Audio Technica Releases: A500X, A700X, A900X
Nov 30, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #17 of 40
Well these have an all aluminum housing. I know Wood would be awesome but I can tell the clarity is due to the aluminum they are using with the double dampening. Wait till you guys hear how clean this sounds. I knew they would have that signature AT clarity but seriously these are the cleanest sounding headphones I have ever heard..I think they are awesome for the cost and they have impressed me greatly..It is like all other headphones have a veil on them now compared to these. It is not just because of the precise extended highs either. The whole sound signature has a clean energy about it. Bass is definitely ample.. These drivers in wood? I think perhaps that is what these are?What I am wondering is if the sound on these are worth double the cost of the A900X.

Dec 1, 2011 at 6:20 AM Post #18 of 40

Quote:
  Lookie what I got this morning!
My initial impressions. Very clean high end clarity,  I have nothing that sounds as clean as these. I am surprised at the very full balance these phones have. The bass has opened up a bit since I started playing music on them since this morning. At first I was concerned because the bass sounded reserved to me on open box .

It is all smiles so far. I can tell these have some refinements that are working well for the sound. The bass is extended and layered well.  It is more of a neutral sound with great extension on both ends. But then again playing heavier bass end tracks. These just threw a huge smile on my face!! Money well spent.!  These have not a thing in the sound signature that is lacking or recessed. Everything sound crystal clear to me. Highs, mids, bass all smooth and full with a clean glass like clarity. Much like my WS55 when a track calls for heavier bass, the bass comes out to play. When a track calls for precision and clarity. That is what you get. Oh man these are awesome guys!

Pros, 1) New pleather cushy pads
         2) Comfy
         3) Looks awesome in all black
         4) Clean clear sound, supremely balanced and smooth.
         5) Wide stage for closed but you guys would have guessed that already
         6) A high end AT sound with Bass! Oh man what can I say... Awesome!
         7) As smooth as they sound now I can see these getting better with burn in.
         8) Great value for this sound for sure! I wonder just how much more you get sound wise with these compared to their signature high ends..

Cons 1) These will probably sell for cheaper when they release them in the states
         2) Needs some serious burn in.

Will check back in about a weeks worth of burn.. I am very impressed.  Malveaux. Katun, Santa says these are the ones to get this Christmas. I will give these a hearty Dsnuts thumbs up!! Oh man the bass is opening up! Oh Yay! These are sounding better and better as I listen to them.

+1 Agree on burn in.... They seem to be awesome now that I've run them in about 60 or more hours now!! The bass really comes out!

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #20 of 40

Quote:
Japanese people who went to the convention and tested them out said they were crappy.

There is nothing crappy about the new A900X..And this is from a fellow headfier that owns one and have been listening to them..So far from the 3 guys or so that owns them.. Everyone agrees these are awesome. I think these are a great deal for what they are asking even at Audio Cubes.. The refinements in the sounds on these are amazing.. If these weren't all that. I would be the first person to say so. These are gonna take off once they hit the States.

Dec 2, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #21 of 40

Quote:
Japanese people who went to the convention and tested them out said they were crappy.

I just love those descriptive one word answers to describe headphones.
rolleyes.gif
  Do tell, why were they considered "crappy"?

Dec 2, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #22 of 40
Update. Been on the burn. The bass is definitely satisfactory. I am gonna try some EQ on.. Let me say these have not just good bass. They have great bass. I bumped up some bass end. OMG!. That is a proper bass end sound..The over all sound is a brighter signature but the energy of the sounds are undeniable. These are a blast..My vote for must try..

Dec 2, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #24 of 40

Quote:
Thanks for the updates and glad you're enjoying them. I might just consider getting a pair of A900X.

My eQ just brought out the beast on the bass. Oh man. If the A700X has what I am guessing is around 95% of this ss those would be nice too. But all metal for $50 more.. These have replaced my love for the energetic Pioneer sound to a higher level with full mids just as much bass end? Nice.

Dec 4, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #25 of 40
I was PMed last night from a very excited Katun. As you requested. Pics and more pics. Love this chrome trim look. Thats a good looking headphone. Do they sound as good as they look. Absolutely! Angled drivers we all love to give us the sound staging. The drivers might look a bit familiar too but the sound is all new to me.. My 2 fave ATs. One for home and one on the go.

Dec 4, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #26 of 40
What is the smaller headphone?

Quote:
I was PMed last night from a very excited Katun. As you requested. Pics and more pics. Love this chrome trim look. Thats a good looking headphone. Do they sound as good as they look. Absolutely! Angled drivers we all love to give us the sound staging. The drivers might look a bit familiar too but the sound is all new to me.. My 2 fave ATs. One for home and one on the go.

Dec 4, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #27 of 40
One of my favorite portables the WS55..I threw that on these as well as the both of them have that chrome edge outline which makes both phones look really nice.

Dec 4, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #28 of 40
Movin' up.....

So you trashin' all your budget gear?

The new A900 is more than likely my next upper end purchase....I have the ATH-A700 and they're a joy to listen to and my current reference along with my AD700.

I forget how much music I'm missing when I listen to lesser quality gear.

Dec 7, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #30 of 40
What you need is the FiiO E9.  The E7 docks into it to provide a legitimate amp.  The E7 really isn't an amp, it is just a DAC.  They were made to complement each other.

This is misinformation. It's is both a DAC and a low powered AMP. Yes, it is more powerful bypassing the E7's amp and using the E7's DAC with the E9's amp but the E7 still has a notable budget amp in it.

Well these have an all aluminum housing. I know Wood would be awesome but I can tell the clarity is due to the aluminum they are using with the double dampening. Wait till you guys hear how clean this sounds. I knew they would have that signature AT clarity but seriously these are the cleanest sounding headphones I have ever heard..I think they are awesome for the cost and they have impressed me greatly..It is like all other headphones have a veil on them now compared to these. It is not just because of the precise extended highs either. The whole sound signature has a clean energy about it. Bass is definitely ample.. These drivers in wood? I think perhaps that is what these are?What I am wondering is if the sound on these are worth double the cost of the A900X.

What you pictured it the W1000X, which is not a new headphone.

Same ugly ass color on the A700X -______________-

The Japanese love it. Same for the AD700, ugly as sin- but not to their main audience.

It looks like they're using the larger more padding wing design, which I've heard good things about. Also, the TAD series looks really interesting, because AT doesn't have anything to offer for mobile open dynamic headphones as far as I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back