Audioquests new Dragonfly Cobalt @TTVJAudio.com
Jul 8, 2019 at 10:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 155

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
10317933.jpg

10317934.jpg

HI All,

Today Audioquest has announced the new Dragonfly Cobalt USB DAC, Headphone Amp and Preamp!

$299.95

The NEW Audioquest Dragonfly Cobalt is HERE!

The Dragonfly Cobalt takes the Dragonfly DACs to new heights! With an updated DAC chip, a new improved micro processor chip, improved power supply filtering and other upgrades the Cobalt is the new best option for a small DAC that will drive headphones with ease and also function as a preamp!

From MP3 to MQA and Hi-Res, DragonFly DAC/Amplifiers preserve the body, warmth, and natural color in all your music. Experience more beauty at home and everywhere you listen.

Order today and get this fantastic new Dragonfly!

Jul 8, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #2 of 155
ORDERED MINE! The Red had too much sibilance for me. I understand the Cobalt has that solved.

Jul 8, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #7 of 155
HI All,

I am receiving my shipment tomorrow and have already ordered more and will have them here by the end of the week. I have a few available on the first shipment still and will be shipping the rest within a few days.

Todd

Jul 8, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #10 of 155
I think that $300 puts it at or over the price of many competing dual 9038 DACs (Project, SMSL). I'm sure the USB-C adapter is adding considerably to the price and it should be made an option for those that may need it. The headphone amp is the same ESS9601 as used in the Red, so no improvement on the back end. If they priced this at $225 I might go for it, but there is not enough of a compelling advance to drop $300 on.

agreed.

Jul 8, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #12 of 155
I think that $300 puts it at or over the price of many competing dual 9038 DACs (Project, SMSL). I'm sure the USB-C adapter is adding considerably to the price and it should be made an option for those that may need it. The headphone amp is the same ESS9601 as used in the Red, so no improvement on the back end. If they priced this at $225 I might go for it, but there is not enough of a compelling advance to drop $300 on.
What's project, smsl??

Jul 8, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #14 of 155
What's project, smsl??

Pro-Ject DAC Box S2 ($250), SMSL SU-8 ($212). The former is a single 9038, and the latter is dual 9038. Both are desktop DACs. Admittedly they are not competitive form factors, but their technology is far in advance of the Dragonfly Cobalt for much less money. I also doubt that mobile users will hear any difference at all between the Red in the Cobalt in actual use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back