Audio Technica ATH-W5000 headphones
Jul 11, 2021 at 2:49 AM Post #301 of 304
Hello Aethelred,

yes I read your post!
Assuming that the AWKT Kokutan you tested was more or less the final end product, did you feel it was really a different tuning or more the same? Did you feel it was better?

Maybe it is difficult to tell something meaningfull, because of the short listening session at a show...

Thanks for your answer!

Jul 12, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #302 of 304
Hello Aethelred,

yes I read your post!
Assuming that the AWKT Kokutan you tested was more or less the final end product, did you feel it was really a different tuning or more the same? Did you feel it was better?

Maybe it is difficult to tell something meaningfull, because of the short listening session at a show...

Thanks for your answer!
I felt like it was close to final, I have left some comments that were collected by the AT team and allegedly passed to the developers. i actually spent about 1-2hrs with the 3 AT headphones and was comparing them. There was not W5000 but I own this model for a long time and know very well the sound.
First mind that i have my W5000 modded with a piece of rope inside that distance the phones a bit comparing to the flat pads of the stock.
This mod IMHO adds the body to the sound and smooth-ens the high frequency. Also with this mod i was not able in 99.9 % of cases to hear the nasal sound of W5000.
I was rather impressed by the sound and i thought this was the correct direction. It was not on the ethereal side of the sound but rather natural with a good amount of information and some body. I really like the acoustic information about the recording space. I think with the right pairing this could be a very nice setup. especially for the AT fans.
I like AT house of sound in the W5000, not so much in the W3000ANV.
I will buy them at some point for sure but i play now with HEDD and have very little time for music anyways.

Oct 5, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #303 of 304
Guys I just got my w5000 which I'm still burning it in. It sounds amazing alright but everyday it sounds subtly different, sometimes better.
Today I stopped the burning in and let it sit for a day and then it sounded worst after the rest!
How long is it going to take to stabilize?

Feb 23, 2023 at 12:57 AM Post #304 of 304
Guys I just got my w5000 which I'm still burning it in. It sounds amazing alright but everyday it sounds subtly different, sometimes better.
Today I stopped the burning in and let it sit for a day and then it sounded worst after the rest!
How long is it going to take to stabilize?
Maybe it it just the fit, audio tech headphones change A LOT depending in the fit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back