AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 12, 2020 at 4:59 PM Post #9,406 of 10,194
May 15, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #9,411 of 10,194
Already out of stock! That was fast!

I know that we are generally not allowed to post for sale notices in the discussion threads. But because here the discussion is precisely about getting extra pads (brand new), I just posted for sale two from my stock here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fs-brand-new-audioquest-leather-pads-for-nighthawk-nightowl.932337/ .

I understand if this gets deleted. My post here is not motivated by the need to sell fast (I am on the fence over keeping a large stock or not), but to help the community if someone is genuinely struggling to find these discontinued replacement pads.

May 15, 2020 at 7:58 AM Post #9,412 of 10,194
Posts usually only get taken down if someone reports them as inappropriate. Seems good to let those who still love the NH know about these first.

May 27, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #9,414 of 10,194
i've seen those cloth/knit covers on amazon/ebay, but I just opted for loose leather pieces for the sake of matching the design.

IMG_20200527_095108.jpg

May 27, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #9,415 of 10,194
Im thinking of getting a night hawk as they are very cheap now. So is it possible to buy replacement pads for it and do any other brands work for it?

May 27, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #9,416 of 10,194
Im thinking of getting a night hawk as they are very cheap now. So is it possible to buy replacement pads for it and do any other brands work for it?

The hybrid and velour pads have been unavailable for a while and it looks like the pleather pads might be gone too, I don't see anywhere to buy them anymore. Audio Advisor had some until recently, but they're no longer listed on their site. It's possible Audioquest still has some, you'd have to contact them.

I don't know of anyone making pads specifically for Audioquest headphones, but you can use other pads on them, you just need to make holes for the mounting rings and use the ones that come with the stock pads (they're removable)

May 27, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #9,417 of 10,194
The hybrid and velour pads have been unavailable for a while and it looks like the pleather pads might be gone too, I don't see anywhere to buy them anymore. Audio Advisor had some until recently, but they're no longer listed on their site. It's possible Audioquest still has some, you'd have to contact them.

I don't know of anyone making pads specifically for Audioquest headphones, but you can use other pads on them, you just need to make holes for the mounting rings and use the ones that come with the stock pads (they're removable)
Thanks. One last question would these be ok for black/death metal?

May 29, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #9,418 of 10,194
Jun 7, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #9,419 of 10,194
Did any of you guys encounter problems when using regular jack extension cables with these, too? I recently bought a good brand extension and my problem is that for it sound like they sound when plugged straight in, I need to... keep the button at the Y part of their cable pressed all the time :D It's really weird - as soon as you let go, it sounds abhorrent, as if you downgraded your cans to $30 knockoffs. And then you press it and all's perfect. Any idea why that may be? And more importantly, any idea on how to fix this, apart from taping the button in the pressed position for good? :D

Jun 7, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #9,420 of 10,194
Did any of you guys encounter problems when using regular jack extension cables with these, too? I recently bought a good brand extension and my problem is that for it sound like they sound when plugged straight in, I need to... keep the button at the Y part of their cable pressed all the time :D It's really weird - as soon as you let go, it sounds abhorrent, as if you downgraded your cans to $30 knockoffs. And then you press it and all's perfect. Any idea why that may be? And more importantly, any idea on how to fix this, apart from taping the button in the pressed position for good? :D

Your extension cable isn't playing nice with the 4-pole remote by the sound of it. Easiest fix is just getting a new cable. Just search for Sennheiser HD 700 cables on Amazon or wherever and there are plenty of options

Users who are viewing this thread

Back