Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x, AD1000x, AD900x, AD700x and AD500x
Nov 15, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #92 of 2,205
when will they be released in the united states

Probably with the same delay as the closed X series. I suspect the propagation will be Japan -> rest of East Asia -> Europe and North America. Of course, there are always importers.

More importantly, it's now 16th November. The open X series has been officially released. First impressions and reviews please!

Nov 15, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #93 of 2,205
Quote:
AD2000X will be released tomorrow !?  Who has ordered one ?  
biggrin.gif

I want one, but very expensive. I spent a LOOOONG time with it at e-earphone the other day and loved it. Actually, I'll see if I can get ahold of one for a couple of weeks. If I could, a review could come along quickly.

Nov 16, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #95 of 2,205
Quote:
I want one, but very expensive. I spent a LOOOONG time with it at e-earphone the other day and loved it. Actually, I'll see if I can get ahold of one for a couple of weeks. If I could, a review could come along quickly.

I'm intensely interested in a good review of the AD2000x, also

Nov 18, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #98 of 2,205

Do you know the AD2000? Is it the same character based on your first impressions or another?

Nov 20, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #100 of 2,205
Quote:
AD700 impressions (not by me)

http://headphones.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7019

"No, these aren't a bassier AD700."

frown.gif

Nov 20, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #101 of 2,205
Yeah 
redface.gif
(i don't see the need for more bass , the bass light thing was a trait of AD700 , if the general sound remain the same but with little improvements it's great (a bit less grain etc) , if nothing change it's great too )

But it's not enough , a more in depth comparison is needed , have to wait a bit more 
biggrin.gif

Nov 20, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #103 of 2,205
who said that ? XD
just because there was marketing stuff saying about pads "keeping" bass or what ever it said (with translators it's even worse), didn't mean that they will add bass to the whole line .
We still have to wait about reviews and comparisons beetween new and old line .

And even if they add bass it will not be night and day , peraphs slightly more bass but nothing more , AD line will sound as it was before , but peraphs a bit "improved" (if there is any improvement at all) .

Nov 20, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #104 of 2,205
they look much better now with ''normal'' colors, at least the AD700X
i really hope that the new ad700x have some little improvements over the ad700 in all areas, specially the grain. it doesnt need to have more bass if others aspects are better and the soundstage as good as it predecessor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back