AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 16, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #631 of 10,196
Skylar, I would definitely have to agree with you. My Original Electronics Master headphone amp's output impedance is a bit higher than you'd probably recommend, but over many, many listening sessions, I have found that it matches up very well with the NightHawks, to the point where I have stopped thinking about upgrading and am just totally enjoying the music as this combo reproduces it. So yes, don't just go by the numbers, and don't just give an amp one shot to impress, give it multiple chances. You may just come away surprised.

Oct 16, 2015 at 7:33 AM Post #632 of 10,196
My Aune T1mk2 has an output of I think 10 ohms and it sounds perfect with my Nighthawks. 

Oct 16, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #633 of 10,196
  My Aune T1mk2 has an output of I think 10 ohms and it sounds perfect with my Nighthawks. 

Thanks for the info, rather than keep hearing the familiar songs that we may have numb a little or lose the feeling of euphoric, I think exploring new genres that could arouse us with a better experience how good NightHawk can deliver, the same for other headphones. I guess any song with Steinway grand piano will make music sounds enjoyable.

Oct 16, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #635 of 10,196
i just got them too and they are quite comfortable (though I wish they would be just a tad bigger around my ears) and they are great for non-audiophile crowd who listens to anything. are they as impressive as hd800 with 5k apex teton i used to have? No, but their listenability factor is high. Actually they remind me of my Audioengine A5+ speakers that i have...

Oct 16, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #637 of 10,196
Anyone heard about the new Chord DAC/Amp Mojo? Retail $599.00 - thinking about picking it up to pair with NH.

I'm hoping to audition it in the near future through a Canadian loaner program. Very curious to see how it not only performs with NightHawk but how it holds up in comparison to the Bimby/Asgard 2 combo.

Oct 16, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #638 of 10,196

I'm hoping to audition it in the near future through a Canadian loaner program. Very curious to see how it not only performs with NightHawk but how it holds up in comparison to the Bimby/Asgard 2 combo.

Looks like a very nice unit, odd glowing control bubbles notwithstanding. How's the Schiit stack holding up?

best,

o

Oct 16, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #639 of 10,196
hello there skylar,would there be any silver headphone cables for NH in production from Audioquest? I would love to purchase about an 8FT one if available - if not, any plans for it? Thank you,

We are working on a perfect-surface, solid silver conductor version of the NH cable. I can't say exactly when it will be available, but should be sometime in 2016.

Oct 17, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #643 of 10,196
Skylar,

For the life of me I just don't get the audiophile world (and I've been a working member for over 15 years now). You and the good folks at AudioQuest have brought out a world class headphone, one that not only can stand with the best around, but is musically fulfilling as well and super comfortable too, and all I read is - "why isn't there this" or "when are you going to do that" or "I want this." Can't we just be happy that the NightHawks exist as they are? Why diminish the enjoyablity of these wonderful headphones by complaining about what they aren't or what we don't have (yet)?) Can't we just enjoy them now as they are? If improvements come, they come. If not, what have we lost? We already have some of the best (and far and away the most comfortable) headphone extant NOW! I for one, while always interested in whats next from the great minds of the audio industry, am more then happy to slip on my NightHawks and just enjoy the way they reproduce my favorite music (and amke music that I hadn't realized was a favorite till I heard it though the NightHawks into favorites). 

So chill folks. What will come will come, in its own good time. When/If that happens, we can up our enjoyment factor (or not, depending on how we individually feel). But for now, lets be happy we have a product as good as the NightHawks to enjoy NOW.

John (A happy NightHawks owner who has no plans to look back or ahead, but just enjoy the here and now.)

Oct 17, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #644 of 10,196
I've been wearing Nighthawks at ADE in Amsterdam and I believe I've converted at least 3 people to Nighthawk worshippers, Skylar will be getting their orders very soon

Oct 17, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #645 of 10,196
  I've been wearing Nighthawks at ADE in Amsterdam and I believe I've converted at least 3 people to Nighthawk worshippers, Skylar will be getting their orders very soon

Very nice!!!
960x600q=90_1500x844q=90_ADE151017EP0A2791_26795909_68259_68261_68265_440x440_90_1_0_c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back