AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp
Feb 8, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #1,696 of 2,514
O2 is a great amplifier for the price. Ive never tried it with the HD600 so idk what the synergy is like but i can say its a great amp that definitely has the power for the H600

Feb 8, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #1,697 of 2,514
Sorry to hijack the topic but after some research (thanks Head-Fi...!), I think the DF would be a nice fit for my HD650s.
I was wondering how much would cost a dragonfly second hand as I'm in Canada and people there tend to sell it for $155 to 185,(no, I'm serious...), so perhaps after that I can make a informed decision and start watching the trade threads here.

Feb 8, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #1,698 of 2,514
Not sure what kind of price you're willing to pay but the going rate is $150 in Canada if you look around.  I got the DF 1.2 new for less than that (I've dealt this this store for years and can negotiate :) and sold my 1.0 for $90.  There are a lot of stores around still at the original prices. It's $150 at Headphone Bar including shipping but not taxes. You can check out the used market (Canuck Audio Mart) but they seem to sell fast. I think the 1.0 might be better for the HD650.  Pair it up with a Schiit Vali later on and you've got yourself a pretty sweet little system.
Quote:

Feb 8, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #1,699 of 2,514
Thanks for the heads up. Actually, I found some local stores which sell it. I wanted to buy second hand as I already have a Aune T1 and I'm not sure yet if that's really The one for my HD650s. I'd like to try both and then decide on which one to keep.

And yes, the prices I've quoted before are from CanuckAudio... :)

Feb 10, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #1,703 of 2,514
I just picked up one of the V1.0 Dragonflys and am getting the occasional quick pop and click out of it occasionally, especially if I am doing something else on my PC. Other than that, I'm quite enjoying it.

I don't experience this with a Schitt Modi - are there any known issues like this? Does it sound like a defective unit?

Any feedback appreciated.

Feb 10, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #1,704 of 2,514
  I just picked up one of the V1.0 Dragonflys and am getting the occasional quick pop and click out of it occasionally, especially if I am doing something else on my PC. Other than that, I'm quite enjoying it.

I don't experience this with a Schitt Modi - are there any known issues like this? Does it sound like a defective unit?

Any feedback appreciated.

I've never had this issues on Windows 7 & 8. 

Feb 10, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #1,705 of 2,514
I used to have issues with windows 8 before any updates. I updated everything including the free upgrade to 8.1 and since then I havent heard a single click or pop, if anything it sounds better! And yes Audioquest acknowledged the clicking issue with windows 8 and has since fixed it. make sure your computer is up to date and let us know if that fixes it! I hope it does because that clicking drove me absolutely insane.

Feb 10, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #1,706 of 2,514
I am running Windows 7 so that's not the issue.

I may have it isolated though - may just be a cable issue or at least a cable seating issue.. Had it connected via a Mediabridge USB extender. Connected directly to my USB port and the issue seems to have resolved.

Thanks for the feedback.

Feb 11, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #1,709 of 2,514
Be careful with your decision. I would advise you to purchase the Dragonfly first to see if it meets your needs. I suspect there are some trade offs between the two, power being one.

Bob Graham

Users who are viewing this thread

Back