AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 1, 2018 at 6:42 PM Post #7,471 of 10,196
Since i still want to try the Hybrid Pads on my Nightowl and those are nowhere available I was thinking on just buying the Nighthawks again, using those Hybrid Pads on the NO and using the Microsuede on the Nighthawk.

Can anyone tell me how the Microsuede Pads change sound on the Hawk? I did not like the bloated mid bass too much on the NH which is why i sold them, but mabye the Microsuede could actually fix that?

I think the NO and NH is so different that you could actually own both :p
https://artsexcellence.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Nighthawk

Good luck :.)

Feb 2, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #7,472 of 10,196
Ordered my pads directly from Audioquest, via email. I emailed back and forth with a rep from there and that is how my transaction was processed. Try amejia@audioquest.com
Tried that and was told i actually cant to it and gotta order it from any Audioquest Dealer (but none of them lists the pads so boo!)

I saw those, but paying 80€ in the end for some pads (which should be49$ which is still a lot), i can add 150 to that and order a brand new Nighthawk.

Feb 2, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #7,473 of 10,196
Feb 2, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #7,474 of 10,196
Can anyone tell me how the Microsuede Pads change sound on the Hawk?

I tried a couple of tines and didn’t like at all. Too lifeless.

But I want to retry more and for a more long time.

Still didn’t ordered the hybrid but curios (I owe the Hawk).

Feb 2, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #7,475 of 10,196
I saw those, but paying 80€ in the end for some pads (which should be49$ which is still a lot), i can add 150 to that and order a brand new Nighthawk.
:astonished:WOW! Where do you live, the darkside of the moon? I ordered several times there and it’s just the listed price plus 7€ for the postman so he can feed his kids. 80€ is ridiculous.

Feb 3, 2018 at 4:50 AM Post #7,476 of 10,196
:astonished:WOW! Where do you live, the darkside of the moon? I ordered several times there and it’s just the listed price plus 7€ for the postman so he can feed his kids. 80€ is ridiculous.
In germany. Its 60€ + 16€ shipping, which is just too much for pads only :S As i said you can get new Nighthawks on Ebay for 279 and sometimes theres discount codes.

Still like to hear more on the Nighthawk with Microsuede pads though!

Feb 3, 2018 at 7:28 AM Post #7,479 of 10,196
If you own the Nighthawk Carbon shouldnt you have the MS pads included?

I meant, I will give more days to myself to try the MS pads tha I already own instead to spend 80 euros for ordering the hybrids.

Until today I only gave up after a few of hours listening the MS. Wanna give the last chance (and a hope to my pocket).

Feb 3, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #7,480 of 10,196
I meant, I will give more days to myself to try the MS pads tha I already own instead to spend 80 euros for ordering the hybrids.

Until today I only gave up after a few of hours listening the MS. Wanna give the last chance (and a hope to my pocket).
Sorry to do this too you, but unless all you listen to is orchestral music, I'm sure you'll end up disappointed. IllI use the MS pads for classical, but that's about it. Too mouxh of that mid bass is lacking, and it takes away from vocal presentation and some meatier instruments, IMO. The hybrid pads are a must have for anyone who isn't keen on the treblw presentation of the Boost pads.

Feb 4, 2018 at 4:20 AM Post #7,482 of 10,196
Few questions. I only have the original pads that come with the wooden model. Do the leather pads have any difference to what comes with the wooden ones? I'm considering buying the Hybrid pads from Audioquest, but I wanted to check if the leather are worth getting at all too given what I already own.

Secondly, is the Dragonfly Red the best valued DAC+AMP for these headphones or is their another one worth looking into?

Feb 4, 2018 at 4:42 AM Post #7,483 of 10,196
Few questions. I only have the original pads that come with the wooden model. Do the leather pads have any difference to what comes with the wooden ones? I'm considering buying the Hybrid pads from Audioquest, but I wanted to check if the leather are worth getting at all too given what I already own.

Secondly, is the Dragonfly Red the best valued DAC+AMP for these headphones or is their another one worth looking into?
The original wooden pads are the hybrid pads! You could get the "Boost" pads which boost the treble a bit or the Microsuede which remove midbass. I own the Nightowl and i gotta say the Dragonfly Red with the NO is a really good pairing. I think you get 99% of the performance of a 1000€+ amp setup.

Feb 4, 2018 at 4:59 AM Post #7,485 of 10,196
I only have the original pads that come with the wooden model

Ha, good to know the hybrids are what the originals are. I might give the boost pads a try.

For what I read around you only need to stick to your pads, they are the best in balance, and you're lucky because I will spend an exagerated amount of money to get your pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back