AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 11, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #5,191 of 5,890
The DT100 has better bass (more similar to DD) and also better timbre overall. But the DT200 is the one with the better technicalities and sounds more "BA-like" (its actually still quite different from other BA iems though) with better mids/treble as well.
Thanks a lot! Good to know that the DT200 sounds more like a BA. Wanted to hear what an all-BA set sounds like so that I have a reference.

Apr 11, 2021 at 5:59 AM Post #5,192 of 5,890
Thanks a lot! Good to know that the DT200 sounds more like a BA. Wanted to hear what an all-BA set sounds like so that I have a reference.
Yeah, the DT200 is better then.

Although you have to keep in mind that the DT200 has exceptionally good timbre for a BA set. Almost every other BA iem I have heard sounds less natural than the DT200 does because of their poor timbre.

So if you end up loving this kind of sound, your only upgrade is probably to go up to the Sony IER-M7/M9. Or pray that the DT300 or the DT600 will have the bass and timbre of the DT100 and everything else on the DT200 + a lot better technicalities.

Apr 11, 2021 at 6:10 AM Post #5,193 of 5,890
graph (23).png

graph (24).png

Apr 11, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #5,194 of 5,890
Yeah, the DT200 is better then.

Although you have to keep in mind that the DT200 has exceptionally good timbre for a BA set. Almost every other BA iem I have heard sounds less natural than the DT200 does because of their poor timbre.

So if you end up loving this kind of sound, your only upgrade is probably to go up to the Sony IER-M7/M9. Or pray that the DT300 or the DT600 will have the bass and timbre of the DT100 and everything else on the DT200 + a lot better technicalities.
Agreed, DT200 definitely has a unique sound bc of vented driver and also the large capacitor in the crossover. They have nice realistic timbre, natural bass response (could be more) and non fatiguing high but the details are still present and not too rolled off. That's why they are my go to OTG iem. Not to mention they also have great isolation and are really comfortable.

Apr 13, 2021 at 3:02 AM Post #5,195 of 5,890
Looks like they plan to launch the DT300 next month. No other info so far.

Apr 13, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #5,197 of 5,890
Thanks for the info, i guess it will be under 300$
Hopefully around 200 usd. Because if this is at 300, then I dont want to think about how much the DT600 will be.

DT100 = 110

DT200 = 150

DT300 = 200

DT600 = 300

That would be priced well I think.

Apr 15, 2021 at 1:00 AM Post #5,198 of 5,890
AUDIOSENSE DT200

I might have just found my preferred tuning. The package and most especially the hard case is awesome.

However, I'm still getting used to the ventless design. That pressure build-up with "wrong" insertion is really something. From the stuff I've read, this was a Japan-exclusive pair during it's initial release?

3 pairs of foam (same size). 3 pairs of silicone tips. 8-core cable, tight braiding. HARDCORE case.

Update 1 (~3 hours):

Yup. I have found my preference - bass-boosted neutral. Soooo relaxing yet enjoyable to listen to and with enough upper midrange elevation for my dominantly female vocals playlist, though I would've wanted more air with the Knowles BA. Cable is tightly braided and is supple enough. Splitter and holder is of high quality but it would've been better if the jack was metal as well. Have gotten used to the vent-less design.

I LOOOVEE that F1-like bass response. I so freakin' adore that hard case! And that natural midrange without any recession! Just fantastic!

Tips however are of standard affair. Running them with the BQEYZ Summer "vocal/clear blue" tips and fits my ears well. Soundstage is intimate with average separation.

Regarding drivability, is this a sign to get a substantially better source? 😂

Now, off to find that technical pair I have yet to own, preferably not source-picky and relatively easy-to-drive 😉

IMG20210415130516.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021 at 4:53 AM Post #5,199 of 5,890
AUDIOSENSE DT200

I might have just found my preferred tuning. The package and most especially the hard case is awesome.

However, I'm still getting used to the ventless design. That pressure build-up with "wrong" insertion is really something. From the stuff I've read, this was a Japan-exclusive pair during it's initial release?

3 pairs of foam (same size). 3 pairs of silicone tips. 8-core cable, tight braiding. HARDCORE case.

Update 1 (~3 hours):

Yup. I have found my preference - bass-boosted neutral. Soooo relaxing yet enjoyable to listen to and with enough upper midrange elevation for my dominantly female vocals playlist, though I would've wanted more air with the Knowles BA. Cable is tightly braided and is supple enough. Splitter and holder is of high quality but it would've been better if the jack was metal as well. Have gotten used to the vent-less design.

I LOOOVEE that F1-like bass response. I so freakin' adore that hard case! And that natural midrange without any recession! Just fantastic!

Tips however are of standard affair. Running them with the BQEYZ Summer "vocal/clear blue" tips and fits my ears well. Soundstage is intimate with average separation.

Regarding drivability, these are surprisingly hard to get loud with the iPhone 5s. Is this a sign to get a substantially better source? 😂

Now, off to find that technical pair I have yet to own, preferably not source-picky and relatively easy-to-drive 😉

Found out I can't use foam tips. I just don't find them comfortable and they kill of the treble region too much.

Added update in first post.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021 at 4:58 AM Post #5,200 of 5,890
AUDIOSENSE DT200

Update 1 (~3 hours):

Regarding drivability, these are surprisingly hard to get loud with the iPhone 5s. Is this a sign to get a substantially better source? 😂

IMG20210415130516.jpg
They definitely tuned the knowles BA very differently from usual knowles drivers. They sound more like Sony BA´s, which is extremely impressive IMO.

Guess you should have your eye on the DT300/600, hopefully they have the bass/timbre (DT100) + mids/treble/tonality (DT200) and a lot better technicalities.

Apr 15, 2021 at 7:54 AM Post #5,201 of 5,890
AUDIOSENSE DT200

Update 1 (~3 hours):

Regarding drivability, these are surprisingly hard to get loud with the iPhone 5s (not as bad as SSP and MH750). Is this a sign to get a substantially better source? 😂

IMG20210415130516.jpg
One always feels it's the time to get new gear be it as a source or IEMs 😂 As a suggestion, try experimenting with few budget DAC/amps before jumping into the mid-fi level as you'll have to synergize your gear and source. It's a never-ending rabbit hole😜

Apr 15, 2021 at 7:55 AM Post #5,202 of 5,890
One always feels it's the time to get new gear be it as a source or IEMs 😂 As a suggestion, try experimenting with few budget DAC/amps before jumping into the mid-fi level as you'll have to synergize your gear and source. It's a never-ending rabbit hole😜
Yeah, stuff like the Ifi hip-dac, Qudelix 5K or E1DA 9038 should be fine for most people.

Apr 15, 2021 at 8:08 AM Post #5,203 of 5,890
AUDIOSENSE DT200

Update 1 (~3 hours):

Regarding drivability, these are surprisingly hard to get loud with the iPhone 5s (not as bad as SSP and MH750). Is this a sign to get a substantially better source? 😂

IMG20210415130516.jpg
I am quite sensitive to the vacuum/back pressure effect of some IEMs. The needle through the eartip stem mod can be a decent help. I can now use my SA3s for more than 15 minutes.

Apr 15, 2021 at 8:10 AM Post #5,204 of 5,890
I am quite sensitive to the vacuum/back pressure effect of some IEMs. The needle through the eartip stem mod can be a decent help. I can now use my SA3s for more than 15 minutes.
Yeah, you should forget about most BA iems lol. Including these DT models.

Apr 15, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #5,205 of 5,890
Yeah, stuff like the Ifi hip-dac, Qudelix 5K or E1DA 9038 should be fine for most people.
I have been looking at DAPs and DAC/Amps for the past few days 🤣 Really interested in the Xduoo X2s (recently released) at 60 USD, Fiio Btr3k/M3 Pro, Shanling UP4, or the Hidizs AP80/Pro if I can get a discount from them. E1DA would have also been good if not for the non-implementation of USB C.

Set my limit to 80 USD as I don't want to go down deeper in that rabbit hole as I don't see the "value" compared to IEMs/Earbuds 😉😜

Not that confident with putting a hole on the ear tip. I did do it once and it didn't turn out great. Would definitely change bass response no matter how small it is. Might get too wild one of these days and just do it 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back