AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Feb 28, 2021 at 1:36 AM Post #5,131 of 5,890
I paired my t800 to q5s (more or less like m11) using 4.4 connection and it was a very good sound, deep bass and dynamic treble, overall a bright sound
Thank you for reply, but I would rather know how M11+T800 pairs together.
M11 feels like a picky source that brightens sound. And T800 is a picky IEM, so better to know about exact pairing.

Feb 28, 2021 at 3:39 AM Post #5,132 of 5,890
Thank you for reply, but I would rather know how M11+T800 pairs together.
M11 feels like a picky source that brightens sound. And T800 is a picky IEM, so better to know about exact pairing.
Definitely take the LZ A7, It's even easy to drive. The T800 is not even close in resolution, instrument separation, and soundstage. T800 feels quite bloated compared to A7.

Feb 28, 2021 at 4:56 AM Post #5,133 of 5,890
Definitely take the LZ A7, It's even easy to drive. The T800 is not even close in resolution, instrument separation, and soundstage. T800 feels quite bloated compared to A7.
Not the first time i've heard this. LZ A7 is often referred as better version of everything in ~$300 price)
I'm actually leaning towards A7 if it also easy to fit, it looks like MVP

Feb 28, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #5,134 of 5,890
Not the first time i've heard this. LZ A7 is often referred as better version of everything in ~$300 price)
I'm also very favored with LZ A6 vs T800, and that was a 160 euros vs 270 euros. LZ A7 vs T800 seems like a joke for me as someone who has all 3 of those.

Mar 3, 2021 at 7:13 AM Post #5,136 of 5,890
My video about DT100

Thanks for the review. I have one issue with your review. You say that the FA1 has reduced treble. I find the FA1 to be rather bright. I am sensitive to the 5-7 kHz range where the FA1 has a spike. Maybe that is why I hear the FA1 as being rather bright, not relaxed in the treble range?

Attachments

• FA1.jpg
    FA1.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 0
Mar 3, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #5,137 of 5,890
Thanks for the review. I have one issue with your review. You say that the FA1 has reduced treble. I find the FA1 to be rather bright. I am sensitive to the 5-7 kHz range where the FA1 has a spike. Maybe that is why I hear the FA1 as being rather bright, not relaxed in the treble range?

Hello, sure, you’re right. We have different treble sensitivity and in different areas. But actually my subjective perception of the sound of FA1 is closer to PrimeAudio chart https://primeaudio.org/fiio-fa1-review/

(I’m not saying that it’s “more correct” or something like that, it’s just closer to my perception)

Mar 3, 2021 at 8:30 PM Post #5,138 of 5,890
You can't go wrong with the LZ A7. It's a jack of all trades, if you are willing to spend some time exploring filters, and fits like a glove. I also love the A6 but that has a more difficult fit and moisture problems with their filters (I use the A6 with the A7's red filter).

I like the t800 though, but only with Knowles brown filters (some people prefer the green). It is very engaging and exciting with movies, has gobs of detail and uniquely deep bass (can be woolly on occasion). The A7 is a better earphone package IMO though.

Two other good options are the Mangird Tea (balanced nearing mid centric) and Fiio FD5 (fast single DD with huge soundstage). Both more mature sounding than the t800, though miles appart.

The A7 and FD5 share most of my listening time at the moment, though I have eyes set on that dt600 that's been rumored to be better than the t800.

Mar 3, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #5,139 of 5,890
You can't go wrong with the LZ A7. It's a jack of all trades, if you are willing to spend some time exploring filters, and fits like a glove. I also love the A6 but that has a more difficult fit and moisture problems with their filters (I use the A6 with the A7's red filter).

I like the t800 though, but only with Knowles brown filters (some people prefer the green). It is very engaging and exciting with movies, has gobs of detail and uniquely deep bass (can be woolly on occasion). The A7 is a better earphone package IMO though.

Two other good options are the Mangird Tea (balanced nearing mid centric) and Fiio FD5 (fast single DD with huge soundstage). Both more mature sounding than the t800, though miles appart.

The A7 and FD5 share most of my listening time at the moment, though I have eyes set on that dt600 that's been rumored to be better than the t800.
Interesting to know. I haven't heard the A7 (or the Fiios), but have loved my T800 since the day I got them back at the very beginning of 2020. I pair them with the iBasso DX160 which is a great fit because it is on the warmer side of neutral (for my ears).

I use the least strength (OS100) Ostry tips on mine rather than change the filter, but I use an SPC 4.4 balanced cable with them. Even though the OFC cable sounds smoother with these, they mute the detail retrieval a bit too much for me.

My ultimate contrast pair of IEMs has been the Tin P1, so I haven't really been on the market to even look into further purchases of IEMs. I am still trying to find my end game for over ears, and just starting looking into some TWS though.

Mar 4, 2021 at 5:34 AM Post #5,140 of 5,890
Interesting to know. I haven't heard the A7 (or the Fiios), but have loved my T800 since the day I got them back at the very beginning of 2020. I pair them with the iBasso DX160 which is a great fit because it is on the warmer side of neutral (for my ears).

I use the least strength (OS100) Ostry tips on mine rather than change the filter, but I use an SPC 4.4 balanced cable with them. Even though the OFC cable sounds smoother with these, they mute the detail retrieval a bit too much for me.

My ultimate contrast pair of IEMs has been the Tin P1, so I haven't really been on the market to even look into further purchases of IEMs. I am still trying to find my end game for over ears, and just starting looking into some TWS though.
You are making me think that perhaps I should go back to the original white Knowles filters and try some more tip rolling to see where I get with the T800... Don't take me wrong, I have many IEMs, but I do have a special sweet spot for the T800.

The P1 is also one of my favourites. I find it takes some good amplification (Oppo ha2 in high gain or ifi iDSD micro), covered vent hole mod, and a tad of bass boost to make them come to life, but when they do... man they are great! And can compete with everything I mentioned in my previous post. It is the only earphone with which I use eq/bass boost, because it is so darn good with it.

Mar 4, 2021 at 7:07 AM Post #5,141 of 5,890

Thank you for passionate response. I'm actually more and more leaning towards LZ A7.
I'm eager to hear FD5, but FD1 is already sometimes sibilant for me with Fiio M11, so FD 5, I guess would drill my ears even more.

Mar 4, 2021 at 8:25 AM Post #5,142 of 5,890
Thank you for passionate response. I'm actually more and more leaning towards LZ A7.
I'm eager to hear FD5, but FD1 is already sometimes sibilant for me with Fiio M11, so FD 5, I guess would drill my ears even more.
graph (84).png

FD5 looks safer than the FD1 though.

Mar 4, 2021 at 6:13 PM Post #5,143 of 5,890
You are making me think that perhaps I should go back to the original white Knowles filters and try some more tip rolling to see where I get with the T800... Don't take me wrong, I have many IEMs, but I do have a special sweet spot for the T800.

The P1 is also one of my favourites. I find it takes some good amplification (Oppo ha2 in high gain or ifi iDSD micro), covered vent hole mod, and a tad of bass boost to make them come to life, but when they do... man they are great! And can compete with everything I mentioned in my previous post. It is the only earphone with which I use eq/bass boost, because it is so darn good with it.
I will always have a special place in my heart for the T800. Even though they are not as rugged as some of the other IEMs I have, but only because of the fragile nature of BA in general. Otherwise I think they are built like a rock... And I hope I will have these for many years to come.

Yeah, those that gave up on these (P1) after first listen surely missed out on what I would confidently put up against just about anything out there. I don't cover the hole, but I found the DX160 (out of 4.4mm balanced at about 1.2W) to push these very well. I tried to EQ them for a bit, and they still just needed something to my ears. I found "Tonebooster Morphit" in UAPP, which is a lot like auto-eq. I set their signature to be that of the HD600, and low and behold there is perfection in my ears (even after all this time, I am amazed when I listen to them). I am not ashamed to admit (with these) that I love them with bass heavy songs (which I don't listen to as much as I do music with natural bass, like rock and etc...) because of that wonderfully full planar bass.

Mar 4, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #5,144 of 5,890
I will always have a special place in my heart for the T800. Even though they are not as rugged as some of the other IEMs I have, but only because of the fragile nature of BA in general. Otherwise I think they are built like a rock... And I hope I will have these for many years to come.

Yeah, those that gave up on these (P1) after first listen surely missed out on what I would confidently put up against just about anything out there. I don't cover the hole, but I found the DX160 (out of 4.4mm balanced at about 1.2W) to push these very well. I tried to EQ them for a bit, and they still just needed something to my ears. I found "Tonebooster Morphit" in UAPP, which is a lot like auto-eq. I set their signature to be that of the HD600, and low and behold there is perfection in my ears (even after all this time, I am amazed when I listen to them). I am not ashamed to admit (with these) that I love them with bass heavy songs (which I don't listen to as much as I do music with natural bass, like rock and etc...) because of that wonderfully full planar bass.
You should try my PEQ preset on the Tin P1, you might be surprised. :joy:

1614899793049.png

Mar 4, 2021 at 6:37 PM Post #5,145 of 5,890
You should try my PEQ preset on the Tin P1, you might be surprised. :joy:

1614899793049.png
That looks interesting. I'll have to give it a shot, though I do like to add a bit on the high end, and subtract a bit from 4k. It makes details better, and the mids sound more full. I just can't find the right amount to give them, until I found that preset which does ALL of those things I was already trying to do. heh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back