audiophile noob needs help!
Nov 30, 2010 at 7:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

pips

New Head-Fier
Hello all,  I've been recently looking for some new nice, high quality headphones.  Upon researching there I learned about exactly what I was searching for, and they certainly were not Beats by Dre
biggrin.gif
.  Just by seeing how many people walking around with this headphone on shows that the Beats by Dre are just a trend, and not true high quality cans.  But hey, if they enjoy them, who am I to judge them for it

What I am searching for is a pair of closed headphones for listening everywhere from my home, to class at college and the library.  So it is important that nobody is disturbed by what I am listening to.  I'll probably be having them on for hours, so comfortability is imporant.  The music I listen to varies greatly and I would prefer a more analytical sound without an over-emphasis, although I do enjoy a meaty sound.  My budget is 150-200 USD and I can push it to 250 if they are REALLY worth it. 

Thank you all for your time.

Nov 30, 2010 at 8:01 PM Post #2 of 4
I think an ATH M50 would be right up your ally. Some of the closed AKG's might work as well. I haven't heard them but the Sennheiser hd25-1 ii seems to have a lot of fans here. 

Welcome to Head-fi! 

Nov 30, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #3 of 4
Some more recommendations for ya:

Shure SRH440

Sony MDR-7506

Ultrasone HFi-680

Sennheiser HD448

For your sonic preferences I would suggest taking a close look at both the Shures and the Sennheisers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back