AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Oct 17, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #2,371 of 5,890
So I gotta give it up to Audiosense again. When i sent back my IEMs i sent back everything but misunderstood and they only sent me the earbuds only. They were in new wrapping so, they were brand new just no box or case, cables, etc.... But I sent all that back to them. So I reached out asking if there is anyway they can send me another case and cables. They gave no issue at all and said they would dispatch today. Amazing! Such good customer service!

Oct 17, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #2,372 of 5,890
1dd 2ba or 2dd 1ba

Last I spoke with Cindy Wu about 2 months back she said it was 1 DD + 2 BA.
This will also be their first release containing a DD, I'm very interested. Looks like it might come out in time for 11/11.

Oct 17, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #2,373 of 5,890
So I gotta give it up to Audiosense again. When i sent back my IEMs i sent back everything but misunderstood and they only sent me the earbuds only. They were in new wrapping so, they were brand new just no box or case, cables, etc.... But I sent all that back to them. So I reached out asking if there is anyway they can send me another case and cables. They gave no issue at all and said they would dispatch today. Amazing! Such good customer service!
Yeah, they're really relieable. I have gotten a defective free copper cable from them and they insisted in sending me new cables and they ended up sending me a new upgraded version of the copper cable plus a silver one wrapped up in a T180 pouch.

Oct 17, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #2,375 of 5,890
Yeah, they're really relieable. I have gotten a defective free copper cable from them and they insisted in sending me new cables and they ended up sending me a new upgraded version of the copper cable plus a silver one wrapped up in a T180 pouch.
yah, they actually had sent me the new IEMS in one of those pouches! pretty nice little pouch

Oct 17, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #2,376 of 5,890
I spoke to Elaine maybe 2 month ago,and at that time she said the hybrid was gonna be around 150$ we will se...
I also asked about the tuning back then,and she told me it was gonna be similar to the T800. So most likely a Harman:ish tuning. But that has maybe changed since then.

I fished around a bit today to see what's in the pipeline,and The T800 Pro might not even make it to the market.because they feel that the only difference from the regular T800 is a redisign of the nozzle for easier
access to the damper. So if they build it they might change the tuning a bit also,to make more sense for them to release it.
If they release it,it will be out sometime next year.

One other reason they might not release the Pro version is because if the new hybrid modell gets good praise,they plan on making a 6.1 hybrid that according to Audiosense
is gonna be better sounding than the T800. That would be cool!

Yeah one more thing. The DD driver in the 2.1 hybrid are according to Audiosense not a "normal market one" what that means i have no idea…

Any idea on cost and tuning?

Oct 17, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #2,377 of 5,890
I spoke to Elaine maybe 2 month ago,and at that time she said the hybrid was gonna be around 150$ we will se...
I also asked about the tuning back then,and she told me it was gonna be similar to the T800. So most likely a Harman:ish tuning. But that has maybe changed since then.

I fished around a bit today to see what's in the pipeline,and The T800 Pro might not even make it to the market.because they feel that the only difference from the regular T800 is a redisign of the nozzle for easier
access to the damper. So if they build it they might change the tuning a bit also,to make more sense for them to release it.
If they release it,it will be out sometime next year.

One other reason they might not release the Pro version is because if the new hybrid modell gets good praise,they plan on making a 6.1 hybrid that according to Audiosense
is gonna be better sounding than the T800. That would be cool!

Yeah one more thing. The DD driver in the 2.1 hybrid are according to Audiosense not a "normal market one" what that means i have no idea…

Thanks for the great info.

If Audiosense does intend to release their hybrid at $150, I suspect their main competitor would be the BQEYZ Spring 1 at that price range. And the > $100 USD price range is not so forgiving, there are many other big boys to compete with and consumers are more picky compared to the usual $30 - 50 USD CHIFI fare. Just take a look at KZ when they tried to enter the > $100 market with their KZ AS16, it wasn't too successful. But Audiosense has a good track record with their tuning and quality products (like using knowles instead of the usual CHIFI bellsings) and great customer service, so I think they will do well with a harman tuned hybrid, I really do hope they do well enough to release a 6-1 hybrid.

When Cindy first told me about the T800 Pro, I also thought that it might not be worth the R&D and costs to make it, especially if they keep the same tuning as the T800. The audiophiles who are into this midfi segment already know the tuning they want and are more than capable of doing their own knowles filter mods, which will probably be cheaper than a new T800 Pro. Well let's see how well the hybrids do first.

Oct 17, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #2,378 of 5,890
Yeah you are right,it's a tough market indeed at that price range. I'm not 100% sure,but if my memory isn't completely off i'm pretty sure Elaine said at one time that
Audiosense once again was gonna use the tuners from Knowles to help them tune the hybrid modell.
If thats the case,then i have high hopes for a great sounding IEM
Time will tell...
Thanks for the great info.

If Audiosense does intend to release their hybrid at $150, I suspect their main competitor would be the BQEYZ Spring 1 at that price range. And the > $100 USD price range is not so forgiving, there are many other big boys to compete with and consumers are more picky compared to the usual $30 - 50 USD CHIFI fare. Just take a look at KZ when they tried to enter the > $100 market with their KZ AS16, it wasn't too successful. But Audiosense has a good track record with their tuning and quality products (like using knowles instead of the usual CHIFI bellsings) and great customer service, so I think they will do well with a harman tuned hybrid, I really do hope they do well enough to release a 6-1 hybrid.

When Cindy first told me about the T800 Pro, I also thought that it might not be worth the R&D and costs to make it, especially if they keep the same tuning as the T800. The audiophiles who are into this midfi segment already know the tuning they want and are more than capable of doing their own knowles filter mods, which will probably be cheaper than a new T800 Pro. Well let's see how well the hybrids do first.

Oct 17, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #2,379 of 5,890
I gotta say I also get the best sound with spirals, its amazing how much you can change the sound with tips! Another key for me was using a slightly different size tip on my right side. The minor, minor size difference makes all the difference. M in left side and ML in right, and the copper cable they now send as the extra one. Bliss!!!!
Haven't listened to any of my other iems since I received the 800's.
Gotta get off my butt and have a clean out sale. Right after this next tune............lol

Oct 17, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #2,380 of 5,890
I just ordered the Xduoo Link Dac/Amp to test out with the T800 for portable use. Hope it works out well and isnt a waste of money... There is absolutely no reviews on it so I think I'm one of the first buyers. All I know is the dac chip is the ES9118EC. The Audirect Beam has this dac chip but the Xduoo Link is made specificaly for IEMs. Priced at $48 USD it's not too pricey as well, price is extremely close to the Ibasso DC01 & DC02.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #2,381 of 5,890
I LOVE LOVE my Q5... Those 2 AK4490s running in Dual Mono going out to Balanced sounds amazing with the T800s!

Oct 17, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #2,382 of 5,890
So I added a bit of tak to make these fitnlike customs. I have big elephant ears and needed the extra height to make a tight fit. I don't have to adjust them for hours at a time now.

IMG_20191017_132419.jpg IMG_20191017_132433.jpg

Oct 17, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #2,383 of 5,890
I noticed today on my Audiosense T800 that when I hit exactly 68/100 volume on low gain on my shanling M0, I get a very clear loud buzz in both ears when the bass hits in (bad guy by Billie Eilish), I then listened to other tracks and it seems instead of a clear buzz when reproducing a bass beat it's more like distortion of the low end and muffling.

My question is if this is normal and expected or a defective set?

Oct 17, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #2,384 of 5,890
So I added a bit of tak to make these fitnlike customs. I have big elephant ears and needed the extra height to make a tight fit. I don't have to adjust them for hours at a time now.

Very nice job!

If you want something that is actual plastic and won’t deform (vs soft blue tac), consider doing the same thing using thermoplastic. It’s super cheap on Amazon, Aliexpress, etc. It’s translucent clear-white, but can be colored any color.

Here’s a thread about it, with a number of examples:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/custom-ear-molds-for-iems.830823/

I’ve had very good luck making custom-fitted earphones.

A huge advantage is that it can be reused over and over again. So if you mess up, it’s not permanent. When I was 1st learning how to use it, I went though a few tries before I got it down perfectly.

0DA1F9AC-7575-42D7-849E-2CE294773E21.jpeg 0A62A877-4705-49A9-9CE9-165180E566C8.jpeg

Oct 17, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #2,385 of 5,890
I noticed today on my Audiosense T800 that when I hit exactly 68/100 volume on low gain on my shanling M0, I get a very clear loud buzz in both ears when the bass hits in (bad guy by Billie Eilish), I then listened to other tracks and it seems instead of a clear buzz when reproducing a bass beat it's more like distortion of the low end and muffling.

My question is if this is normal and expected or a defective set?
I honestly don't think it's normal. I listen to extremely bass heavy tracks and I get no distortion or muffling or any sort of buzzing. How long have you had the T800 for? You could maybe try a different player, dac, dap or phone and see if the buzzing continues. If it doesnt, it could be the T800 being not driven properly or it could be a defective driver :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back