AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp
Apr 25, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #2,315 of 2,514
Any of you experiencing EMI when using the DF with your phones?

Apr 26, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #2,317 of 2,514
Got my Red this afternoon.  Similar packaging as its predecessors.  The shiny red paint is damn sexy despite being a little slippery.  So far, the hype/positive press impressions is warranted based on initial impressions from both my laptop and smart phone.  More to come by the weekend.

Thinking about picking up the Nighthawks to test out its synergy.

Apr 26, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #2,318 of 2,514
  The shiny red paint is damn sexy despite being a little slippery.

Haha yep. I kind of prefer the matte design because I'm afraid to break the thing when trying to remove the cap. It looks good though.

Yeah unfortunately I don't have much to add to the noise (hence why I didn't post my impressions) and I didn't get to compare it with the 1.2 yet. Simply put, it's definitely worth the money I put down for it and the form-factor allows me to use it at home and at work. With both my HD598 and Hammerheads I can hear a clear difference between the Red and crappy laptop chip and my Xonar DX in my desktop.

Apr 26, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #2,320 of 2,514
I'll add my impressions later tonight when my Red gets delivered. I have the 8ohm Dunu DN-2000J and the only things they don't hiss with are my Galaxy S6 Active and Massdrop O2, although the O2 picks up EMI like white puppy hairs on a black tshirt.

Apr 26, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #2,321 of 2,514

I am really looking forward to your review. I demoed the Red using my Shure se846 (9 ohm, high sensitivity) and there was almost no hiss. I said "almost" because I demoed it in a store so there might have been some hissing that I did not detect :)  

Apr 26, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #2,322 of 2,514
I'll add my impressions later tonight when my Red gets delivered. I have the 8ohm Dunu DN-2000J and the only things they don't hiss with are my Galaxy S6 Active and Massdrop O2, although the O2 picks up EMI like white puppy hairs on a black tshirt.

I am really looking forward to your review. I demoed the Red using my Shure se846 (9 ohm, high sensitivity) and there was almost no hiss. I said "almost" because I demoed it in a store so there might have been some hissing that I did not detect :)  

Apr 26, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #2,323 of 2,514
I'm pretty sure there is no hiss. I live in a not so quiet neighborhood, but it's silent. I'm burning it in now via Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix. Impressions once I spend a few hours listening to music with them tomorrow.

Apr 26, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #2,325 of 2,514
I'm pretty sure there is no hiss. I live in a not so quiet neighborhood, but it's silent. I'm burning it in now via Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix. Impressions once I spend a few hours listening to music with them tomorrow.

Burning in something with "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" is the kind of irony I love :)

I'm excited for my Dragonfly Red to get in tomorrow, but I have a concert to go to tomorrow night, which will keep me from listening to it much right away. "Oh no, I can't listen to music because I have to go and listen to music!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back