Audio Technica Releases: A500X, A700X, A900X
Dec 7, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #31 of 40
All I am saying, is that it was unable to proficiently power any of my nongrado headphones.

Quote:
This is misinformation. It's is both a DAC and a low powered AMP. Yes, it is more powerful bypassing the E7's amp and using the E7's DAC with the E9's amp but the E7 still has a notable budget amp in it.

Jan 8, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #32 of 40
i know people can get audio technica headphone cheaply pm a model ill let you know the price im selling on ebay too http://www.ebay.com/itm/320825528828?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Mar 4, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #33 of 40
Any review on these compared to the older closed back models. Also how much of a difference are these from the non (x) models. I'm contemplating purchasing a used a700 (not the x) version for a 1/3rd of the rrp, but wondering if it would just be better to spend a lot more and get the newer revision. Keep in mind I've never heard an audio technica headphone so this would be my first purchase.

Mar 4, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #34 of 40
There were a few comments on A900 vs A900x scattered about. Basically the gist of what people have been saying is that they sound mostly the same except the x has more or better bass. No impressions at all of the A700x that I remember. I'd say if you're really on a budget just stick with the A700. I used to own one. It's a great headphone, unless plenty of bright treble and slightly recessed mids bother you a lot. Great bass though. If you have some extra money burning a hole in your pocket, go for the A700x and be sure to report back with plenty of impressions for us. 
L3000.gif

Mar 4, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #35 of 40
Recessed mids bother me a lot. The whole reason I'm even considering the air series is because I wanted vocals to be airy, forward and prominent, which is why I'm willing to sacrifice a little bass compared to what I'm used to but if the mids are still going to be recessed I'd rather have the big bass. Is it the the same case withh all the closed air series?

Mar 4, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #36 of 40
Well, the bass on the A700 probably wasn't what most people would consider huge in quantity, but I thought the quality was very good. I haven't heard the rest of the Air series, so I couldn't say anything about them.

EDIT: Correction, actually we've been talking about the Art series, not Air. Whoops.

Mar 4, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #37 of 40

Quote:
Well, the bass on the A700 probably wasn't what most people would consider huge in quantity, but I thought the quality was very good. I haven't heard the rest of the Air series, so I couldn't say anything about them.

EDIT: Correction, actually we've been talking about the Art series, not Air. Whoops.

ROFL! I thought they were the same, one's just open the other's closed. I was talking about the closed back ones (art?) series.

Mar 4, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #38 of 40
Yeah. Closed=Art. Open=Air. Audio Technica's names all have very similar letters, so it's easy to mix them up when you're skimming over posts. Happens all the time, haha. 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 22, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #39 of 40
How are the A500X's (and A700X's) through an mp3 player like an ipod touch? Do they need an headphone amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back