AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 4, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #5,281 of 10,196
  Has anyone emailed Audioquest  (reference buying the new Ultra Suede / Boost pads for the Nighthawk) and heard back from them yet . . ? i followed Skylar's advice and emailed Audioquest a few days ago to try and order a pair of the Ultra Suede ear pads but have not heard back from them yet , i guess they're busy , . . i'm just keen to get hold of the new ear pads.

I emailed them as well, and as of yet, no response.  I'm eager to try the boost pads, but I'm reconciled to a restive wait.  Patience is a virtue I haven't quite mastered yet. 

Jan 4, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #5,282 of 10,196
  Has anyone emailed Audioquest  (reference buying the new Ultra Suede / Boost pads for the Nighthawk) and heard back from them yet . . ? i followed Skylar's advice and emailed Audioquest a few days ago to try and order a pair of the Ultra Suede ear pads but have not heard back from them yet , i guess they're busy , . . i'm just keen to get hold of the new ear pads.

No response after 5 days for me...

Jan 4, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #5,283 of 10,196

Same here.

Jan 4, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #5,284 of 10,196
I will try the new pads, when they will be available. In the meantime I am just enjoying my Nighthawks. Why would I make my life miserable with impatience?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 4, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #5,285 of 10,196
  I will try the new pads, when they will be available. In the meantime I am just enjoying my Nighthawks. Why would I make my life miserable with impatience?
smily_headphones1.gif

No misery here, buddy, just a lot of midnight hand-wringing, topped off with some hard drinking usually directly from a brown liquor bottle. OK, I can't lie to you in good conscience anymore: I'm all too familiar with Misery. She's a cruel, implacable mistress, and I can't rid myself of her. I've told her to “pack up and leave” countless times; I've told her, “I don't love you,” and “My true love—the Nighthawk boost padswill arrive at any moment.And how does she respond to me? She chucks me on the chin, and after settling in again, she drinks all my booze and smokes all my cigarettes. 

beerchug.gif

Jan 4, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #5,286 of 10,196
  No misery here, buddy, just a lot of midnight hand-wringing, topped off with some hard drinking usually directly from a brown liquor bottle. OK, I can't lie to you in good conscience anymore: I'm all too familiar with Misery. She's a cruel, implacable mistress, and I can't rid myself of her. I've told her to “pack up and leave” countless times; I've told her, “I don't love you,” and “My true love—the Nighthawk boost padswill arrive at any moment.And how does she respond to me? She chucks me on the chin, and after settling in again, she drinks all my booze and smokes all my cigarettes. 

beerchug.gif

I'm sure Skylar is not happy with the bureaucracy at Audioquest not having the Boost or US pads ready for sale to patiently waiting NH buyers..................

Jan 4, 2017 at 10:38 PM Post #5,287 of 10,196
I have now reached well beyond 150 hours with my Night Owl headphones. I love both of these ear goggles.

Hey leomitch, just wondering if you mind sharing with us what's the isolation and sound leakage like for the Nightowl, will it be ok to use it during daily transit/ on the plane/ and in some very quiet environment such as work place or library?

Thanks!

Jan 5, 2017 at 12:46 AM Post #5,288 of 10,196
  I am not certain the old almost 3M long cable will still be avaiable since they are having problems with it. The silver oxidizes  and causes drop outs so you only hear one channel. I tried using a silver polishing cloth and even 000 steel wool t clean the connections to no avail. Disappointing! The balanced cable they built for me went the same way and I got no replacement for it though it stopped working properly after a few short months, at  a cost of nearly $200 Canadian counting delivery. Very disappointing. Luckily the headphones are both top notch!

Leo

mad.gif
blink.gif
What's the use of a fine headphone when your cable fails and no replacement is available?

I'm sure Skylar is not happy with the bureaucracy at Audioquest not having the Boost or US pads ready for sale to patiently waiting NH buyers..................

I hope Mr. @SkylarGray is also not happy with what is still going on with the cable / jack / adapter issues (see description above by leomitch, my own experience and multiple other reports in this thread and elsewhere).
What is so difficult for a premium cable producer to deliver REALLY durable cables in at least two different lengths?

Jan 5, 2017 at 6:47 AM Post #5,289 of 10,196
Hey leomitch, just wondering if you mind sharing with us what's the isolation and sound leakage like for the Nightowl, will it be ok to use it during daily transit/ on the plane/ and in some very quiet environment such as work place or library?

Thanks!

All I know is that my wife with her Ninja hearing skills has not been able to complain about sound leakage from my NO's. So these are better than the NH's for sure. I am certain you will not be bothering many people with your music if you are using the NO's! I will test them further in the p.m. using my grandson's acute hearing and I will get back to you later.

Leo

Jan 5, 2017 at 7:22 AM Post #5,290 of 10,196

Thanks!

All I know is that my wife with her Ninja hearing skills has not been able to complain about sound leakage from my NO's. So these are better than the NH's for sure. I am certain you will not be bothering many people with your music if you are using the NO's! I will test them further in the p.m. using my grandson's acute hearing and I will get back to you later.

Leo

HAPPY NEW EAR.

The solution might be to buy your good wife her own Nightowls.

Jan 5, 2017 at 8:02 AM Post #5,291 of 10,196
HAPPY NEW EAR.

The solution might be to buy your good wife her own Nightowls.

You have got to be kidding!! My wife thinks a boom box makes adequate sound and that my DAC's, headphones etc. are just my toys and not really necessary to listen to and enjoy music. The same goes for nearly every woman I have ever met. There are exceptions, but my lady is not one of them! LOL!

Leo

Jan 5, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #5,292 of 10,196
These headphones are great but I have one issue that just made me pretty mad.

The stock headphone cables, I knew I was taking a risk, but I didn't know they were this bad. I haven't had my headphones for 2 weeks and the cable is already giving me problems. So I opted for the other cable it came with and very first use, same issue. I've made sure to be extremely delicate with both of them as I'm in college was lack the money for additional cables at the moment.

Is there any known fix for this or feasibly priced cables I can save up for?

Jan 5, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #5,293 of 10,196

The stock headphone cables, I knew I was taking a risk, but I didn't know they were this bad. I haven't had my headphones for 2 weeks and the cable is already giving me problems. So I opted for the other cable it came with and very first use, same issue. I've made sure to be extremely delicate with both of them as I'm in college was lack the money for additional cables at the moment.

Are you using the adapter?  Some have complained about that.

Bern

Jan 5, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #5,294 of 10,196

You should contact Audioquest for warranty replacement. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back