AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today
Feb 1, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #241 of 957
Is it going to be that easy to hold onto your money till it comes out? You won't be spending time on the forums reading about headphones people already know how they sound and then want to buy them more?

I have to wait til April for my income tax return. I'm pretty sure I don't have a choice and these will be released by then. Plus they are cheaper than the Audeze EL-8 and HE-1000 and look nicer too

Feb 2, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #243 of 957
I need a Canadian tax return....in US dollars
frown.gif

Feb 11, 2015 at 1:02 AM Post #244 of 957
A lot of places sell AudioQuest cables in Australia, so I am hoping those same places will have this baby on display to demo once it becomes available. Here is also hoping a major price hike (relative to other regions) doesn't happen once/if it hits our shores, considering this is what happens with everything else.

Love the look and the attention to detail of this headphone. As an existing owner of the B&W P7, while I love the sound, it tends to leave a hotspot on top of my head within 30 minutes of use, so this could very well be my next headphone if price, sound and comfort all fit the bill.

Feb 26, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #245 of 957
What has happened to the Nighthawk? Is it stillborn?

Feb 27, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #247 of 957
They have been advertising them in the audio mags for several months now. Either drive it or park it.

Feb 27, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #249 of 957
You sure love your metaphors Beagle.   Patience young padawan. 
L3000.gif

Considering he's been a Head-Fi member since 2001, I'm not sure how applicable the "young padawn" part is. But patience is a virtue for everyone.

Feb 27, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #250 of 957
Remember when you used to see an ad for something....and you could go out and buy it?

Feb 27, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #251 of 957
  What has happened to the Nighthawk? Is it stillborn?

When developing a product with as much new technology and materials as NightHawk, there can be delays. In fact, there probably will be delays! Such is the nature of building physical things.
NightHawk is a strange case where we were given a couple awards before we planned to announce the product. This is why the wait has seemed so long. Trust that between myself and the rest of the AQ team, we are literally working around the clock on building these headphones. I can only respectfully ask for your patience.

A great way to stay updated with information about NightHawk's availability is to sign up to our mailing list here:

http://nighthawk.audioquest.com/#updates

We sent an email to our subscribers the first week of February, notifying them that our *expected* shipping date is April.

In the meantime, you can check out my Twitter and Instagram (@_skylargray), as I tend to post behind-the-scenes development updates from time to time. This is a good way to track progress as well.

Finally, following AudioQuest on Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / Tumblr is an awesome way to get advance notice of shows and events where we are demonstrating NightHawk. Just since January, we have attended several events across the US, UK, Germany, Netherlands, Thailand, Japan, and I'm sure other places I'm not even aware of! Hundreds of listeners have already given us feedback at these shows—something I always love to see and hear. Definitely hit us up on social media! I hope there is a NightHawk event near you soon.

Thanks for your patience, cool dudes & dudettes!

Skylar Gray

Feb 28, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #252 of 957

Thanks very much for the update, Skylar. I had been looking forward to the Nighthawk for a while now and it seemed like the trail suddenly went cold.....got me a bit frustrated. I will sit tight and be patient. If it means getting the best Nighthawk possible, it will be well worth it
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 28, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #254 of 957
I think people on Head-Fi is too used to all of these overexposes, over-hypes and over-advertising tactics.

People from AudioQuest does not post stuffs daily, and they do not have someone aggressively hyping upcoming product. But it does not mean the product is dead.

I have a quick question to Mr.Gray tho... After CES 2015, did you guys do some sonic changes on the headphones? I made the comment that the headphone is slightly lacking treble. I wonder if there has been any adjustments.

Feb 28, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #255 of 957
I think people on Head-Fi is too used to all of these overexposes, over-hypes and over-advertising tactics.

People from AudioQuest does not post stuffs daily, and they do not have someone aggressively hyping upcoming product. But it does not mean the product is dead.

I have a quick question to Mr.Gray tho... After CES 2015, did you guys do some sonic changes on the headphones? I made the comment that the headphone is slightly lacking treble. I wonder if there has been any adjustments.

In other words: you people should stop expecting constant info updates. And hey, I want info updates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back