Audio-Technica M50xBT Impressions Thread
Jan 21, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #31 of 67
This could also be your source or anything else that may cause interference ? !

I listened on my MacBook & two other phones & I heard the noise. it's definitely not the source, because even when I turn on headphones (bluetooth button is ON), without connecting to any source, I can hear this static noise.

Feb 19, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #32 of 67
I own ATH AR5BT of Audio Technica. I am wondering if the sound signature of the M50XBT will be same as AR5BT? Is there anyone who tried or used both? Can they give a short comparision
I have the sr6bt, m50xbt, and Msr7. From what i have read the sr5 and sr6 are the same sound. I actually think the sr6bt sounds better than the m50xbt. The m50x has a more aggressive sound which is good for the gym which is what i use them for. For just sitting around listening to music the sr6bt has a more enjoyable and detailed sound. M50x has more bass but also has a more abrupt and metallic treble which is a little much sometimes.

Feb 20, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #33 of 67
I have the sr6bt, m50xbt, and Msr7. From what i have read the sr5 and sr6 are the same sound. I actually think the sr6bt sounds better than the m50xbt. The m50x has a more aggressive sound which is good for the gym which is what i use them for. For just sitting around listening to music the sr6bt has a more enjoyable and detailed sound. M50x has more bass but also has a more abrupt and metallic treble which is a little much sometimes.

Thank you for this. I found that AR5BT and SR6BT are exactly the same. Based on the country where you buy, they are called differently. I also realized that the AR5BT when wired are actually sounding lot better than MSR7. I was in the view that MSR7 is better than AR5BT. But that's not the case. Without this knowledge, I invested in a second hand MSR7 (almost new) which I got at a great bargain price. But am disappointed with its sound. MSR7 is more comfortable than AR5BT though.

Feb 20, 2019 at 11:31 PM Post #34 of 67
Thank you for this. I found that AR5BT and SR6BT are exactly the same. Based on the country where you buy, they are called differently. I also realized that the AR5BT when wired are actually sounding lot better than MSR7. I was in the view that MSR7 is better than AR5BT. But that's not the case. Without this knowledge, I invested in a second hand MSR7 (almost new) which I got at a great bargain price. But am disappointed with its sound. MSR7 is more comfortable than AR5BT though.
Your msr7s must be broken... M50x and dr6bt sound pretty bad compared to mine.

Feb 21, 2019 at 1:11 AM Post #36 of 67
Your msr7s must be broken... M50x and dr6bt sound pretty bad compared to mine.

I just rushed to the hifi store few blocks from my work place. I tried the MSR7 on display there. The sound signature matches the one I got with me. I tried comparing few of the physical features and they all match. The vital difference I am finding between AR5 and MSR7 is in the highs and sibilance. The AR5 has no sibilance and MSR7 has too much sibilance. There is too much happening in the highs in MSR7 that it sounds noisy and sibilant while AR5 is able to reproduce them nicely. Rest all sound same to me in both.

This makes me come to the conclusion of one of the below

1. AR5 and SR6 are different. Also AR5 sound signature is superior to SR6. (Highly improbable, from what I see on youtube and internet, they are same)
2. AR5 sound signature is actually better than MSR7? (atleast that's how they sound to me). Does my MSR7 need more burn-in?

Feb 21, 2019 at 1:29 AM Post #37 of 67
I just rushed to the hifi store few blocks from my work place. I tried the MSR7 on display there. The sound signature matches the one I got with me. I tried comparing few of the physical features and they all match. The vital difference I am finding between AR5 and MSR7 is in the highs and sibilance. The AR5 has no sibilance and MSR7 has too much sibilance. There is too much happening in the highs in MSR7 that it sounds noisy and sibilant while AR5 is able to reproduce them nicely. Rest all sound same to me in both.

This makes me come to the conclusion of one of the below

1. AR5 and SR6 are different. Also AR5 sound signature is superior to SR6. (Highly improbable, from what I see on youtube and internet, they are same)
2. AR5 sound signature is actually better than MSR7? (atleast that's how they sound to me). Does my MSR7 need more burn-in?
My msr7 makes both of the others soon sibilant and unnatural on the highs. Msr7 is a lot clearer and cleaner sound. The m50 has more low end response and better isolation. The dr6bt is basically the same sound signature as my msr7 just with a cheaper build and lower quality of sound.

Mar 2, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #41 of 67
Bought the M50XBT for my son a month or so ago when they went on sale. Today is the first chance I have had to try them as he is always using them...

Dang, they sure do sound good! They sound as good wireless as wired or close enough I dont care. Very very nice! Considering their insane battery life, rock solid build, reasonable comfort, and a price tag almost the same as the wired model (lower at the sale price I got) these are a no brainer headphone.

He even gets some compliments from some of the kids at school because his school uses the M50X for their Electronic Music classes so some of the kids know how good this headphone is.

Mar 3, 2019 at 12:14 AM Post #42 of 67
Bought the M50XBT for my son a month or so ago when they went on sale. Today is the first chance I have had to try them as he is always using them...

Dang, they sure do sound good! They sound as good wireless as wired or close enough I dont care. Very very nice! Considering their insane battery life, rock solid build, reasonable comfort, and a price tag almost the same as the wired model (lower at the sale price I got) these are a no brainer headphone.

He even gets some compliments from some of the kids at school because his school uses the M50X for their Electronic Music classes so some of the kids know how good this headphone is.
You mean, he doesn’t wear the Beats “Studio” when playing actual instruments?! :L3000:

Mar 3, 2019 at 12:31 AM Post #43 of 67
He gets what I give him and I dont buy Beats LOL. Actually he likes most of the headphones I have given him. Before this one he used a pair of M100 for quite a long time.

Mar 13, 2019 at 5:24 AM Post #44 of 67
Hi, new to the forums and not quite the expert with headphones as all you here! I just received the M50XBT yesterday and I do enjoy the sound and functionality of them, but they clamp on to my head so tight I can hear my heart thumping and after 30 minutes I just can't wear them any longer. Would they loosen up over time or is it just a bad fit for me? I am female with pretty small head. My current old over ears are Senniheser HD 449's. and are fairly comfortable for me. I am trying to determine if I should give them some time or return them.

Mar 13, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #45 of 67
but they clamp on to my head so tight I can hear my heart thumping and after 30 minutes I just can't wear them any longer.

My head happens to be large, so this was a big issue for me. I just bent the headband outward.
If you feel comfortable doing this, it will loosen the fit. You have to put a bit of muscle into it to actually bend it tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back