AudioQuest NightOwl - A closed-back NightHawk
Aug 13, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #2,207 of 2,528
Also according to Drop: "These light, flexible cables are based on the company’s flagship cables, but with both the left and right channels in a single cable." Anyone know how this affects the quality and sound?

That’s certainly an improvement and is more like a normal cable. The original Cardas Clear cable is actually two independently cloth covered cables connected side by side to each other, way too thick and unwieldy.

Sep 4, 2020 at 2:00 AM Post #2,208 of 2,528
Anywhere to buy replacement suede pads for these? Mine have unfortunately deteriorated. :frowning2: I still have the leather pads but I just really don't prefer the feel or the sound of them.

Sep 4, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #2,214 of 2,528
You might want to contact Audioquest directly. I purchased a pair of Owls earlier this year that only had the leather pads. After contacting them they were able to send me the hybrid pads which I think were used with the Night Hawks. (They didn't have the suede pads in stock.)

Sep 6, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #2,215 of 2,528
Thanks. I will contact Audioquest. I'm kind of bewildered by the fact that the pads are so hard to come by. I don't understand Audioquest's commitment to their headphones. Do they expect the pads to last forever? I've had these less than two years.

Sep 6, 2020 at 7:45 PM Post #2,216 of 2,528
Thanks. I will contact Audioquest. I'm kind of bewildered by the fact that the pads are so hard to come by. I don't understand Audioquest's commitment to their headphones. Do they expect the pads to last forever? I've had these less than two years.

Audioquest's time in the headphone business was brief and mostly under the direction of someone who has left the company, so their commitment to their headphones seems to be about zero at this point.

Sep 6, 2020 at 8:30 PM Post #2,217 of 2,528
Nighthawk released in either 2014 or January 2015. Skylar left the company a couple years ago. They had no other reason to make headphones so put the rest of the line on clearance.

Sep 13, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #2,220 of 2,528

Users who are viewing this thread

Back