AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 1, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #9,736 of 10,196
Let me make this simple :
  • If you buy the NHC now, you will get them new for 249 € at that french shop while they still have some
  • If you wait, you'll get them used for at least that price, and possibly for a higher price. You can already see some Hawks on sale on eBay for 300-400 €.

The NH(C) is bound to become a collector's item. Up to you !

I’ve listed my XM4’s so if they sell then I’ll pick up some NHC’s from the France store I think. I guess there will be some import tax but as you say, used sets are going for the same price now anyway.

Feb 1, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #9,737 of 10,196
Let me make this simple :
  • If you buy the NHC now, you will get them new for 249 € at that french shop while they still have some
  • If you wait, you'll get them used for at least that price, and possibly for a higher price. You can already see some Hawks on sale on eBay for 300-400 €.

The NH(C) is bound to become a collector's item. Up to you !

I totaly agree with this, this is a rare deal.
When these are gone they gone, i have the original Nighthawk, let me tell you this.
These have some tech and sound qualites that you wont get elsewhere, like the bio drivers they built like speakers for your head.

It impressive how much detail, and the sound quality is over my hifi speaker system that is of a high level, still these are something for them self.

I am gonna sell most of my hifi system, and go with these. Cause getting the hifi system playing well in a room is not easy, if i use dirac or other dsp, it sounds not natural at all.

So at this price, well even at full price, these are a bargain i tell you. Audioquest could have charged alot more for these, but they did not.

I like this alot more then my Sennheiser HD800, and the Beyerdynamic t1 i had.

I like the O.G Nighthawks so much that i just ordered two of these, now i have three total.

Yes, you better belive these are some sweet headphones, love them so much cause i love the sound signature, and what they have done with the acoustics in the earcups. Belive that is a important factor.

Feb 2, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #9,739 of 10,196
........:

Which french shop exactly is selling Nighthawks for 249.- Euro? ....could you send a link? thank you!

Feb 2, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #9,741 of 10,196
Thank you, done! :)

Feb 2, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #9,743 of 10,196
Last edited:
Feb 2, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #9,745 of 10,196
Feb 2, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #9,747 of 10,196
I checked it a few days ago and there was a drop down for the UK. Decided against it in the end though after reading about import tax and customs.

Edit: Huh, just checked and it looks like they have removed the UK. All countries in the world except ours. Thanks Brexit 🤦‍♂️

Well that is unfotunate, yeah must be that. Maybe you can use a forward posting company in france. Idk if that is worth the struggle..

Feb 2, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #9,748 of 10,196
Well that is unfotunate, yeah must be that. Maybe you can use a forward posting company in france. Idk if that is worth the struggle..

Even that wouldn’t work as we have to pay import tax/customs upon delivery so the courier will want the money either way.

It’s annoying but yeah, probably easier to just keep an eye on eBay and the likes to see if anything comes up over here.

Feb 2, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #9,749 of 10,196
If anyone has played Cyberpunk, the song called Night City sounds sick through the Nighthawk.

Feb 3, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #9,750 of 10,196
So to get back to, you know, the headphones ... has anyone used these for gaming? Specifically console gaming and plugged into a controller? I believe they’re low impedance and should be fine but I also have a pair of Tygr 300R’s which are only 32ohms and they’re just about loud enough on controllers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back