AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp
Nov 29, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #1,369 of 2,514
  BTW you can check the version number of your DF on a Mac under "system information" app in the USB section under hardware. Click the DragonFly. Here's a 1.0c:

Should be possible in Windows or Linux (lsusb -v or something) but I don't have my desktop with me so I can't verify. 

I guess there was never a 1.1 since this one was bought very recently. 

There seems to be some revisions of the hardware:

- Dark DragonFly text (1.0?)
- Light DragonFly text (after 1.0?)
- Light DragonFly text + FCC logos in white on the bottom (1.0c+?)

Inclusion of leather pouch/cloth pouch doesn't seem to have any bearing on actual version number but it often corresponds because the cloth pouch was only shipped with early units... 

All but about the first 500 devices were version 1.1.  

Nov 29, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #1,371 of 2,514
  Thanks, I just read audiostream, and it appears the new version blows the older one out of the water in terms of clarity and airiness so I think I might wait to simply purchase the new version if it ever goes on sale between $100-$150. 

I will probably have one next week.  I will post my impressions.  If what AudioStream says is true, we are in for a treat.  

Nov 29, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #1,373 of 2,514
Can someone confirm if the new one does in fact sounds better? I just got one and I can't say I am blown away vs what I have built into my laptop (realtek HD)

Nov 29, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #1,375 of 2,514
I have the Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro. I was surprised myself being that it should be a no brainer with the DF's specs and integrated audio having the awful reputation that it does.

Nov 30, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #1,378 of 2,514
I am testing with the Westone 4 IEM's as well as V-Moda V-80's
Source is my laptop running MusicBee with Flac files outputting WASAPI

Users who are viewing this thread

Back