100+ Head-Fier
From their Singapore Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/AudioTechnicaSingapore

SOLID BASS EARPHONES ATH-CKS77

ACTIVE NOISE CANCELING ATH-ANC23

SOLID BASS HEADPHONES for iPhone 4 ATH-WS55i 

SOLID BASS HEADPHONES ATH-WS55

Jun 8, 2011 at 2:12 AM Post #2 of 10
Thanks for the update. AT announced the new solid bass line-up at the end of March in Japan. Guess they finally decided to share them to the rest of the world.

Aug 9, 2011 at 1:44 PM Post #6 of 10
Looks like the WS55 was released today.. IT is being sold for around $85ish.. Amazon and buy.com.. Just ordered mine.. Will give impressions once I get em.

@swbf2cheater.. I have the has600 and has700 will let you know if these are any better than the JVCs.. I have to admit I have been disappointed with Audio Technica as of late.. The Pro700mk2 was simply an abomination beyond words.. I hope these will make amends. Fingers crossed!

Aug 14, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #7 of 10
For the people that want the first review on the WS55 read my review.. http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/567012/the-portable-bass-kings-the-pioneer-hdj500-vs-akg-518-le-vs-the-first-look-at-the-new-at-ws55-solid-bass#post_7678786 In short these are the real deal.. They are excellent by the way..

Mar 12, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #8 of 10
I recently purchased the ATH-CKS77 and found them to have an incredible amount of detail and instrument separation.  They can sound very bright at times though.  With compressed albums like my Black Label Society they can be a bit too bright but with other music like Santana they can sound quite good.  One thing I really dislike is the shape of the earphone.  I like to listen to earphones on my bike and these stick out so much that they cause wind turbulence. It can become very distracting.  I'm currently using the Comply TX-400 tips with them which provide a good fit and seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back