AudioQuest Dragonfly vs. Arcam rPac vs. Audioengine D1 vs. HRT Music Streamer II
Nov 3, 2012 at 11:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

marcosavc

New Head-Fier
Ok folks, I'm a college student with a budget, and after hours of online research, these are the best DACs I found. Now, I really need your help eliminating, and comparing and contrasting these, since I can't compare all four of them anywhere close to where I live. Also, I don't care about features, all I want to know is which one will produce the BEST sound. My current set up is a late 2011 Macbook Pro with its standard sound card, Channel D Pure Music iTunes plug-in, and a pair of Audioengine A2, which I will be connecting the DAC to, obviously. And yes, most of my music library is in Apple Lossless codec. HELP! Please and thank you.

Nov 4, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #2 of 4
I've heard the Audioengine D1 directly into IEMs (Westone 4).  Good but not great.

My son has the Dragonfly/Audioengine A2 combo in his dorm room, and except for the lack of low bass, it kills.

Nov 6, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #3 of 4
thanks dude, you, along with a few others, have just helped me in eliminating the D1 as an option from now on. Still, do you have any idea of how the Dragonfly compares to the relatively new rPAC and the Music Streamer II?

Nov 7, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
thanks dude, you, along with a few others, have just helped me in eliminating the D1 as an option from now on. Still, do you have any idea of how the Dragonfly compares to the relatively new rPAC and the Music Streamer II?

If you're in SoCal or the Seattle area, you can probably hear both the Dragonfly and the rPAC at Magnolia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back