AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 4, 2020 at 9:08 PM Post #9,391 of 10,196
So sorry to both. :frowning2:(((((((((((((((((((((((

Wife was tested positive on 4/15 and fortunate to have experienced a high fever for 3-4 days with no complications. She just got out of isolation today to get a 2nd test.

I acquired the Nighthawks that same week and and my 1st world problem mulling over the headband peeling is really nothing but just a positive distraction.

Regards from NJ

4/15 is the day Tom died.after both of us had been fighting it since the 5th. We were next to each other on the sofa when he quietly stopped breathing. Lockdown means I have b3n alone in house ever since.

Keep safe everyone.

...and yes, all our nitpicking over gear.mean nothing to me now.

May 5, 2020 at 7:03 AM Post #9,392 of 10,196
4/15 is the day Tom died.after both of us had been fighting it since the 5th. We were next to each other on the sofa when he quietly stopped breathing. Lockdown means I have b3n alone in house ever since.

Keep safe everyone.

Very sorry to hear this my friend, sending thoughts and prayers to you and condolences to your very lovely late husband.

Sharing in your sorrow with love and friendship.

My most heartfelt condolences. :disappointed_relieved:

May 5, 2020 at 7:33 AM Post #9,393 of 10,196

Keep safe everyone.

I’m so sorry for your loss. :frowning2: My condolences. I hope you’re hanging in there during this hard and strange time.

May 5, 2020 at 8:30 AM Post #9,395 of 10,196
Sorry to hear the sad news. Hoping conditions will improve soon in the UK and you can be with family so you can begin the long healing process.

May 5, 2020 at 8:34 AM Post #9,396 of 10,196
I’m so sorry for your loss. :frowning2: My condolences. I hope you’re hanging in there during this hard and strange time.
Did you ever have contact with him in threads? Ithink there maybe there are more people than I realized who have no idea. The earbud community knows. This discovery thread. Another thread where we both hung out. But he was active in many headphone threads and other audio gear. He had thousands of posts.

He was never in this thread. He did listen to my Hawks a couple of times but he was obsessed with hearing everything. He found the positive in most things. Both of our lists are far too long but not because we were dissatisfied... Just an insatiable curiosity Him more rhan me.I

t was always about the music. I have seen him enjoy his music just as much with a $20 earbud as a $1400 headphone.

May 5, 2020 at 8:44 AM Post #9,397 of 10,196
Sorry to hear the sad news. Hoping conditions will improve soon in the UK and you can be with family so you can begin the long healing process.

My family is all in America. Is there healing? My mind keeps trying make it untrue.

I certainly never healed from the suicide death of my younger son in 2010. Tom held me together...barely. He is the one I need to hold me together now. The irony of that would not be lost on him.

I have not been out of the house in 5 weeks. No end in sight here.

May 5, 2020 at 8:59 AM Post #9,398 of 10,196
So very sorry about your wife. I just lost my husband @HungryPanda just under 3 weeks ago to Covid 19. Obviously I don't have to tell you how devastated I am. I have been unable to listen to music yet. Maybe the Nighthawks when I am ready.
My condolences to you as well. It feels like a big part of yourself has been ripped away.

Bern

May 5, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #9,399 of 10,196
Did you ever have contact with him in threads? Ithink there maybe there are more people than I realized who have no idea. The earbud community knows. This discovery thread. Another thread where we both hung out. But he was active in many headphone threads and other audio gear. He had thousands of posts.

He was never in this thread. He did listen to my Hawks a couple of times but he was obsessed with hearing everything. He found the positive in most things. Both of our lists are far too long but not because we were dissatisfied... Just an insatiable curiosity Him more rhan me.I

t was always about the music. I have seen him enjoy his music just as much with a $20 earbud as a $1400 headphone.

I had come in contact with him some in the Beyer T1.2 thread and a few other threads and saw him in many more I was reading.

That is a great way to approach this hobby and honestly life in general, curiosity of things and finding the positive side of things. Many get too wrapped up on the negative side of things and being dissatisfied; myself including admittedly.

It is about the music in the end and the passion of listening.

My family is all in America. Is there healing? My mind keeps trying make it untrue.

I certainly never healed from the suicide death of my younger son in 2010. Tom held me together...barely. He is the one I need to hold me together now. The irony of that would not be lost on him.

I have not been out of the house in 5 weeks. No end in sight here.

I’m so sorry to hear that, the isolation is truly terrible. Wounds of the heart are deep and truly hard to mend. Losing a loved one is like losing a piece of your soul. I can’t imagine what you’re going through right now.

May 5, 2020 at 9:37 AM Post #9,400 of 10,196
It is about the music in the end and the passion of listening.

We met through our love of music..each on opposite sides of the ocean.

We both were always more excited about a new album from an artist we liked or discovering a new artist or an old artist that was new to us than by any new gear....especially once we had too much gear. Sometimes I felt like we were drowning in it.

I used to often think that no lifetime was long
enough to properly enjoy what we had

I feel like he was murdered right in front of me.

May 5, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #9,401 of 10,196

I've met him a few times within those threads, was ALWAYS a pleasure to speak with and learn from He will be sorely missed my dear. A top bloke!

Very surreal moment one must be going through such as yourself @mbwilson111, take one step at a time, I guess, words can't convey much except my sincere condolences my dear!

May 11, 2020 at 4:37 AM Post #9,402 of 10,196
So very sorry about your wife. I just lost my husband @HungryPanda just under 3 weeks ago to Covid 19. Obviously I don't have to tell you how devastated I am. I have been unable to listen to music yet. Maybe the Nighthawks when I am ready.
I'm so very sorry for your loss. I've interacted with you or commented on posts you've made on this thread several times over the last couple years. I haven't been very active as of late due to being extremely tired from 12hr nonstop shifts at my hospital. I'm a Respiratory Therapist. I can't imagine what you are feeling, and I'm sure it's little to no consolation, but the Head-fi community sends warm thoughts and prayers your way. This is a more difficult time than any to be dealing with the loss of a loved one. We are with you in Spirit. Try to take it one day at a time, one step at a time. I really don't know what to say, but I felt compelled to at the very least share that the community cares.

May 11, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #9,403 of 10,196
We met through our love of music..each on opposite sides of the ocean.

We both were always more excited about a new album from an artist we liked or discovering a new artist or an old artist that was new to us than by any new gear....especially once we had too much gear. Sometimes I felt like we were drowning in it.

I used to often think that no lifetime was long
enough to properly enjoy what we had

I feel like he was murdered right in front of me.
I am also shocked to hear this. I remember having conversations with him on the forums as well as with you some time ago. I knew your husband was an audio fan too, but never made the connection between your forum names. My heart is reaching out to you from the UK.

May 11, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #9,404 of 10,196
I am also shocked to hear this. I remember having conversations with him on the forums as well as with you some time ago. I knew your husband was an audio fan too, but never made the connection between your forum names. My heart is reaching out to you from the UK.
Thanks to you and everyone else. Threads in which we both participated did know us as a couple. BTW I am also in the UK but I am an American. He was a Scot living in London when we met 17 years ago....online in an area for music lovers. No one spoke much about what gear we were using. It really was all about the music...until it wasn't and he flew across the ocean to Michigan for the first of several visits.

The immigration process was difficult but we made it in the end. We married in 2006 Now it is over and I am lost without him

He was an essential worker for the NHS. We have lost many. We were careful but this thing is evil. I wish he could have stayed home.

I have not been able to listen to music since it happened except to select songs for the funeral.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back