1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audioquests new Dragonfly Cobalt @TTVJAudio.com

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements and Deals' started by Todd, Jul 8, 2019.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Next

Last
  1. Todd Contributor
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

HI All,

Today Audioquest has announced the new Dragonfly Cobalt USB DAC, Headphone Amp and Preamp!

[​IMG]
    $299.95

The NEW Audioquest Dragonfly Cobalt is HERE!

The Dragonfly Cobalt takes the Dragonfly DACs to new heights! With an updated DAC chip, a new improved micro processor chip, improved power supply filtering and other upgrades the Cobalt is the new best option for a small DAC that will drive headphones with ease and also function as a preamp!

From MP3 to MQA and Hi-Res, DragonFly DAC/Amplifiers preserve the body, warmth, and natural color in all your music. Experience more beauty at home and everywhere you listen.

Order today and get this fantastic new Dragonfly!

TTVJAudio.com Todd Stay updated on TTVJAudio.com at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://www.ttvjaudio.com/ todd@ttvjaudio.com
    volly, Alcophone and Monsterzero like this.
  2. Condocondor
    ORDERED MINE! The Red had too much sibilance for me. I understand the Cobalt has that solved.

Wheel Hoss likes this.
  3. billbishere
    ESS ES9038Q2M is the DAC chip

Condocondor, Baten and Alcophone like this.
  4. nick97
    I wish it had the option to be usb c from the start but I’m still stoked :D

Sp12er3, Jazz1 and cathee like this.
  5. caenlenfromOCN
    $300 and it is not even Type C? I will pass. no one wants to be using a dongle cable for phones bro, its almost 2020... even Apple is moving to Type C...

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  6. tmaxx123
    When are they shipping? Or do you have them in stock?

7. Todd Contributor
    HI All,

I am receiving my shipment tomorrow and have already ordered more and will have them here by the end of the week. I have a few available on the first shipment still and will be shipping the rest within a few days.

Todd

TTVJAudio.com Todd Stay updated on TTVJAudio.com at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://www.ttvjaudio.com/ todd@ttvjaudio.com
  8. neogeosnk
    Looks like the smsl idea.

9. jnorris
    Removed

caenlenfromOCN likes this.
  10. caenlenfromOCN
    agreed.

11. Chessblitzer2017
    Wait what why usb lol. waiting for ibasso's dc02 3.5 version at 50 bucks.

PlantsmanTX and Khronos like this.
  12. nick97
    What's project, smsl??

13. Verbena
    At least dragonfly cobalt shouldnt have reliability issues like many chinese products(topping dx3...)

Looking forward to the first reviews.

rezakhalvati likes this.
  14. jnorris
    Pro-Ject DAC Box S2 ($250), SMSL SU-8 ($212). The former is a single 9038, and the latter is dual 9038. Both are desktop DACs. Admittedly they are not competitive form factors, but their technology is far in advance of the Dragonfly Cobalt for much less money. I also doubt that mobile users will hear any difference at all between the Red in the Cobalt in actual use.

PlantsmanTX and LajostheHun like this.
  15. neogeosnk
    smsl idea uses the same dac chip as cobalt. I own it and it sounds better than the Red or Black to me.

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Next

Last