Audio Technica ES-10 with Iphone 3GS, with amp?
May 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM Post #31 of 48
The shop keeper said he had the T50p in the shop (from the distributor) last week... just for display for 2 days. Anyway he said it was very bass heavy and thought the ES10 was a much more balanced set.
But he said he'll call me once the T50p comes in anyway so he could tempt me swiping that fantastic plastic again.

I'm no good with impressions of headphones... not articulate enough. I do like taking photos though...

May 14, 2010 at 1:03 AM Post #33 of 48
Well, at least that pic is sw33t.

sm1583cartmansweetposte.jpg

May 14, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #34 of 48
That's a shame, if the T50p is superbassy. A lot of companies do that to try and get into the mainstream market, bassiness sounds good to a lot of people and bass is the first thing lost in a noisy environment, so they don't want people using these on the subMTRtube and going 'they have no bass e'

May 14, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #35 of 48
Yeah the shopkeeper's face when he described the T50p said it all... really wasn't his type of phones... LOL but he did say they look sweet. I would have purchased the 3move amp too last night but they don't have it at the store.

2rooi123: Didn't really have time to fully enjoy the ES10s last night.. about 2 hours. From what I listened to, I liked my rock on it Linkin Park etc...

Thanks Mad Max, I don't know if people would get offended if I just started posting up pictures of the headphones so only posted 1. LOL

Look forward to getting more listening time with these babies and hear the improvement as they burn in, normally i would just let it slowly burn in and enjoy the process... but a part of me is considering using white / pink noise for these phones... thinking thinking...

May 14, 2010 at 3:00 AM Post #36 of 48
I think an amp might be worth it for a library or office or transportable use but portable, naw, not for me. Big amps for big headphones though... 

May 14, 2010 at 3:23 AM Post #37 of 48
Well before I was using the iphone 3GS and i thought music was ok... (haven't tried anything better and i just like it coz its handy to have a all-in-1) but a drunken Saturday night meant that i left my iphone in the cab for the next lucky customer.

So now I have been using the older generation ipod nano... i don't know if its just my head playing tricks on me but it seems like the music isn't as good even though the music files are the same. Can anyone tell me if my head is playing tricks on me for losing my iphone?

So I thought, while I wait for the new iphone... use a portable amp to enjoy music with my ipod nano... and I'm sure I'll have use for the portable amp later and on longer flights too anyway...

May 14, 2010 at 4:04 AM Post #39 of 48
From what I've heard, recent iPod / iPhones have finally started to catch up sound wise with the best players around - it does not mean though that they're "the best" (a rather futile research anyway), so it does not surprise me that your 3GS has better sound than your nano.

I am though VERY surprised at the comments on the T50p, since I read the exact opposite on a Chinese website. They described their bass as perfectly balanced with the rest of the spectrum - actually they described their sound signature in the exact same way the T1 are described (which of course does not mean that they're technically on par, just that they share a similar sound signature).

We'll see then ! Exciting times anyway for our ears, but it is a constant wall street drama in my wallet these days. I'll just ask for a state bailout if I ever go into the red.

May 14, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #40 of 48
Well from testing out the ES10 when i was at the shop, sound isolation wasn't its strongest point... so i'll test out the T50p and if its as good as the HD25-1 in terms of sound and isolation, then I might get it, mainly for travel and flights.

300 hours of burn in?? mmm..... ok..... looks like i'll be doing some extended listening these few days / week.

I'm still considering dropping by this other head phone place now to check out their mobile amps... like MayaTlab said.. wall street drama indeed...

May 14, 2010 at 12:27 PM Post #41 of 48

Quote:
I think an amp might be worth it for a library or office or transportable use but portable, naw, not for me. Big amps for big headphones though... 

I've got no problems being out and about with my portable "brick", lol. My portable amp is low profile, rubberband-ed to my ipod then I just clip it to my belt. I usually wear my t-shirts tucked out so I cover it up and then it probably looks like I have some fancy gadget under there or that fat blackberry, lol. Doesn't get people's attention, though if I were not to cover it up it would certainly turn heads since most people don't use portable amps and they'd stare at my rig with a What-face.

May 14, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #42 of 48

Quote:
The shop keeper said he had the T50p in the shop (from the distributor) last week... just for display for 2 days. Anyway he said it was very bass heavy and thought the ES10 was a much more balanced set.
But he said he'll call me once the T50p comes in anyway so he could tempt me swiping that fantastic plastic again.

I'm no good with impressions of headphones... not articulate enough. I do like taking photos though...

and i thought the es10 is already bassy.. gawd is he serious??

anyway i got a similar es10 on top of the bed pic LOL

but i liked these better from the avatar lol

May 15, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #43 of 48
Interesting. The top pic has the metal cups looking about flush with the surface and flat, but the 2nd has it looking very bulbous, rounded. So which is it?

May 15, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #44 of 48
They look the same to me. =\

Edit: Light can play tricks on you. n_n As can photoshop =P

May 15, 2010 at 2:29 AM Post #45 of 48
well the first pic is taken with a wide angle and a macro lens attached
and the second one is taken with a normal lens

so for the idea of what it really look like i'll take the second pic
and sorry, no photoshop involved 
wink_face.gif

and it really isnt that bulbous, it's just the angle that i took the shot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back