Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x, AD1000x, AD900x, AD700x and AD500x
Jan 2, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #241 of 2,205
Quote:
 Here are some crummy looking pictures I took. No comparisons between the AD2000 and AD2000X yet. But honestly, the AD2000X sounds fantastic so far. I will probably let go of the AD2000 either way. Don't need too many headphones around.

I do love the sound of A-T headphones, but one of the main reasons I do not stray from A-T full sized cans for home use is comfort. Pretty much all other headphones bother me with the pressure they put on top of my head. Audio-Technica's wing system does not do that. I can listen for hours without discomfort.

Awesome ! , Does AD2000X clamp as hard ad AD2000 or less ?

Jan 2, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #242 of 2,205
Quote:
 Here are some crummy looking pictures I took. No comparisons between the AD2000 and AD2000X yet. But honestly, the AD2000X sounds fantastic so far. I will probably let go of the AD2000 either way. Don't need too many headphones around.

I do love the sound of A-T headphones, but one of the main reasons I do not stray from A-T full sized cans for home use is comfort. Pretty much all other headphones bother me with the pressure they put on top of my head. Audio-Technica's wing system does not do that. I can listen for hours without discomfort.

Ooh, those are some fine cans! I'm looking forward to your comparison with the AD2k :)

Jan 2, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #243 of 2,205
Quote:

Jan 2, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #245 of 2,205
Quote:

Are the AD2000X drivers angled?

Jan 4, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #249 of 2,205
Loving the ad900x so far, the things I wanted fixed from the ad900 have been, to my taste. Bit more bass, bit less sparkly up top, and the comfort.. no longer need to use the 'phat pad' mod so the driver doesn't touch my ear. Also the material is nicer and doesn't get itchy like the ad900 did for me.

Still only had about 8 hours burn in so I'm not going to post anything detailed yet. I mainly listen to metal/rock.

Jan 4, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #250 of 2,205
Quote:
Loving the ad900x so far, the things I wanted fixed from the ad900 have been, to my taste. Bit more bass, bit less sparkly up top, and the comfort.. no longer need to use the 'phat pad' mod so the driver doesn't touch my ear. Also the material is nicer and doesn't get itchy like the ad900 did for me.

Still only had about 8 hours burn in so I'm not going to post anything detailed yet. I mainly listen to metal/rock.

I have been burning in my pair for a good 100 plus hours. The sound changes for even better the more you burn them in..My pair sounds soo smooth at this point it sounds so nice.

Jan 4, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #254 of 2,205
Quote:
Is the AD900X a big improvement over the KRK KNS 8400 or ATH  50M? 
I ordered the ad900x from Japan through tenso. How long  did it take to arrive at your door?

The AD900X is an improvement over the A900X(airier mids and highs, much improved soundstage) and the A900X is massively superior in terms of a purely enjoyable listening experience than either of those two headphones.

Jan 4, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #255 of 2,205
I ordered my AD900X on the 27th and just received them today. I'll go ahead and say that the AD900X would definitely be a huge upgrade over the M50 simply by being open-backed, but also because of the amazing SQ improvement over the AD700. Been listening for about half an hour now and absolutely in love. I can't wait to hear the difference in sound after these have been burned in.

The comfort and fit are really nice. Tighter clamp than the AD700, but not too much. The pads are excellent as well. I'm glad I got the AD900X instead of the AD900 because I was concerned about the discomfort that many people had with the flat drivers and thin earpads. Not so with the AD900X, you just pop them on and they fit really well around your ears. I'm a bit disappointed that the quality of the cord isn't as good as the AD700's and that the connected isn't metal screw-on, but these aren't deal breaking in any way to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back