AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Mar 4, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #5,146 of 5,890
That looks interesting. I'll have to give it a shot, though I do like to add a bit on the high end, and subtract a bit from 4k. It makes details better, and the mids sound more full. I just can't find the right amount to give them, until I found that preset which does ALL of those things I was already trying to do. heh
wow more in the upper treble? It is already very good for me.

Mar 4, 2021 at 8:03 PM Post #5,147 of 5,890
wow more in the upper treble? It is already very good for me.
Just a tad. It helps offset the subtraction of 4k. It is really nice.... But, keep in mind, I do like bright or super detail oriented, and these can get even better with a bit of add. They don't ever get sibilant or screechy (especially since I take out some 4k) give it a try?! So with the addition of some bass, and that treble I can have both fun and analytical at the same time... heh

Mar 5, 2021 at 7:38 AM Post #5,148 of 5,890
FD5 looks safer than the FD1 though.
Well, seems like you are right, at least partially.
I have just checked my vulnerability to the sibilants. This 8k peak is the biggest dealbreaker, which is equal for both. But you are still right, FD5 seems slighty less sibilant.
Also 3.5-4.3K range is second biggest contributor to the sibilants, which is lower to the FD5.
Though, I spot sibilants only in specific songs, for example whole AC/DC-Power up album. But it is significantly brighter that even other AC/DC albums.

Mar 5, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #5,149 of 5,890
Well, seems like you are right, at least partially.
I have just checked my vulnerability to the sibilants. This 8k peak is the biggest dealbreaker, which is equal for both. But you are still right, FD5 seems slighty less sibilant.
Also 3.5-4.3K range is second biggest contributor to the sibilants, which is lower to the FD5.
Though, I spot sibilants only in specific songs, for example whole AC/DC-Power up album. But it is significantly brighter that even other AC/DC albums.
More bass as well so that also affects your perception on the treble.

You can try that yourself by boosting the bass similarly with EQ on your FD1.

Mar 8, 2021 at 2:55 AM Post #5,150 of 5,890
Looks like the copper cable that came with my T800 is on the fritz. Switched over to a MeeAudio cable that I got as a replacement for a defective one some time ago. The sound was crazy bad. After getting out my meter and comparing cables the Meeaudio Common plug to mmcx was 8.8 ohms. The L & R resistance was only 1.2 ohms. Seems pretty defective to me unless they have something in-line in the splitter? So weird. So I have chucked the silver cable on that I subjectively didn't like as much as the copper one originally.

Still hear new stuff on well played albums and T800 still surprises me.

Mar 16, 2021 at 4:49 AM Post #5,152 of 5,890
Well I think that sounds correct.

And then we have the Tingker sister brand. Speaking about Tingker, I've bought the early bird Tingker TK300 and it has arrived in my country. But too bad I wasn't in today when the mailman came with it. So have to go down to the post office another day to collect it. And then comes the most difficult part of the IEM's journey: I must find a way to smuggle it past my wife.
The last sentence is very funny and it seems that is it the same as with my wife. The only way is, to buy much more IEMs so that your wife is losing the overview about the IEMs you are owning

Mar 16, 2021 at 5:13 AM Post #5,153 of 5,890
I've now pretty much read the whole thread and ordered the t800. i think it will arrive this week. I am very curious how it will sound. I am currently listening to the kbear believe and am very satisfied with the believe. I'm really looking forward to a comparison of the two. In any case, the T800 will definitely complement my IEM collection very well.

Mar 16, 2021 at 6:23 AM Post #5,154 of 5,890
I can't see a separate thread for Tingker, but as it's a sister company of Audiosense, I think it's OK to post here. My video about TK300

I love this iem!

Very awesome for metal!

Mar 16, 2021 at 6:26 AM Post #5,155 of 5,890
I've now pretty much read the whole thread and ordered the t800. i think it will arrive this week. I am very curious how it will sound. I am currently listening to the kbear believe and am very satisfied with the believe. I'm really looking forward to a comparison of the two. In any case, the T800 will definitely complement my IEM collection very well.
Congrats on your new purchase. I have never really bought into cable rolling, and tip rolling (for sound) that is, until I bought these. The combination does indeed make a difference in the sound. Albeit not a HUGE amount, but it IS noticeable without having to have "trained" ears. I say this because they sent an extra cable with mine (hopefully they are still doing that), and it is worth it to experiment with these to find your perfect sound. Pure silver, OFC (oxygen free copper), and SPC (silver plated copper) cables are your 3 main options (though the specific properties of all cables will make some difference also), and wide bore, and thin bore are the differentiators for tips. Also, keep in mind you can change/combine filters in the nozzle to change the sound. I actually bought some tips that have the filters built-in (because I am too lazy to change out the filters themselves heh).

Do let us know your thoughts after you have listened to them for a bit?!

Mar 16, 2021 at 7:19 AM Post #5,157 of 5,890
I definitely will. i will operate the t800 on my ibasso dx160. I will use the 4.4mm connector. I have a couple of cables that I will test. I am very curious ..... if only the t800 were there
This is the set-up I am using. The DX160 is almost overkill for these. At just 15 of 100 volume, these are comfortably loud (though I have been known to get them up in the 30's for some songs). With that in mind the background is absolutely black.

I am using 4.4mm balanced jack also. I ended up finding that Tripowin, and Y**y**, etc... cables don't sound as good (to my ears) as the FDbro 8 core SPC cable does, not to mention that it is very cheap.

I also ended up missing the wonderful detail retrieval of the stock filter, so I am using the Final Audio Type E tips instead of the previously mentioned Ostry filter tips. I find them to be long enough for secure fit, and because they are a bit tacky they stay in my ears the best.

Mar 16, 2021 at 8:13 AM Post #5,158 of 5,890

I think T800 will serve as a very marked counterpoint to the KBEAR BElieve. They are quite polar opposites in tuning. As such, they are more complimentary than competing as they can suit different music genres or sonic preferences.

The T800 is a bright mild V shaped set, very in your face type of sound. Better technicalities than the KBEAR BElieve, bassier too in terms of bass quantity and subbass extension. Though the T800 has a very low impedance so it fairs better with sources with as lowest output impedance as possible (1/8th source guide). T800 also has much better isolation.

The KBEAR BElieve needs amping to shine, sounds meh with a low powered source, it has lesser technical performance (eg clarity, details, imaging, instrument separation, soundstage), but it has better timbral accuracy for acoustic instruments (when compared to the T800). Also it isn't as hot in the upper mids/lower treble as the T800.

Mar 16, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #5,159 of 5,890
I use the KBear with a KBear 4.4mm cable. I am very pleased. The interaction with the Ibasso dx160 is great. I never have the feeling that there is not enough power. The sound of the "Believe" is great.
- big stage
- rich in detail
- fine heights
- timbre

- for me it could be a little more bass

according to dhl the t800 should arrive on friday ..... yeah!

Mar 16, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #5,160 of 5,890
I use the KBear with a KBear 4.4mm cable. I am very pleased. The interaction with the Ibasso dx160 is great. I never have the feeling that there is not enough power. The sound of the "Believe" is great.
- big stage
- rich in detail
- fine heights
- timbre

- for me it could be a little more bass

according to dhl the t800 should arrive on friday ..... yeah!
Congrats! :v:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back