AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Dec 9, 2019 at 10:51 PM Post #2,971 of 5,890
Damn thats bad. Really bad. Did you try contacting them? I am sure they would have replaced the cable. My MMCX connectors are perfect. They connect easily, and come of easily, but not loose at all. No wobble, perfect fit.
I'm pretty sure you got a faulty cable :/
I get it from a mass order i did not order it by my self i can't contact them

Cn you show me a good picture of the mmcx are yours also splitet it 4?

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2019 at 10:52 PM Post #2,972 of 5,890
My initial impressions with azla sedna tips and 3.5mm 6n 8 core copper wire. Grey filters pulled out close to the nozzle and I am using spotify premium.

As a preface, I never had an issue with sibilance or treble being too hot. I rather enjoyed the treble and clarity. But I did find sometimes the mids were a bit thin.

This again is personal preference, but after listening to lcdx, I wanted a lush smooth yet detailed iem and this player delivers. I was listening for a few hours and I found the bass is quick, clean and has a good texture to it. I didnt find it to be bloated or slow. Vocals have a fuller sound and so does piano and guitars. The trade off is the highs are bit less but to me it sounds more natural now. Lots of detail and soundstage is wide with better imaging.

I'm surprised at how much it changed up the T800 and I am really enjoying it.

I'll compare it to my ar-m20 when I'm home.

Thanks for sharing your impressions!
How you describe the iBasso DX160, they look/sound like exactly what i'm looking for.
Everyone who has paired the T800 with the iBasso DX160 has been very positive about the pairing, really wish i could get my hands on a red one, sadly they are sold out everywhere pfft.

Thanks again for your impressions, i can't wait to get my hands on the iBasso DX160 :)

Dec 9, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #2,973 of 5,890
20191210_145702.jpg
20191210_145948.jpg
20191210_145856.jpg
20191210_150002.jpg
I get it from a mass order i did not order it by my self i can't contact them

Cn you show me a good picture of the mmcx are yours also splitet it 4?

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2019 at 11:12 PM Post #2,974 of 5,890
Thank you. Your mmcx are different then mine yours are 2 way splitet mine are 4 way. They where garbage and my cabe sounded much worse then my 30 dollar ohfc 4 core

20191027_155039.jpg

That is a picture after i tried to bend it it broke instantly but you can see its a 4 split 1 fourt broke out

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2019 at 2:25 AM Post #2,975 of 5,890
Thank you. Your mmcx are different then mine yours are 2 way splitet mine are 4 way. They where garbage and my cabe sounded much worse then my 30 dollar ohfc 4 core

That is a picture after i tried to bend it it broke instantly but you can see its a 4 split 1 fourt broke out

I'm sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience with the cable :frowning2: , hopefully you can fix it and it sounds great after. The 4 split MMCX connectors are a no go. I had a bad experience once with a cable as well due to the same reason :/ they are to fragile

Dec 10, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #2,977 of 5,890
@wayofthedawn im curious, did the M11 recommendation also explain, why other FiiO DAPs are not a good match?
I can only think of output impedance, else?

Sorry, i can't help you there. I've only been told which DAPs they recommend and which they don't. (And so far, their list of recommendations and which to avoid holds true according to my own testing)
But just like you said, i think it has to do with the output impedance. Does anyone maybe have more insight into this?

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:32 AM Post #2,980 of 5,890
Seems E1DA 9038s is NOT that recommended for IEM after all... I like that guy man:
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...a-9038s-bal-portable-dac-amp.8424/post-283357
I highly rec it :wink:. Best pairing I have heard so far. But if you do go for it, ask around and find out if it works with your phone and hows the drain with your phone.. But it does sound amazing for the little small size. Truly amazing. :D. The only reason he doesnt rec it is because it's extremely powerful for an iem and volume is hard to control. But if you have a music player app where you can set the volume output (replay gain) to -16db. You can use the 9038s with no issues at all. I am listening to some songs at 60% volume with no issues. I can understand where he is coming from as if you can't drop the volume by -16db, it could be tricky to use it. But many music player apps should have that feature. You'll be getting all the power you need for the T800, you won't blast your ears. And what else to say but you'll get the max out of the T800 in a small tiny package. With any iem you can use the 9038s if you have that feature. Just check settings in your music app, look for replay gain. And then set it -16db. No issue. No fuss. Easier than sleeping. Maybe ask him and say what if you can set the replay gain to -16db on an app?

From my experience, I have had no issue at all and I use poweramp like normal. Volume I listen to is between 35% to 60%. Depends if the song is quiet or not :). Without dropping the replay gain to -16db. At 10% it's ear bleeding loud though. That's why he doesnt rec it for sensitive iems. But drop the db, no issues at all.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #2,982 of 5,890
I don't think I can use 9038s with my streaming services wisely. Amazon Music HD nowadays, before Google.
I don't think I want to switch to another streaming platform because my DAC does only work USB volume controlled over UAPP / Neutron.
And bit perfect seems only UAPP, which allows TIDAL only if I'm not mistaken.
So, I think on the go the recommended Meizu DAC and the compromise on no bit perfect - or a DAP that supports amazon music HD... jeeesh

Dec 10, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #2,983 of 5,890
Thanks for sharing your impressions!
How you describe the iBasso DX160, they look/sound like exactly what i'm looking for.
Everyone who has paired the T800 with the iBasso DX160 has been very positive about the pairing, really wish i could get my hands on a red one, sadly they are sold out everywhere pfft.

Thanks again for your impressions, i can't wait to get my hands on the iBasso DX160 :)

I lucked out and was able to get one while I'm in japan at the moment

Dec 10, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #2,984 of 5,890
I just received my T800 yesterday and I'm completely blown away by the musical and at the same time technical way of presenting the music! Really something special and a really good match with the RME ADI-2 DAC, absolutely no noise floor at all and enough power even from the IEM output. Next I'm going to try them with the Shanling M0, I'm excited to compare it with the RME.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back