AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 17, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #5,236 of 5,890
Just bought Audiosense T800. What you think about this 2.5mm balanced cable? My ears are not sensitive enough to pick up any improvement of upgraded cables, I just want to try balanced cable with low budget.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33035223466.html?spm=a2g0o.placeorder.0.0.57ab321eHZeEDt&mp=1
Nothing wrong with this cable. Good quality and working well. The sound quality is OK. Of course I have many other (and more expensive) cables too but this cable is very good for daily use. :wink: I also have it.

Apr 17, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #5,237 of 5,890
Thank everybody for the quick reply. It seems those budget cables only have cosmetic difference, so I decide to go with the cheapest you all mentioned.

Apr 18, 2021 at 4:03 AM Post #5,238 of 5,890
Just bought Audiosense T800. What you think about this 2.5mm balanced cable? My ears are not sensitive enough to pick up any improvement of upgraded cables, I just want to try balanced cable with low budget.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33035223466.html?spm=a2g0o.placeorder.0.0.57ab321eHZeEDt&mp=1

Well balanced cables (and by extension balanced sources) may sometimes help some power hungry type transducers such as planars and piezos and single DD.
But the Audiosense T800 is a multi BA set that is extremely easy to drive in terms of power requirements. My 2 cents is that I don't think it will benefit much from using balanced cables/sources. Sometimes going balanced for these highly sensitive multi BA types may even skew the sound signature.

The stock cable provided in the T800 is very adequate IMHO, you might get better mileage changing the sound signature with eartips and knowles filters.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #5,239 of 5,890
Well balanced cables (and by extension balanced sources) may sometimes help some power hungry type transducers such as planars and piezos and single DD.
But the Audiosense T800 is a multi BA set that is extremely easy to drive in terms of power requirements. My 2 cents is that I don't think it will benefit much from using balanced cables/sources. Sometimes going balanced for these highly sensitive multi BA types may even skew the sound signature.

The stock cable provided in the T800 is very adequate IMHO, you might get better mileage changing the sound signature with eartips and knowles filters.
Good point! I was using my BTR5 balanced output because my Tin P1 needs it. When I bough sensitive IEMs I swapped their cables for balanced ones but I have now reverted to single ended as it gives me finer volume adjustment. They were too loud with the balanced output.
At $10-15 a cable, it may still be worth trying out.

Apr 18, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #5,240 of 5,890

Actually the stock cable on the T800 doesnt measure that good. Its at 0.36 ohms, although if audiosense tuned the T800 with that cable, it might not be very good to buy 3rd party cables (that probably are lower in resistance) since that might have some unintended FR changes.

Apr 18, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #5,241 of 5,890
Great suggestions. Thanks a lot. I will try some tips. But I am afraid of changing the dampers, it seems too delicate. I never had any experience with balanced listening, heard a lot of hypes, so want to give it a try. I guess I probably will not hear any diff.

Apr 18, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #5,242 of 5,890
Great suggestions. Thanks a lot. I will try some tips. But I am afraid of changing the dampers, it seems too delicate. I never had any experience with balanced listening, heard a lot of hypes, so want to give it a try. I guess I probably will not hear any diff.
Your source is the Fiio M11 right?

Its actually worse on balanced with the M11 + T800 combo. Since the balanced output has 2 OI instead of 1 OI in SE.
(I had the M11 before, so I know this first hand.)

Apr 19, 2021 at 1:21 AM Post #5,243 of 5,890
DT200 came to me too.
I liked it very much, and in comparison with DT100 they have a more audiophile presentation with more high frequencies and slightly higher quality low frequencies. I really enjoy having these two models, thanks To Audiosense for them :)

Small review(on RU) for DT100 and DT200

I do not think that you will understand something, but just look at how they look externally

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2021 at 1:38 AM Post #5,244 of 5,890
DT200 came to me too.
I liked it very much, and in comparison with DT100 they have a more audiophile presentation with more high frequencies and slightly higher quality low frequencies. I really enjoy having these two models, thanks To Audiosense for them :)
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the DT200, as well! That bass-boosted neutral tuning has now become my preferred signature. Bass quantity is enough for most tracks, but sub-bass and treble extension is something to sliiiiightly improve on. Quality across all spectrum is wonderful. Technicalities, particularly separation and imaging leave me wanting for more. This may be due to the intimate soundstage, and in extension detail-retrieval, but I can let it pass as it's a 2-BA, ventless IEM. However, the tonality's just sooo good and it's not like the bass response of the Knowles is limp (it's like a F1 - freakin' fast and controlled). It's still satisfying for my non-basshead ears.

Won't be able to write a formal review as I've got Midterm Exams the whole week 😜😂. Hopefully, I'll be able to post it by the first weeks of May. Off-topic, but time sure did fly fast for 2020-2021 - one moment you're having fun celebrating New Year 2020, and the next you wake up finding that we're already 4 months in 2021. How I wish this pandemic could end already as it has affected billions of lives 😔

Edit: Thanks for the review. I don't understand Russian (?) but thank God for the auto-translation of captions feature of Youtube.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2021 at 1:43 AM Post #5,245 of 5,890
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the DT200, as well! That bass-boosted neutral tuning has now become my preferred signature. Bass quantity is enough for most tracks, but sub-bass and upper treble extension is something to sliiiiightly improve on. Quality across all spectrum is wonderful. Technicalities, particularly separation and imaging leave me wanting for more. This may be due to the intimate soundstage, and in extension detail-retrieval, but I can let it pass as it's a 2-BA, ventless IEM. However, the tonality's just sooo good and it's not like the bass response of the Knowles is limp. It's still satisfying for my non-basshead ears.

Won't be able to write a formal review as I've got Midterm Exams the whole week 😜😂. Hopefully, I'll be able to post it by the first weeks of May. Off-topic, but time sure did fly fast for 2020-2021 - one moment you're having fun celebrating New Year 2020, and the next you wake up finding that we're already 4 months in 2021. How I wish this pandemic could end already as it has affected billions of lives 😔
if you need more bass and a richer mids, then this is by DT100 :)
I also have a model BGVP Q2 with a similar configuration as DT200, namely: better and more punchy bass as well as even more high frequencies. Recommend to try.

I really liked the look of DT100, I hope that Audiosense will release another product in this design

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #5,246 of 5,890
Actually the stock cable on the T800 doesnt measure that good. Its at 0.36 ohms, although if audiosense tuned the T800 with that cable, it might not be very good to buy 3rd party cables (that probably are lower in resistance) since that might have some unintended FR changes.
I can confirm that the FAEEAL copper litz cable is okay for the T800 if some finds their treble too hot. The copper seem to tighten the bass slam but overall made the T800 warmer(YMMV), and in turn you will lose out some airiness/separation in the mids and treble, that is why I still prefer the stock SPC.

Apr 19, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #5,247 of 5,890
...a multi BA set that is extremely easy to drive in terms of power requirements. My 2 cents is that I don't think it will benefit much from using balanced cables/sources. Sometimes going balanced for these highly sensitive multi BA types may even skew the sound signature.
:clap::clap: Thank you!

This sage advice seems to not be given nearly enough. There seems to be a universal push for running things “balanced”, assuming it is always better. Not only is it not necessarily better or is unnecessary, but it can be deleterious is certain circumstances.

However, I do realize that things are not always as straightforward as the raw science suggests, and that frequently, the balanced output on an amp may have received more attention in the design process, assuming everyone will use it.

Apr 19, 2021 at 12:06 PM Post #5,248 of 5,890
if you need more bass and a richer mids, then this is by DT100 :)
I also have a model BGVP Q2 with a similar configuration as DT200, namely: better and more punchy bass as well as even more high frequencies. Recommend to try.

I really liked the look of DT100, I hope that Audiosense will release another product in this design
Similar shell look/design but single DD:

AQ0

The pictures don't do it justice. Sonically, it is like an improved FD1. That driver flex in the AQ0, though... :frowning2:

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #5,249 of 5,890
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back