Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x, AD1000x, AD900x, AD700x and AD500x
Nov 11, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #77 of 2,205
Quote:
I'm looking at the AD 2000. Do you guys think it's worth the wait when considering the improvements and resale value? Feeling ambivalent right now.

Wait a little more they should be released very soon now , and you will see if their  is "improvements" .

Nov 11, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #79 of 2,205
Although considering the price of the AD2k in the used market it's a no brainer to me. I have doubts about the AD2000x being better but I'm willing to wait and see.

Nov 12, 2012 at 6:32 AM Post #81 of 2,205
hmmm...while waiting for these new headphones prices to come down, I am going to obtain Denon D7000 (while stock last), Fostex TH900, JVC DX700 and DX1000 to complete my woody collection XD. My wallet will keep on burning...

Edit*: also ESW11LTD as well...******* it...

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #82 of 2,205
Quote:
hmmm...while waiting for these new headphones prices to come down, I am going to obtain Denon D7000 (while stock last), Fostex TH900, JVC DX700 and DX1000 to complete my woody collection XD. My wallet will keep on burning...

Edit*: also ESW11LTD as well...******* it...

Wow.  You've got quite the wallet.

Nov 13, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #84 of 2,205
Thinking of entering the forray of open back with an AD900X! Thinking about getting a friend visit Japan to bring one back for me. Don't suppose anyone knows what's the best way to buy local in Japan? Is Yodabashi Camera actually cheap, or just convenient? Just in case there are a few Japanese head-fi-ers, or anyone who travels alot =.^ Thanks!

Nov 13, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #85 of 2,205
Thinking of entering the forray of open back with an AD900X! Thinking about getting a friend visit Japan to bring one back for me. Don't suppose anyone knows what's the best way to buy local in Japan? Is Yodabashi Camera actually cheap, or just convenient? Just in case there are a few Japanese head-fi-ers, or anyone who travels alot =.^ Thanks!

Judging from this, Asahi Denki is the way to go. Kakaku lists stores by location so you still have options if your friend isn't dropping by Kagawa, Shikoku. Most of the stores seem to be in Tokyo and Osaka though.

Nov 13, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #86 of 2,205
The 2000x is pretty damn good. Uses the same driver as the ES10, but in a much better housing. Sound is wide, detailed, and fun. It's typical AT stuff - so if you don't like it, you never will, but for us fans (yes, I've become one), it is excellent. I'm thinking of picking one up at e-earphone. Problem for people with non-Japanese heads is that the headphones slide down. AT stuff simply is too big. I can wear it and if I don't move my head, the phone stays on fine, but as soon as I even shift my eyebrows, the headphones slip down down down. Funny, here, they complain about Senn and Beyer as too tight and clampy and I complain about their 'comfortable' headphones as being two sizes too big. 

Sound is excellent hough. 

Nov 14, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #87 of 2,205
AD2000X will be released tomorrow !?  Who has ordered one ?  
biggrin.gif

Nov 15, 2012 at 3:47 AM Post #90 of 2,205
Quote:
Judging from this, Asahi Denki is the way to go. Kakaku lists stores by location so you still have options if your friend isn't dropping by Kagawa, Shikoku. Most of the stores seem to be in Tokyo and Osaka though.

Cool, thanks! Will ask if my friends can find one around Tokyo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back