Audiophilleo 1 and 2 USB to S/PDIF transport
Sep 13, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #1,081 of 1,214
Thanks John, but I just sold my V800 a couple of days ago, and actually missed its sound, really :<, it was a great DAC.

If I can afford to keep it, I would, but sometimes budget becomes a issue, and I have to let something go to try the new stuff. And good news is I'll be pairing the AP2+PP with the new NAD M51, really exited about trying that combo when they arrive.

Btw John, I really enjoyed reading your AP1+PP review, love your writing style lol, and im actually intrigued to try the AP+PP.

Sep 13, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #1,082 of 1,214
  Thanks John, but I just sold my V800 a couple of days ago, and actually missed its sound, really :<, it was a great DAC.

If I can afford to keep it, I would, but sometimes budget becomes a issue, and I have to let something go to try the new stuff. And good news is I'll be pairing the AP2+PP with the new NAD M51, really exited about trying that combo when they arrive.

Btw John, I really enjoyed reading your AP1+PP review, love your writing style lol, and im actually intrigued to try the AP+PP.

You will be very pleased with Nad M51 and AP + PP (tons of resolution).

Sep 14, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #1,083 of 1,214
Has anyone experienced the problem with their DAC and AP properly locking with 24/192 material? This is the first converter Chord DAC64 has problems with.
mad.gif

Sep 14, 2013 at 6:00 AM Post #1,085 of 1,214
It is more likely to be an issue with the USB from your computer. 

Sep 14, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #1,089 of 1,214
Don't think the AP2 supports 24/192 properly. Mine plays some 24/192 files with no problems; others it clicks like mad.

have AP2 with PP unit and no issues with 24/192khz files. i use Mac Mini and Audirvana Plus, both do excellent job.
it would make sense to try your unit on another PC and if problem persist then exchange your AP2.

but like the others suggested this is most likely the problem of driver software or perhaps the file itself...? do not know. i would go to exclude all software issues before blaming hardware.

one addition, Audiphilleo is a company run by audio enthusiast and offers great response and service unlike some bigger names. so if you decide to exchange your unit i am sure you will be treated well. i have also Metrum DAC and 1p2 which are made similarly by great enthusiasts and i never had a better service because their owners understand us audiphilles and our concerns so well.

Sep 14, 2013 at 6:39 AM Post #1,090 of 1,214
It'll be the driver (or lack of). I vaguely remember reading something about one needing to be installed for 24/92 but I forgot all about it. Having only one 24/192 file on my computer it's not really that important to me.

I'll download the driver anyway and report back.

Sep 14, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #1,093 of 1,214
Yep, I'm a Windows user. It doesn't seem so long ago when it was the other way round: Mac users having to install all the annoying drivers. Everything is Mac native these days.

It's not really that the Audiophilleo is Mac native, but rather that the newer OSX versions (I believe Snow Leopard 10.6.4 and newer) support USB Audio Class 2 protocol, while Windows 7 does not.

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #1,094 of 1,214
Has anyone experienced the problem with their DAC and AP properly locking with 24/192 material? This is the first converter Chord DAC64 has problems with. :mad:

I have used HIface, Hiface2, iLink and didn't have any issues. So this is combo of AP and Chord, perhaps receiver is more sensitive as Burson Conductor works just fine. Weird.

Sep 14, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #1,095 of 1,214
I had the same problem when I got my AP2. I contacted Philip at Audiophilleo, he then sent me a driver to play 24/192 and the magic came!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back