Audio-Technica Flagship Coming?
May 23, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #31 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then the A2000x is a bargain?

If you want a brighter L3000, then yes. It's not as easy as to say that everyone who liked the L3000 will like the A2000X. The L3000 is great for what it is - a pretty dark headphone with great speed and good imaging. The A2000X is much brighter but it shares many other similarities in the mids, it's just that the quantity of bass and highs are, exaggeratedly speaking, reversed - think \ and /
wink.gif
I'd say that technically, the two aren't far apart. The L3000 of course has the all-time-beauty and exclusivity bonus the A2000X can't touch.

May 23, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #36 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Turko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love dark nor bright.just want real character in music..
atsmile.gif

I agree. My reference is the Concert Hall.

May 23, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #38 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Artmon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree. My reference is the Concert Hall.

which one
popcorn.gif

May 23, 2009 at 7:50 PM Post #40 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvinz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
which one
popcorn.gif

The Dr. Anton Philips Concert Hall in The Hague (Netherlands). Front balcony, first row.

May 23, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #42 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aslan123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Price Japan has it for $541. This includes EMS shipping, insurance and their fee. For DHL shipping the price is $581 total.

PriceJapan.com

Tempting, too bad they look like ATH-900Ti, and those pleather pads, yikes, plus it seems like we have just a single person who is fully and very vocally appreciate them. Not a very assuring sign.
frown.gif

May 24, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #43 of 53
When I have tried the A2000X out (half a dozen times now), I have never been particularly overwhelmed although they mostly do not have a prefered sound signature for me. The conditions were not the best, but my general sense was a variation of the W5000s/AD2000s- forward, transparent, brightish, lite on the bass (I prefer a very prominent bass). I guess I would put them a bit closer to the AD2000s. When they first came out, I was praying for a reissue of the L3000 sound signature but did not at all get that impression. I was really paying attention to the bass output and in that sense, I found them nothing like the L3000s. Big-ban's and Artmons comments have rekindled my interest, and I do think I will get a better impression if I had them at home. However, I struggle to find a connection with the L3000s and suspect the W5000s would still end up being my preference.

The fit is a little better than the W5000s, but I still did not like it very much. They are very light but they feel a bit awkward; closer to the W5000s or AD2000s as opposed to the very comfortable W1000s or L3000s.

I just have trouble believing that AT intends them to be their flagship headphones. They are still a couple of years away from their 50th anniversary so maybe they will wait until then to release another L3000 type statement/limited edition model. I hope it is not that long.

May 24, 2009 at 1:17 AM Post #44 of 53
Here is a fabulous quote describing the AT woodie line up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In the beginning, there was the W10VTG. And it was good. And God said, Let there be light", and there was the W10LTD. It was light (a lighter shade of wood). And it was different. Its sound was thinner. And for more than a few, it wasn't so good.

Then God said, "Let me return to the goodness of the W10VTG, but make it better." And then there was the W11JPN. And it was good. Very good. God was pleased.

And God said, "Let there be a rounder shape of wood", and there was the W100. And for many who liked the thinner sound of the W10LTD, but didn't like it, the W100 was good (though for some, only the ones later in the production run sounded good.)

But God got forgetful and said again, "Let there be Light" (while looking at his earlier W11JPN), and there was the W11R. And it was not so good. God had created the "red-headed stepsister of the family".

Then God said, "Let there be beautiful", and there was the W2002. But God is a merciless God. At least to those without HA2002 or Sugden HeadMasters.

Then God said, "Let there be beautiful for the masses", and there was the W1000. I'll stop saying anything about this W1000, because the original poster owns one.

Then God said looked at his past creations and curried up his knowledge and his skill and said, "Let there be my ultimate", and there was the L3000. And it was good. It had everything that was good in all of prior creation and was good.

Then God said, "Let me finally get the W10LTD, W100, W2002, W1000 done right", and there was the W5000. And finally, it was good.

And so God rested, until the 50th anniversary of his creation.

All in my honest opinion.
biggrin.gif

Best regards,

-Jason

From this thead.

May 24, 2009 at 1:24 AM Post #45 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gu Sensei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is a fabulous quote describing the AT woodie line up:

From this thead.

Wow, I am speechless! Stunningly beautiful, hats off to jjcha.
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back