AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 30, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #3,422 of 10,196
I upgraded my cable with a Moon Audio Blue Dragon and never looked back... the original I had was chewed on by my cat 
eek.gif

Aug 30, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #3,426 of 10,196
Hello,

Apologies for any confusion. I mean it is the revised version of the Nighthawks Cable as there was a Production Iteration on the Nighthawks cables and this is why some people have issues and others do not.

The Cable looks the same but feels solid and tougher at the Amp End- where my previous cable easily broke/tore.

I understand there is a NEW Nightowls Cable which will also be shipped with new Nighthawks and available as an optional purchase/accessories. I Do not know how it looks. Perhaps this second iteration of the Nighthawks Cable is the same, but that is only speculative and I have no idea.

Sep 9, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #3,435 of 10,196
In terms of the NH burning in - Does all of the 150-200 hours of burn in need to be consistent? Will I get the same sound improvement with inconsistently burn in?

Yeah. That "200 hours" is a total ballpark. It's more like people saying after that long suddenly something "clicks". Either it's the driver being warmed up or your ears adjusting, I dunno. Just listen to them normally for a little while. If you're liking what you hear, awesome. If not, they won't suddenly blossom into a new headphone that works for ya. No worries either way. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back