Audio-Technica's Take on the Microdriver: ATH-CKN50 and CKN70
Apr 29, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #137 of 294
Quote:
Be prepared to be hit with customs. I got hit with a £24 bill on top of the price so they came to around £84 all in.

Wow, did the seller not "gift" them for you??

Apr 29, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #139 of 294
Apr 30, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #141 of 294
Hello to all, this is my 1st time here and I've been following this thread from the very beginning, since I got my CKN70s almost 2 months now. For those asking about which are the best tips in order to get the best sound out of your CKN70s, well, in my experience, I have tried with different tips (FX40s, MH1Cs, Hybrids and the Sennheiser double flanger for instance,) but I wasn't really that satisfied until I tried the large (L) clear white tips from my Philips SHE3590s and ....... guys, this was really shocking! 
eek.gif
to Me. My CKN70s sound, is completely out of this world now. They literally floored me all over. I could not believe how much was the sound improvement. Clear crystal highs,No peakiness or sibilance at all, you have to listen to that Bass quality now, adding more stage. This tips have provided me one of the best seal I have ever experienced. So, for those of you who happen to have some OLD PHILIPS SHE35XX eims, get them out of the dust, and play with their tips and your gems CKN70's, trust me, they won't gonna disappoint you.  

PS,
I have burned my CKN70s for about 500hrs. I have to tell you, my CKN70s with those Philips SHE35XX tips, have become now in the best iems sound I have ever enjoyed and experienced so far. 
L3000.gif

beerchug.gif

Apr 30, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #143 of 294
Apr 30, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #144 of 294
Hi guys, just received my CKN70 and just found something is off when I was changing the tips. From what I see on the product page, I can see 3 small pin size hole on the bore but it seems that what I see on my pair is kind of a piece of white mesh instead. Any idea if there's anything fishy about my pair?

Would appreciate some feedbacks from owners here. Thanks in advance.

Apr 30, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #145 of 294
Quote:
Hi guys, just received my CKN70 and just found something is off when I was changing the tips. From what I see on the product page, I can see 3 small pin size hole on the bore but it seems that what I see on my pair is kind of a piece of white mesh instead. Any idea if there's anything fishy about my pair?

Would appreciate some feedbacks from owners here. Thanks in advance.

It's normal, mine has a white mesh cover as well. So no worries.

Apr 30, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #147 of 294
from the OP:
Quote:
On January 18, Audio-Technica announced a new model in their PREMIUM COMPACT line. The ATH-CKN70, like the CKN50, uses a 5.7mm dynamic driver, is equipped with the latest version of the loop support system, and has a 1.2 meter long asymmetric cable.

ceb7eee5_CKN70BK.jpeg

The CKN70, shown here in black, is also available in blue or silver.

The biggest differences are the housing, which is now made of cut aluminum for clearer mids and highs, and the diaphragm of the microdriver, which now utilizes carbon nanotubes for a powerful yet articulate sound.

303cffbf_CKN70indetail.gif

Diagram illustrating the components of the CKN70

The new CKN70 comes in black, blue, and silver. It will be released in Japan on February 15 for ¥8925 (~$99 US), though street prices should be lower.

オーテク、小型アルミ切削筐体のカナル型イヤフォン -AV Watch

ATH-CKN70 | ヘッドホン | 一般製品 | オーディオテクニカ

the 70 have 3 holes. and i think the 50 have 2 or 1

Apr 30, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #150 of 294
I'm more interested in the DX210 model, Carbo Basso.

Replied to your post in the discovery thread. :D

Btw any particular reason why you're more interested in the Carbo Basso?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back