes in resistance ( OI + cable resistance) are very likely to cause changes to the FR (frequency response).
For example here is a graph on 2 different resistances with the Campfire Andromeda:
1618857602293.png

Source: https://www.audiodiscourse.com/2019/06/campfire-andromeda-mini-review.html

Usually you would want as low total resistance as possible. But with BA iems, it can be a bit more tricky since you dont know what the total resistance that the tuner had when they tuned the iem. So if they had a high total resistance, but you yourself uses sources and cables with low resistance, the FR changes might change it for better/worse.

An example that I have experienced is with the Tansio Mirai TSMR 4-pro, it was very likely tuned with a higher resistance in mind. Since changing the stock cable (that measures poorly = high resistance) to a 3rd party cable with a lot lower resistance made the sound very bad.

Apr 19, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #5,255 of 5,890
My T800 arrived last Friday. It was on 11% off discount when I placed the order at the turn of March/April. Audiosense Aliexpress store also had AQ7 at $398 at that time, I almost bought it. But the limited reviews on AQ7 I found pale in comparison to the enthusiastic reviews of T800. So I bought T800 at the end, I am happy with this decision.

I like string music; to my ears, T800 does a great job in this regard; smooth sound with detailed but not harsh texture, very enjoyable listening experience. I tried the brown copper cable and the silver SPC cable, did not sense any difference. I probably need to try more. But either way, I am satisfied.

Apr 19, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #5,256 of 5,890
Se = single ended connection. Aka, non balanced.

OI = output impedance, the impedance/resistance of the amp itself.

With ba iems, and especially a sensitive one like the T800, small changes in resistance ( OI + cable resistance) are very likely to cause changes to the FR (frequency response).
For example here is a graph on 2 different resistances with the Campfire Andromeda:
1618857602293.png
Source: https://www.audiodiscourse.com/2019/06/campfire-andromeda-mini-review.html

Usually you would want as low total resistance as possible. But with BA iems, it can be a bit more tricky since you dont know what the total resistance that the tuner had when they tuned the iem. So if they had a high total resistance, but you yourself uses sources and cables with low resistance, the FR changes might change it for better/worse.

An example that I have experienced is with the Tansio Mirai TSMR 4-pro, it was very likely tuned with a higher resistance in mind. Since changing the stock cable (that measures poorly = high resistance) to a 3rd party cable with a lot lower resistance made the sound very bad.
That is very informative. It seems the water of IEM is much deeper than what I initially thought. I guess I need to stop digging, otherwise my wallet will cry.

Apr 19, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #5,257 of 5,890
That is very informative. It seems the water of IEM is much deeper than what I initially thought. I guess I need to stop digging, otherwise my wallet will cry.
yeah, if you are already satisfied then stop or your wallet will die lol. :joy:

Apr 20, 2021 at 1:37 AM Post #5,259 of 5,890
:clap::clap: Thank you!

This sage advice seems to not be given nearly enough. There seems to be a universal push for running things “balanced”, assuming it is always better. Not only is it not necessarily better or is unnecessary, but it can be deleterious is certain circumstances.

However, I do realize that things are not always as straightforward as the raw science suggests, and that frequently, the balanced output on an amp may have received more attention in the design process, assuming everyone will use it.

Yeah i think u are right that when a DAP or source comes with a single ended and balanced output, frequently the better implementation seems to be done on the balanced port. But I do think a well implemented singled ended output is better than a half baked balanced output any day.

Apr 20, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #5,261 of 5,890
Moondrop Kanas Pro & AQ T800 were my first blind forays into off-label hifi experimentation. Slater made several kind suggestions that were very helpful to me at the time. Haven’t seen him in awhile. I’m sure he doesn’t know me but I got much gratitude for that guy.

The money I have subsequently spent is more than I ever would’ve imagined possible at the time.

Incrementally buying better and costlier iems, there are few exits unless you luck out, or know your limits at the outset, better than I did.

Problem for me, there is no way to test products without blind buying. Took me thousands of dollars to figure out, first, what am I hearing, then, what do I prefer, and finally hone in on the right sets. Still exploring!

Take heart though. If your pleasure keeps growing with each advanced discovery, you’re not only on the right path but will discover a bona fide modicum of audio nirvana...so long as finances hold out....

Apr 21, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #5,262 of 5,890
Yeah i think u are right that when a DAP or source comes with a single ended and balanced output, frequently the better implementation seems to be done on the balanced port. But I do think a well implemented singled ended output is better than a half baked balanced output any day.
Although as you rightly mentioned, most companies prioritise balanced over SE. And, I've too noticed that mostly it's DDs that scale brilliantly with balanced out. Hybrids somehow sound too powerful or get hot in treble at times.

Apr 22, 2021 at 11:54 PM Post #5,263 of 5,890
Hey, everyone!

I just posted my review of the AUDIOSENSE DT200. If you have the time, do check it out. I appreciate any feedback/criticism I can get with the reviews I write.

Model: Audiosense DT200
Driver Set-Up: 2 Knowles BA
Tuning: Neutral with slight bass boost.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/audiosense-dt200.24239/reviews

Stay safe and healthy!

*Removed track-specific analysis as it didn't feel like me, if you get what I mean.

Apr 23, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #5,264 of 5,890
I am considering buying a Bluetooth dongle with my T800. But I am a bit concerned of the MMCX connectors becoming loose after swapping many times. I am wondering if anyone has some experience in this regard. Thanks in advance.

Apr 23, 2021 at 9:22 AM Post #5,265 of 5,890
I am considering buying a Bluetooth dongle with my T800. But I am a bit concerned of the MMCX connectors becoming loose after swapping many times. I am wondering if anyone has some experience in this regard. Thanks in advance.
Please make sure of the output impedance of those dongles. If not paired properly T800 sound may drastically change. Usually around 1 ohm output impedance suits it well. I'd say rather buy some usb dac-amp, like shanling up4, fiio btr5, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back