Audiophilleo 1 and 2 USB to S/PDIF transport
Apr 13, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #1,201 of 1,214
  According to Rob Watts, the new 2Qutes have galvanically isolated USB, so the APs might not make any significant difference. I know that when I run my Hugo using a Schiit Wyrd USB isolator, I get the same results as with the AP1/PP.

Hi Currawong, Rob Watts also say's he would like to hear a usb cable make a difference as well. I found the AP2 and Audioquest Diamond to be a match made in heaven. Have you noted differences between cables with AP as well?

Apr 13, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #1,202 of 1,214

According to Rob Watts, the new 2Qutes have galvanically isolated USB, so the APs might not make any significant difference. I know that when I run my Hugo using a Schiit Wyrd USB isolator, I get the same results as with the AP1/PP.

Hi Currawong, Rob Watts also say's he would like to hear a usb cable make a difference as well. I found the AP2 and Audioquest Diamond to be a match made in heaven. Have you noted differences between cables with AP as well?

Once I upgraded to the Pure Power, the USB issues stopped, as the noise wasn't passing through to the S/PDIF. 

Aug 25, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #1,203 of 1,214
Have to bring this thread some new life, Recently purchased a used Ap1 with Pp  to use with my Metrum Octave, it worked great for about a week when the Pp began to click and say charging after about 1/2 hour it died and would not do anything

I contacted Phillip and we had a short email discussion at which time he suggested I send him the unit, as I am perpetually broke I had to ask about the cost of him going through the units. His replay was it is still under warranty so there will be no cost to you 

I have to give Phillip Kudos for being a superb builder seller, standing behind his products even when purchased used, Very hard to find that kind of service today

He contacted me yesterday to say he found  an issue that he fixed and was burning it in, He asked if I mind him keeping it in shop till end of week so he could be sure it was up to par,  

IMHO Phillip is a great Guy

Sep 2, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #1,204 of 1,214
Received my Ap1 back from Phillip, though I bought it used he took care of the unit under warrant and did not even ask me to cover shipping, We exchanged 25 emails discussing the AP1 and its setup, and My system sounds better than ever b-4. Below is a direct quote from Phillip

"Hi Joseph, that is great news.  You are most welcome.  To me all my customers and all audiophiles are really part of a community that I'm happy to be part of :)"

How can you go wrong dealing with someone like this....................I am a customer for life
L3000.gif

Sep 2, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #1,205 of 1,214
  FYI Mark 2 versions of both AP1 and AP2 hardware are now available.

Also firmware updates for all models now available, plus a good firmware update to PurePower (recommended for all users)
http://www.audiophilleo.com/support.aspx

Has anyone found that their AP2 will not power itself off after firmware 1.35?

Mine gets stuck with the rear light on and needs to be disconnected and reconnected to work again. 

Sep 7, 2015 at 5:47 AM Post #1,207 of 1,214
My Audiophilleo 2 died last week. Looks like a wire broke off the BNC socket as the glue came unstuck that was supposed to prevent the connector from from twisting in the chassis. Not impressed that it doesn't feature any strain relief on the wires coming from the connector. As I bought mine second hand I guess I'm SOL..

Feb 21, 2022 at 10:25 AM Post #1,210 of 1,214
Is Audiophilleo 2 support ASIO?
The Audiophilleo site says:

"No driver is required for the OS X, Linux and Windows XP operating systems for 192 kHz, 24 bit performance. Windows Vista and 7 require our custom driver for 176/192 kHz operation; a signed 32 and 64 bit versions are available.

Note that the Audiophilleo1 Special Edition support up to 384Khz under Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10, OSX, and Linux.

Under Windows, both the standard and custom drivers are compatible with WASAPI and ASIO4ALL as well as DS. When using ASIO4ALL, the kernel buffers should be set to 4. Note that under XP, for maximum reliability, we recommend using ASIO4ALL instead of kernel streaming."

Aug 12, 2022 at 1:40 AM Post #1,212 of 1,214
Bought a second hand Audiophilleo 1 and can't find the newest firmware (1.36) anywhere. Can't download from the site because this unit serial# has already been registered to another unknown e-mail address. Previous owner also had bought it second hand. Anybody have a download link to share? I tried their support e-mail but been waiting for a week without reply.

Aug 14, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #1,213 of 1,214
Help for a newby. I want to go from winamp to ?? I have an external HD with toms of flac music. I am going out through my USB on my HP laptop into my Peachtree NOVA 300 integrated which has a USB input and goes through Peachtree's on board DAC. The sound is OK but not anything near my CD sound.
Questions:
Should I change the software (bypassing windows) I am using Winamp and I also have Aimp installed. I have the settings as WASAPI Exclusive. My pc volume controls are not being bypassed.
Is there some external piece of Hardware that will make a huge improvement and get me closer to CD sound? (Audiophilleo 1?)
Is there some type of hardware that I can plug my external into that will allow me to completely bypass the PC?

I am looking for my next step and need some of you smart Computer Audiophile's help.

Thanks, Drew

Aug 19, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #1,214 of 1,214
Have anyone tried both Ap1/2 and int204 yet? Could you share your thoughts on them?
I found it really hard to make a choice between these two while unfortunately there's no dealer provides AP for demo...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back