AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Oct 18, 2019 at 1:14 AM Post #2,401 of 5,890
I have to say that I am another unfortunate casualty of a defective T800. My right ear bud has started to fail. It didn't fail completely - but it's oddly lost volume and bass is non-existent. So it's as though one of the internal wires opened/shorted, so it's only partially functioning. Left ear is still just fine.

Worse, I had to deal with taobao, which is obviously more challenging due to language barrier issues. I had to use google translate to have a conversation, but I seem to have settled on the details that I need to send it back. The only benefit I have is that I'm locally based in China, so should hopefully get a quick turn-around. Hopefully I get as good of treatment as you guys dealing with the "international" team.

That sucks. My turn around was less than a week once I figured out how to actually ship to China.

Oct 18, 2019 at 1:20 AM Post #2,402 of 5,890
On then Fearless Audio tip... I was following that thread for awhile. Those guys were having to send back as well. Unfortunately electronics fail regardless of company. I haven't seen many folks that have had issue.

Oct 18, 2019 at 2:36 AM Post #2,403 of 5,890
That sucks. My turn around was less than a week once I figured out how to actually ship to China.

luckily for me since i'm working in china i was able to get some chinese co-workers to walk me through the process. but all communication was 100% in chinese, so I have that feeling of uncertainty that I may have messed up one stupid detail or something. btw I only shipped the buds, I removed the cable & ear tips, as it appears that there's no need to include any other accessories. Is that what you did as well?

So yeah - I can't say going with another brand you will have better success. Electronics of this level of precision will fail at some percentage no matter what. If that scares you, consider a brand you can easily acquire on amazon. And if you do decide to go with audiosense, avoid even more challenging return headaches and don't buy on taobao, unless you speak chinese. From reading responses in this thread I get the impression international customers get better treatment than "local" customers.

Despite all of these headaches I don't necessarily regret my purchase. The T800 is a beast. But to say I'm not a bit disappointed my set failed in just over a month would be disingenuous as well.

Oct 18, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #2,404 of 5,890
luckily for me since i'm working in china i was able to get some chinese co-workers to walk me through the process. but all communication was 100% in chinese, so I have that feeling of uncertainty that I may have messed up one stupid detail or something. btw I only shipped the buds, I removed the cable & ear tips, as it appears that there's no need to include any other accessories. Is that what you did as well?

So yeah - I can't say going with another brand you will have better success. Electronics of this level of precision will fail at some percentage no matter what. If that scares you, consider a brand you can easily acquire on amazon. And if you do decide to go with audiosense, avoid even more challenging return headaches and don't buy on taobao, unless you speak chinese. From reading responses in this thread I get the impression international customers get better treatment than "local" customers.

Despite all of these headaches I don't necessarily regret my purchase. The T800 is a beast. But to say I'm not a bit disappointed my set failed in just over a month would be disingenuous as well.

I am curious. What source were you using? Not that it should matter but... Curious. And yes buds only.

Another interesting note after I noticed the buzzing on my right earbud, my amp started shutting down at higher volume. As if the ohm load was off, bascislly one of the BAs not working right causing the amp to fault.

All good now tho. I just hope it's not something I did because i haven't changed anything ... But its not like I am doing anything crazy. I run the Q5 in Low gain mode because it does put out a lot of power in Balanced but. I rarely ever make it past 12oclock on the knob unless it's something older recorded low.

**Side Note - Just ordered a ISN Audio H16 Cable. Excited to try it out. Have been using pure copper 8 core. This cable is a nice upgrade.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #2,405 of 5,890
I am curious. What source were you using? Not that it should matter but... Curious. And yes buds only.

Another interesting note after I noticed the buzzing on my right earbud, my amp started shutting down at higher volume. As if the ohm load was off, bascislly one of the BAs not working right causing the amp to fault.

All good now tho. I just hope it's not something I did because i haven't changed anything ... But its not like I am doing anything crazy. I run the Q5 in Low gain mode because it does put out a lot of power in Balanced but. I rarely ever make it past 12oclock on the knob unless it's something older recorded low.

**Side Note - Just ordered a ISN Audio H16 Cable. Excited to try it out. Have been using pure copper 8 core. This cable is a nice upgrade.
Great choice, I feel it'll pair very nicely with the T800 as pure copper feels to warm and elevates the low end slightly to much. I am using the S16 and couldnt be happier, defs sound much smoother than stock SPC cable while S16 gives more detail and clarity to every frequency :). Just letting you know. The cables are SNAKES and by that I mean thick AF :wink: haha

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #2,407 of 5,890
i talked with Audiosense reps, the hybrid is coming after around 10 days, there will be another BA model with two BAs in similar resin body like T800, hope to be smaller, the hybrid is 2 ba one dynamic, lets hope that they use good quality dynamic driver, carbon nanotube or DLC

It would be very interesting if they use DLC or carbon nanotube. I was looking at Shuoer Tape, but I'll wait for this release of Audiosense.

Oct 18, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #2,408 of 5,890
Great choice, I feel it'll pair very nicely with the T800 as pure copper feels to warm and elevates the low end slightly to much. I am using the S16 and couldnt be happier, defs sound much smoother than stock SPC cable while S16 gives more detail and clarity to every frequency :). Just letting you know. The cables are SNAKES and by that I mean thick AF :wink: haha

Yah. Not sure how I will manage such a thick cable. My current kinboofi PC 8 core is about the perfect thickness and feel but... I wanted some more "air" to the sound. But wanted to keep the lower end thickness .. It could stand to be a bit tighter as it's a little boomy but not bad. Just thinking the hybrid should be about perfect for what I am looking to achieve.

I haven't nor care to mess with the dampers. Running spinfit tips atm. Might switch back to Spiral Dots after cable. We will see.

I am just amazed at how much these IEMs can change in sound just making cable and tip changes. Which is why I wanted a good source. A little sad now tho because the mojo is down to 400 now. It's been closed to 600 forever. One downside of the Q5 is the output indpedence is high 2ohm on balanced output. 1.5 on standard. Mojo is like .0467 or something crazy.

Oct 18, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #2,409 of 5,890
https://www.facebook.com/AudiosenseIEMs/posts/2527166894030790

On the Audiosense FB page, they have confirmed a name for the hybrid - AQ3.
And it is confirmed 1DD + 2 BA.

Not that it really matters, but I wonder what the Q stands for? I always wonder about that sort of stuff, as it helps puts me in the ‘head’/thought process of the company.

I would have named it AH3 (for Audiosense Hybrid 3 as in 3 drivers). But that’s just the business owner in me...

Oct 18, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #2,410 of 5,890
You guys with “failing” T800 (especially in 1 ear only), be aware that the Knowles dampers are normal maintenance items and must be changed when clogged. This is true of any IEM and hearing aid that uses Knowles/Etymotic style dampers.

I guarantee that this is a cause of at least some of these T800 ‘defects’. Some people create a tremendous amount of ear wax/shed skin flakes/gunk vs others, which can and will accelerate the clogging of the dampers.

It’s not a defect, but rather just like the oil filter and air filter in your car. The oil and air filters in your car perform a sacrificial function, and protect the engine itself (just like the dampers are sacrificially protecting the actual BA drivers from dust and debris).

So before you go through the significant expense and hassle of shipping them all the way back to Audiosense, try a new set of grey dampers which only costs $3.

Heck, you can even TEST whether the problem is a clogged damper or not by temporarily removing the dampers altogether. If the ‘defective sound’ returns to normal, then the dampers were the problem and should be changed. This will restore the performance of the earphone to like-new condition.

The fact that this is a normal and expected maintenance item (again, for all earphones with dampers), is why it should be a given that all owners should order a set of new dampers and a damper tool. That’s why Etymotic and Knowles sell the maintenance parts, as well as make the maintenance recommendation information readily available.

Be aware that with the dampers temporary removed, the sound signature will change (with treble being peakier and possibly harsher). That’s why the no-damper test is only a temporary troubleshooting step.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #2,412 of 5,890
Not that it really matters, but I wonder what the Q stands for? I always wonder about that sort of stuff, as it helps puts me in the ‘head’/thought process of the company.

I would have named it AH3 (for Audiosense Hybrid 3 as in 3 drivers). But that’s just the business owner in me...

Well at least Audiosense has a 3 somewhere in the name to signify 3 drivers. Can't say the same for TFZ's naming convention which is all over the place LOL.

Oct 18, 2019 at 8:26 PM Post #2,413 of 5,890
And who knows what the t in t800 stands for?

Terminator 800 ?

Oct 18, 2019 at 8:47 PM Post #2,414 of 5,890
Well at least Audiosense has a 3 somewhere in the name to signify 3 drivers. Can't say the same for TFZ's naming convention which is all over the place LOL.

Totally true. TFZs uses a custom-written random model name generator software program to come up with their names.

And who knows what the t in t800 stands for?

Terminator 800 ?

Terrisonant

j/k :)

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2019 at 8:55 PM Post #2,415 of 5,890
Totally true. TFZs uses a custom-written random model name generator software program to come up with their names.

Terrisonant
What does that mean

Users who are viewing this thread

Back