AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 3, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #8,026 of 10,196
It is an emotional pressure on us 'bad guys' who don't understand a genius. Now we all should feel bad. For someone who is emotionally immature it is easier to do this instead of admitting he/she was wrong or had a bad idea.

So, "Unsubscribe" translates to "I'll take my toys and go home."

Oct 3, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #8,028 of 10,196
Well Bye.jpeg

Oct 3, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #8,030 of 10,196
Not sure why that had to be announced. It's not like typing the word actually does anything.

It serves as a good reminder. Before posting in a thread, I always search it first to ensure that I haven't previously unsubscribed myself from it. :wink:

Oct 3, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #8,031 of 10,196
It is an emotional pressure on us 'bad guys' who don't understand a genius. Now we all should feel bad. For someone who is emotionally immature it is easier to do this instead of admitting he/she was wrong or had a bad idea.

No, actually it was just an edit because I didn't want to back and forth over it.

And lol @ emotional response in a thread where people have said the dragonfly sounds better than a chord mojo and that the stock cable has "added dynamics."

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #8,032 of 10,196
No, actually it was just an edit because I didn't want to back and forth over it, but you seem very mature bringing it up days later, guess the emotional pressure worked huh?

And lol @ emotional response when people in this thread have said the dragonfly sounds better than a chord mojo and that the stock cable has "added dynamics." There's a reason that this thread is considered a joke on reddit
Oh, so the dramatic 'unsubscribed' comment was just a bluff and you are still lurking around. :) Ok then. :)

Mojo is way better than any dragonfly. Cables are a slippery slope. Using these controversial topics to hide instead of admitting a silly idea is still a bit pathetic.

We all have silly ideas there is nothing wrong with that. What makes you funny is the lack of courage to admit it.

Oct 3, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #8,033 of 10,196
Oh, so the dramatic 'unsubscribed' comment was just a bluff and you are still lurking around. :) Ok then. :)

Mojo is way better than any dragonfly. Cables are a slippery slope. Using these controversial topics to hide instead of admitting a silly idea is still a bit pathetic.

We all have silly ideas there is nothing wrong with that. What makes you funny is the lack of courage to admit it.

I wasn't lurking, the user quoted my post so I got a notification. (Just like you just did)

A lot of mods start out as silly ideas. Look at people sticking their shirt cloth in $1000 hd 800s or wrapping their grados in socks for example. Those were obviously done for different reasons, but I'm sure they were considered odd. I spend a lot of time in the m1060 thread, which obviously was a very modded headphone (and there are closed back cup mods) where asking about something to alter the headphone isn't outlandish. I wasn't suggesting anything to change the sound for the better or permanently, on the contrary I like the headphone, but it clearly leaks too much to be used as a portable, even though the sound signature isn't far off from a closed back.

And yea, it's fine to disagree, but you should be able to do so in a respectable manner which hasn't been the case. A user called me immature for unfollowing a thread, that followed by posting memes, which is pretty ironic.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #8,034 of 10,196
I wasn't lurking, the user quoted my post so I got a notification.

A lot of mods start out as silly ideas. Look at people sticking their shirt cloth in $1000 hd 800s or wrapping their grados in socks for example. Those were obviously done for different reasons, but I'm sure they were considered odd. I spend a lot of time in the m1060 thread, which obviously was a very modded headphone (and there are closed back cup mods) where asking about something to alter the headphone isn't outlandish. I wasn't suggesting anything to change the sound for the better or permanently, on the contrary I like the headphone, but it clearly leaks too much to be used as a portable, even though the sound signature isn't far off from a closed back.

And yea, it's fine to disagree, but you should be able to do so in a respectable manner which hasn't been the case. A user called me immature for unfollowing a thread, that followed by posting memes, which is pretty ironic.
You said you have unsubscribed which was obviously not true.

There is nothing wrong with modding headphones, although this is far from my interest. I think in general the manufacturer knows the best how a headphone should sound. (With the exception of some pad mods.)
Blocking the NH's grills just make them sound bad. I think this is where problems came from. Most of us can hear blocking the grills just make the NH's pretty much unlistenable. Not good even for a short walk outside...

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #8,035 of 10,196
You said you have unsubscribed which was obviously not true.

There is nothing wrong with modding headphones, although this is far from my interest. I think in general the manufacturer knows the best how a headphone should sound. (With the exception of some pad mods.)
Blocking the NH's grills just make them sound bad. I think the this is where problems came from. Most of us can hear blocking the grills just make the NH's pretty much unlistenable. Not good even for a short walk around outside...

I believe you get a notification if someone quotes you, regardless.

And I agree, I'm not heavy into modding either. All of my headphones are stock, minus eq or pads like you said. Obviously we can't agree on this, which is fine man. I literally only asked if anyone can do the render for me, I never suggested anyone else use it and even acknowledged it will alter the sound in a negative way and is for situational convenience only. So don't think I'm trying to argue that I'm right, you're wrong, because I'm not. I just was bored and wanted to try it out lol

Oct 3, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #8,036 of 10,196
I believe you get a notification if someone quotes you, regardless.

And I agree, I'm not heavy into modding either. All of my headphones are stock, minus eq or pads like you said. Obviously we can't agree on this, which is fine man. I literally only asked if anyone can do the render for me, I never suggested anyone else use it and even acknowledged it will alter the sound in a negative way and is for situational convenience only. So don't think I'm trying to argue that I'm right, you're wrong, because I'm not. I just was bored and wanted to try it out lol
No worries mate, peace and everything. It was a good idea, it just doesn't work as things are not as simple.

Oct 4, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #8,037 of 10,196
I wasn't lurking, the user quoted my post so I got a notification. (Just like you just did)

No, it isn't.

Oct 4, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #8,040 of 10,196
Some says this requires 1000h aging. Really ?

AudioQuest suggested 150 hours. I did mine for around 200 but I am not sure that there was a difference as I loved mine right out of the box. I just hooked them up to my desktop system played music from my PC through them for a couple of week... listening when I was at my desk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back